What's on the idiot box... Part 2

Rosbjerg

I liked it.  Thought it was another solid episode.

I thought they'd used Simmons and Fitz' first names in the first episode...but may be mistaken.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Ive missed several episodes, is there one which showed the alien invasion they were referencing?

No, that was The Avengers.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Arrow was good. Don't know why they have black canary as a blonde wearig a blonde wig, especially since the actress that played her in season 1 was a brunette. Professor Ivo introduced. Lots of cool stuff this season.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Been watching Steven Universe, based on the hype I was expecting it to be good, at least on Adventure Time's level, but so far its just kind of meh.

Devastatorsig.jpg

"Night of the Doctor" prequel mini-episode to the "Day of the Doctor" Anniversary special -

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Almost Human. I only saw the last half-hour, but there is good chemistry between Karl Urban's character and his android partner! I better look him up so I know of whom I speak. Michael Ealy, as Dorian. And a surprise role from the guy who played the pirate zombie with the wooden eyeball in Pirates of the Caribbean. Definitely will be tuning in tomorrow night for part two of the premiere. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Almost Human.

Some potential interest to the world, plus a show that manages to get in lines like "Don't scan my testicles. Ever."

While the sci-fi tends to be interesting ideas but with chunks of implausibility and near-Fringe like science.. I'd say this show is really going to come down to the relationship back and forth of the two main leads, Urban and Ealy.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

After watching the first episode of Almost Human, I'm a huge fan of the two lead characters.  They are extremely fun to watch, and as much as I love the special effects, I hope they keep the budget reasonable so we can have more than one season of this awesome show.

IO9 described it as 80's sci fi with a modern coat of paint. that's pretty accurate, and not a bad thing.

Devastatorsig.jpg

With the 2nd episode you have a lot more banter. Dorian making fun of his partner, Dorian setting up an online dating profile for his partner, Dorian scanning his partners testicles and offering advice because "you're backed up and you need to get laid."

I confess I was a bit shocked about the "ball talk" in an 8:00 pm network program.  9:00 wouldn't have seemed weird, but 8:00 did. I guess I'm officially a fogy.

That said the show reminded me of a sci-fi take on the modern CSI/crime procedural, to be honest.  And in that sense I enjoyed it a good deal.

Maybe this will be the "Cop partnered with a android" show that will actually last more than one season (following Holmes and Yo-Yo, Future Cop, and Mann and Machine)

The testicle mention was paltry compared to the sex-trafficking, skin farming, abductions, and murdering of both human and android.  :blink: Still, Almost Human is a triumph of character and visuals, Karl Urban is just impossibly charismatic, along with Michael Ealy. The lab guy is fantastic, too. Same with the police captain. It's shocking how well-developed all of their relationships feel, already.

Season 5 Star Trek: TNG blu-ray release on deck, tonight, woot!!  

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I watched 'Castle' at the weekend. For some reason Castle reminded me of Raithe. Honestly can't say why.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The testicle mention was paltry compared to the sex-trafficking, skin farming, abductions, and murdering of both human and android.  :blink: Still, Almost Human is a triumph of character and visuals, Karl Urban is just impossibly charismatic, along with Michael Ealy. The lab guy is fantastic, too. Same with the police captain. It's shocking how well-developed all of their relationships feel, already.

Season 5 Star Trek: TNG blu-ray release on deck, tonight, woot!!  

The sex trafficking thing was fairly low key (ie they never really showed what the bots did, for example), the skin farming and abductions and murders par for the course for a police procedural show.

Maybe its just that I never figured I'd hear people talking about "ball draining" on network TV. :p

Like I said, its a good show, but I was just a but surprised at that.

An Adventure in Space and Time.

The dramatization of Doctor Who's beginnings, the first female producer and the first indian director in the BBC, along with William Hartnell's journey as the first doctor.

Some interesting bits and pieces, they made the initial scripts and stuff very fast, background things, but focused on the characters of the people involved.

Day of the Doctor.

To that last spoiler of AGX-17, that's.. not technically true. Hidden and lost.

Not completely sure what to make of it actually. It's got lots of good bits to it, but something didn't quite gel completely to the overall thing, I just can't place my finger on what exactly it was.

And some fez jokes.