What you did today

Rosbjerg

Chinese food, a nap, catch the end of the ballgame (just don't feel like watching the whole thing tonight) and then I may curl up with a book.

Current mood: ok - not great, but ok.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

When he saw it was me that ordered a beer, he dropped the glass in his hand in shock! :)

Why? He didn't expect you? ..

Also damn, you know it's Scandinavia when it's 5:10pm and completly dark..

Heh, I think it was the second time I ever went into a bar, and he knows it. Oh, and it was the first time he saw me without a beard in ten years, that did'nt help. I think he got a flashback to the teens. ;)

The bouncer interrogated me for two minutes about my ID...

I hate daylight savings, it's the year 2013... we don't have to rely on sunlight for work nor candles! How about letting people get a few minutes of sunlight after work instead? :/

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Hm. Wind and rain kept me awake through most of the night. Which is different, because normally I find it soothing. So fairly tired and trying to focus, but finding myself very.. flat, non-focused and somewhat apathetic as the morning progresses. Not sure why. Taking a good cup of tea and seeing if I can stir some motivation on the day and get my mojo in order.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Hm. Wind and rain kept me awake through most of the night. Which is different, because normally I find it soothing. So fairly tired and trying to focus, but finding myself very.. flat, non-focused and somewhat apathetic as the morning progresses. Not sure why. Taking a good cup of tea and seeing if I can stir some motivation on the day and get my mojo in order.

iirc, your normal day begins with a cup of tea and a ponder ...and leaves you still feeling flat.

Have you tried the passionate rhythms of the salsa?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

it's force 11 out in some parts of the Netherlands right now, with windspeeds up to 138km/h (about 85 miles per hour)

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

iirc, your normal day begins with a cup of tea and a ponder ...and leaves you still feeling flat.

Have you tried the passionate rhythms of the salsa?

There's flat and there's flat. But it's partly about getting certain patterns you establish that you always perform and succeed at the basics to get something going. And frankly, it's just damn uncivilised to not start the day with a good cup of tea. A nice brew is a default action for all problems...

But I'm trying some Two Steps From Hell as background noise.

• Like 2

it's force 11 out in some parts of the Netherlands right now, with windspeeds up to 138km/h (about 85 miles per hour)

Sounds like you guys need to Dutch and cover.

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm prepping for the storm by bringing in some wood, and trying to find some boards for one of my partially broken windows. If it goes as usual, I won't have power for a few days. Yay. Or something.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Came home from work in a storm. Reading now that a Class 3 warning is issued. Thanks a lot, Not So Great Britain! All trains are cancelled and it was dark as night at 3pm. I hate the fall.

Decided to have some fun at work and scare the kids. They weren't looking forward to the storm, even less so when I was done.

Told them the wind would blow away their eyebrows and they fell for it. A girl told her mother, which made me laugh like a luntatic.

• Like 3

It wasn't a force 11 storm, but we did have enough gusting wind last night to knock out the power around 930pm. Got pretty bangbang noisy at times...I was envisioning people's Halloween lawn deco flying around from yard to yard...

Didn't feel like reading by candlelight or staring at a wall, so I/we went to bed. 

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So the crazy storm hit Copenhagen full force as well.. unfortunately I live on the top floor - they were doing construction on our roof and periodically I can hear heavy things fall down.. The roof is not that sturdy. :/

Fortune favors the bald.

Coworker is leaving the country for good, drinks tomorrow - will be interesting to see how many of the married devs beg permission to stay out after 6 :lol:. Moreso as he's more significant than the support untermensch like us that have been resigning of late.

Also, ribbing the coworker with a "Oh geez, thought you'd never leave!" resulted in so many missing the joke (he and I mock each other often in fun).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not been the best of days. Lots of up and down the stairs, dogs barking, cat caterwauling, doorbell going, a bucket load of telemarketers on the phone, and family being passive aggressive to each other which I'm trying to just not get involved in.

Nothing that I've been reading/researching has really stuck in my head today, I think I need to come up with a definite plan of action and proceed, stumbling along rather then get a good working knowledge first.

Came home from work in a storm. Reading now that a Class 3 warning is issued. Thanks a lot, Not So Great Britain! All trains are cancelled and it was dark as night at 3pm. I hate the fall.

Decided to have some fun at work and scare the kids. They weren't looking forward to the storm, even less so when I was done.

Told them the wind would blow away their eyebrows and they fell for it. A girl told her mother, which made me laugh like a luntatic.

You evil, evil man.

I love that. :D

Nothing near me so far, I've been waiting for it and it's only been a little bit of rain and some light breeze. No actual winds yet, at all.

It just started here now, but not to bad yet. I'll probably be sleeping before it starts proper. I've made a decision to stay away from the news media for an undeterminable amount of time (Retaining my sanity and not popping another nosebleed) so I have no clue how it's affected people.

I thought this thread was for Obsidian Realtors...

I think I'm going to be trimming my cat's claws soon.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Feeling sick so I'm skipping lecture. Going to drink some tea and take a rest.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

When I read "I'm going to drink...", I was expecting something other than tea.

Fair enough.

Tea with rum?

Don't be ridiculous. Gin.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands