What you did today

Rosbjerg

I should say that my impression is based primarily on the degree to which drivers pay attention to pedestrians while in a relatively urban environment.  Highway behavior might well be very different.  The Land Rover drivers that I most often find myself at odds with tend to be trophy wives looking for parking spots near the nail salon. 

Land Rovers are really rare around my parts, I've only seen one, and it was modified for extreme terrain driving and used as an tractor more than an car really. I live on the countryside and the most common car here is just a normal roadcar, the only exception is my uncles King Cab.

To be clear, I mean this kind of Land Rover:

evoque630.jpg

Not this kind:

Land_Rover_Defender_front_20070518.jpg

Hehehe, yeah, I know; I've only seen the second kind though, they really are'nt that popular around here otherwise. Many more Audi's and BMW's though.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Technically yesterday, but I was stopping for pizza (schmizza,) for dinner on my way home last night and a businessman ahead of me legitimately pulled out a wad of cash in a money clip to pay, there were at least two $100 bills, and that's in a wad that must have been an inch thick, folded in half. He didn't have a top hat or a walking stick with a solid gold eagle-shaped cudgel on top. That surprised me.

• Like 1

Well, it is literally the only social media related thing I've ever posted here.

Youch, that's pretty damn typical. Are you going to shut down those videos?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

What a lucky..guess by me. Yes.

Well, it is literally the only social media related thing I've ever posted here.

Way to kill my joke that I was the one doing it.  *kicks dirt*. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Youch, that's pretty damn typical. Are you going to shut down those videos?

Nope. It was just some nasty youtube comments, nothing to make a big deal over. The only reason I posted it was that I was surprised it came from someone here - I like this board and the people here and it was unexpected. I'm no stranger to internet harassment, it's no biggie.

What a lucky..guess by me. Yes.

Way to kill my joke that I was the one doing it.  *kicks dirt*. :p

I already knew who it was though, but if it makes you feel any better you could post some troll comments on my deviant art account. It's been inactive for three years, but I'd still get the notifications in my mail. :)

Edited by TrueNeutral

I already knew who it was though, but if it makes you feel any better you could post some troll comments on my deviant art account. It's been inactive for three years, but I'd still get the notifications in my mail. :)

If it consists of furry pictures or sonic the hedgehog (which also falls into the realm of furries,) fanart/comics/original characters (i.e. "TYLER THE HEDGEHOG HE IS SANIC'S BROTHER WHO IS EVEN MORE SUPER SAIYAN RODENT THAN SANIC GOTTA GO FAST OC DO NOT STEAL I KNOW YOU'RE ALL JUST JEALOUS OF MY ARTISTIC SKILL WITH NO. 2 PENCILS AND CRAYONS",) then count me in.

Edited by AGX-17
  • Like 1

Bad luck, no furries. I've got a five year old piece of Bioware fanart that is a bit embarrassing however.

Dammit, now I feel like looking up your LP so I can see who is harassing you.

Ok, the feeling passed but Ill shake my fist in their general direction for you.

The comments are gone anyway.

Bad luck, no furries. I've got a five year old piece of Bioware fanart that is a bit embarrassing however.

No, bad luck is encountering furries in any aspect of human life. Same goes for bronys. I remember my first day at university, I saw a rotund female wearing a velvet cape. I thought that was bad. I reassessed my opinion after seeing a guy with a picture of his fursona safety-pinned to his jacket with some sort of fake animal ears attached to the hood.

The latest offense is that there's a brony with rainbow-dyed hair who exclusively wears MLP T-shirts and carries a MLP backpack wandering around campus while I wait for my microbiology lecture. Speaking of which, the lab's only worth 30% of the final grade even though missing more than two gets an automatic F. Attendance/participation are only worth 5 out of that 30. Insert Jerry Seinfeld reaction here.

Edited by AGX-17

Furriers are also a bunch of f'ing weirdos, too.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

No, bad luck is encountering furries in any aspect of human life. Same goes for bronys. I remember my first day at university, I saw a rotund female wearing a velvet cape. I thought that was bad. I reassessed my opinion after seeing a guy with a picture of his fursona safety-pinned to his jacket with some sort of fake animal ears attached to the hood.

The latest offense is that there's a brony with rainbow-dyed hair who exclusively wears MLP T-shirts and carries a MLP backpack wandering around campus while I wait for my microbiology lecture. Speaking of which, the lab's only worth 30% of the final grade even though missing more than two gets an automatic F. Attendance/participation are only worth 5 out of that 30. Insert Jerry Seinfeld reaction here.

I don't have a problem with bronies. Their particular fandom is unconventional but they don't strike me as anything else than obsessive geeks. Plus, while I'm obviously not the demographic for that show and I'm not a fan, I have to objectively say that it's a show with quality writing and characterization (I'm an animator and I give any animated show at least a couple of episodes). On the other hand, furries weird me the hell out and I rue the day someone explained to me what yiffing was by googling it.

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 1

I don't have a problem with bronies. Their particular fandom is unconventional but they don't strike me as anything else than obsessive geeks. Plus, while I'm obviously not the demographic for that show and I'm not a fan, I have to objectively say that it's a show with quality writing and characterization (I'm an animator and I give any animated show at least a couple of episodes). On the other hand, furries weird me the hell out and I rue the day someone explained to me what yiffing was by googling it.

No idea what you guys are talking about but it sounds scary....like mutated creatures that have escaped from the depths of Chernobyl !!!  :nuke:  :nuke:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I've only met one furry in real life. This would be a guy who believed that he was exactly like a transgendered person, but instead of being born as the wrong gender he was born as the wrong species. He truly believed that he was a dog in a man's body. In truth he was just guano.

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 4

:banghead::aiee:

*ahem*

Furry (pl furries) - people who identify with and/or dress up as anthopomorphic animals

Furrier (pl furriers) - One whose occupation is the dressing, designing, selling, cleaning, or repairing of furs

:biggrin:

• Like 4

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

So, you go from anthromorphic to helping anthromorphic people with their costumes? That's quite the transition.

Bought the V70 btw.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

AFAIK furries don't use real fur in their costumes.  I'd imagine killing a billion rabbits to make a rabbit costume so you can go squiffing would be a bit traumatic for the furry involved.

Could be wrong, not really up on furry culture.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

So, you go from anthromorphic to helping anthromorphic people with their costumes? That's quite the transition.

Bought the V70 btw.

*Deep breath* Noooooooooooooo!

I've only met one furry in real life. This would be a guy who believed that he was exactly like a transgendered person, but instead of being born as the wrong gender he was born as the wrong species. He truly believed that he was a dog in a man's body. In truth he was just guano.

I laughed far too much at this.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Bought the V70 btw.

It's our official company car, so I've spent a lot of hours and miles in them. It's actually a surprisingly good car, so.. good choice.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

:banghead::aiee:

*ahem*

Furry (pl furries) - people who identify with and/or dress up as anthopomorphic animals

Furrier (pl furriers) - One whose occupation is the dressing, designing, selling, cleaning, or repairing of furs

:biggrin:

Jawohl, mein furrier!

I DRIVE AN AUDI

This explains so much! ;P

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1