Hoops 13-14

Leferd

All of the evening games were snooze fests.  Not one was closer than 10 pts at the half or 17 pts at the end.  

That actually worked out well for me.  They got the exciting games out of the way earlier, then with all the late games being blowouts I didn't feel compelled to stay up and watch them, meaning I don't have to be a zombie at work today.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well, Indiana will win the RS East. We'll see if they can live up toe xpectations in the playoffs since it seems everyone thinks they're better than MIA. L0L

As for SA, good on them, but RS success is menaingless. No championship means they failed. I'll talk about them when they actually beat OKC in playoffs.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm watching the Dayton - Stanford game right now. All of the sudden I'm a huge Dayton fan. I love this wide open passing game they play. This game reminds me of everything that's great about college ball and bad about the NBA. Of course, in the NBA the players are MUCH better and if you tried this razzle dazzle passing stuff you'd just end up watching them take the ball away from you and stuff it on the other end.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Dayton is thoroughly entertaining to watch.  The good news is that they'll be moving on so we get to see them at least once more.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Hey 64 teams started this, every one of them but one will lose their last game. But it would be cool if the Flyers somehow got by the Gators. If UCLA somehow pulls off a miracle in the next game the Fyers will have a fighting chance.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm thoroughly impressed by the Sixers' EPIC 26 game losing streak.  They're scrapping with Milwaukee for that coveted bottom spot.  The best part is that there's not even a surefire superstar in the coming draft.  There's no LeBron or KD or CP3.  The draft is deep and there's probably over a dozen quality starters, but most likely not a franchise player.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

It sucks that I'm going to have to root against the Cyclones tonight, because Fred Hoiberg is so likable.  I can't root against the Huskies, though.  Go UCONN!

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yes!  Verne Lundquist and Bill Raftery are doing the UCONN/Iowa St. game.  Onions!

Edit:  Yes, we get Allie LaForce for this game too.  They brought out the A team for this one.

:biggrin:

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

UCONN up by 10 at the half and looking very impressive.  Lots of basketball left to play, though, so I'm not feeling comfortable.  The Cyclones are very capable of going on a big run.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

UCONN up by 10 at the half and looking very impressive.  Lots of basketball left to play, though, so I'm not feeling comfortable.  The Cyclones are very capable of going on a big run.

Seems like we (IA State) are rushing things to much and not properly doing plays. There seems to always be a lot of blue at the rebounds.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Seems like we (IA State) are rushing things to much and not properly doing plays. There seems to always be a lot of blue at the rebounds.

UCONN came out ON FIRE shooting the ball, then cooled off a bit, I can't expect them to keep shooting lights out.  It's really the defense that's the key to UCONN's game, though.  The Huskies have been rebounding well and blocking or disrupting tons of shots.  If UCONN can keep that up I feel good about our chances.  Hoiberg's a good coach, though, he'll make adjustments.

I really hate I have to root against the Cyclones.  I wish they were playing someone else so I could be cheering them.  Iowa St. caught 2 bad breaks, the first being losing Niang, the second in running into a UCONN team seeded 7 when they're really a 4 or 5 seed team.  Had UCONN been seeded properly they wouldn't be playing the Cyclones right now.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

What's really odd is that IA State is at 1/4th of their total average points (a little less than that actually) for an entire game.

UCONN up by 17 with 14 minutes to go.  It's not over, but it's looking really good for the Huskies.  That's a really big deficit to overcome for the Cyclones.

Edit: Iowa St. made a push and got it back to 10 really quickly, but they desperately needed to get it to single digits by about the 10 minute to go mark and just could never get past being down 10.  Now the Huskies have pushed it back up to a 14 point lead with less than 8 minutes to go.  The game is nearly over.  It would take a monster run from the Cyclones to claw their way back into it now.

Edit 2: Cyclones got it down to 7 with 4 1/2 left.  Not over yet.  The problem for Iowa St. is that UCONN is now in the bonus and they're a good free throw shooting team.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

got to 5 at the 30 second mark.

And that's the game... They finally learned how to shoot again at the end of the game.

Edited by Calax

Props to the Cyclones for getting back into it, they figured out the UCONN D toward the end.  Unfortunately for them, they dug such a deep hole for themselves that it was simply too late by then.  It got to the point that Iowa St. was forced to play the fouling game, and it was clear they didn't want to, Fred Hoiberd is a smart guy, he knows that's a losing game.  UCONN is just much too good a free throw shooting team.  The Huskies went 17 for 18 from the stripe down the stretch.  It's funny how often free throw shooting gets overlooked and how often it decides games.

This "#7" seed is headed to the Elite 8, where they always belonged as one of the best 20 teams in the country.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Aaaarg, it's so hard to choose which game to watch.  Both the Louisville/Kentucky and Virginia/Mich St. games are hella exciting.  Damn you NCAA for scheduling two really entertaining games at the same time.  Damn youuuuuuuuuuu!!!

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

It's midnight Cinderella. Too bad. Dayton did one thing wrong IMO. They forgot that one 2 point shot made is better than a hundred 3 point shots missed. Oh well, with no team to really get behind now I'm just a impartial spectator again.

Thomas Sowell

It's midnight Cinderella. Too bad. Dayton did one thing wrong IMO. They forgot that one 2 point shot made is better than a hundred 3 point shots missed. Oh well, with no team to really get behind now I'm just a impartial spectator again.

Plus, Florida obliterated Dayton on the offensive boards.  The amount of second, third, and fourth opportunities the Gators were getting, particularly down the stretch, was staggering.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸