What's on the idiot box... Part 2

Rosbjerg

Download the series, tsk tsk tsk ;) Anyway, I don't know who ripped who, but the first episode of the returned is certainly well done, making the returned the second past time Tv-show this year that picked my interest.

p.s. Thanks @Raithe and @Hiro for providing feedback and summaries :)

Edited by Mor

I knew it. God, I have the best ear for voices. Was half-watching TV while drinking Scotch and reading the forum, when I heard a distinctly Skyrim voice coming out of the TV during a local flooring company commercial. Had to look it up for 15 minutes, but it appears to be Jason Marsden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4OCMA8onPI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDwvmISfbdw

All Stop. On Screen.

Walking Dead - omg, Denise Crosby! :lol:

....and the obvious Terminus scenario is obvious. Of course, they could be just be messing with our minds, making it seem so.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Resurrection. People come back to life after many years, even decades and wake up in weird places. Sort of has a 4400 feel to it with people coming back. Seems to be the best out of these new series.

Noticed on the internet, people have been saying this is just a rip off of the French TV series Les Revenants (The Returned). So I decided to download this series and.. WOW, now I know why people are saying this is a rip off. :lol: The French version is a great show btw.

Technically, Resurrection is based on a book series The Returned by Jason Mott and not Les Revenants (the film or tv show) nor on the comic book Revival.

My understanding is that the production company had the idea and has looked into licensing both the French show and the comic before settling on adapting the novel (but I may be misremembering).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Watched the first 4 eps. of "Resurrection". I sorta liked it. I can tell I'll eventually get tired of the "why are they back and what small-town buried secrets does everyone have?" angles but, well, I'm used to that and it's enough to keep me watching for a while. It feels a bit Stephen King-y, I mean. That 70's Show's dad dude is always good, imo, and I liked that the actor from House was ... bouncing a ball against the wall. Haha!

Was half-watching TV while drinking Scotch and reading the forum, when I heard a distinctly Skyrim voice coming out of the TV during a local flooring company commercial. Had to look it up for 15 minutes, but it appears to be Jason Marsden.

Missed that post....I've seen that commercial a few times, definitely didn't make the connection. I didn't realize he did that Skyrim song bit, either.

And finally ... sorry if it was mentioned before a while back or something, but today I saw this and went wtf? Then "well, but Martin Freeman! (and Billy Bob Thorton) ... It might be ok...maybe"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jFU0r0xG_c

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Here's another one where you can better hear Freeman going for the accent - plus Bob Odenkirk saying "oh geez" = me lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHnwlnYbioI

How I Met Your Mother - the series finale.

I would say that was pretty well done. It ran the gamut of emotions , the comedy, the sadness, the bittersweet timing, then blending back to comedy without really missing a beat.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well I didn't even recognize him, Wormtongue, Brad Dourif on SHIELD. I did recognizer the bits of TRON musical score they used to enhance the episode's outro preview for next week ... Disney reusing elements from unrelated universes, feels weird.  

All Stop. On Screen.

Did this week's SHIELD have any important bearing or spoilers on Captain America: The Winter Soldier? I'm holding off until I figure that out, or until I manage to see that flick.

I would guess not, since Winter Soldier isn't out until Friday in North America.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

This weeks SHIELD was pre-Winter Soldier, next weeks is post-Winter Soldier.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Arrow: holy crap. That much hasn't happened in a non-season finale pretty much ever.

Thea finds out she's Merlyn's son and that Ollie his mum were lying, Roy takes off, Det. Lance is arrested for aiding Ollie, Ollie loses the company, and Laurel finds out Ollie is the Arrow.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg