Hoops 13-14

Leferd

13th is good. And, a DPOY is a player who plays geat defense which is what Hoqward does. It says a lot that he magically stopped winning that award after all the crying over the Orlando situation.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Howard can be an elite defender but he is not the best, nor is he among the top four for his position.

Joakim Noah, Andrew Bogut, Marc Gasol, and Roy Hibbert are clearly better this year. Below them are Tim Duncan, Howard, and DeAndre Jordan.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Ugh.  I wish the Thunder would fire Scotty Brooks and get a real coach.  Seriously, he's had Durant play for 40 minutes today and the game is not over yet.  This game is essentially meaningless and Durant has been playing 38.4 minutes per game this year.  Earlier in the year leaning this heavily on Durant was a necessity, since Westbrook was out and they needed to scratch and claw to get one of the top seeds in the West, but why the **** would you play Durant this many minutes in a game that means nothing.  The Thunder can't get the 1 seed, and while they have not mathematically locked up the 2 seed yet, for all intensive purposes they have.  Their 2 remaining games are the Pelicans and Sixers.  All they need is 1 win or 1 Clips loss.  They should beat the Pelicans with Durant only playing half the game, heck, they could beat the Sixers without playing Durant at all.  I get Durant is only 25 and an alien mutant from another planet, but you can still run the guy into the ground.  What the ****, Scotty Brooks?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm not saying don't play Durant at all, but why the heck would you play him 42 minutes in a essentially meaningless game?  Play him for 20 or 25 minutes or something.  The Thunder needed 1 win in their last 3 games to assure themselves the 2 seed.  The 3 remaining games:  Indiana, New Orleans, Detroit.  Why would you go all out to win the Indiana game (which they lost anyway) when the New Orleans game should be much easier and the Detroit game should be a breeze?  Not to mention, if the Clips lose even once then the Thunder don't need to win any games.  It doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

"I'm not saying don't play Durant at all, but why the heck would you play him 42 minutes in a essentially meaningless game?"

Meaningless game. That's the definition of a cowardly, unsportsmanlike, wussy, and uncompetitive person. You are supposed to play to win.  He should be allowed to play as much as he is physically able to.  There is no 'meaningless' game. That's garbage talk.

And, bringing up SA is epic fail. Different team, different coach, different players, different situation.

Edited by Volourn

"I'm not saying don't play Durant at all, but why the heck would you play him 42 minutes in a essentially meaningless game?"

Meaningless game. That's the definition of a cowardly, unsportsmanlike, wussy, and uncompetitive person. You are supposed to play to win.  He should be allowed to play as much as he is physically able to.  There is no 'meaningless' game. That's garbage talk.

And, bringing up SA is epic fail. Different team, different coach, different players, different situation.

WASHINGTON -- Miami Heat forwards LeBron James and Chris Bosh will sit out of Monday's game against the Washington Wizards for rest.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/10782556/lebron-james-chris-bosh-miami-heat-sit-washington-wizards

LeBron, Bosh, and the Heat.  Such they're such cowards, so unsportsmanlike, such wusses, and so uncompetitive.  They should be playing as much as they're physically able to.

;)

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I agree Volo, your post was an EPIC FAIL.  All I did was apply your own faulty logic to the Miami Heat resting LeBron and Bosh, so if my post was a fail, then, your own post must also be a fail since it uses the exact same logic.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"I agree Volo, your post was an EPIC FAIL.  All I did was apply your own faulty logic to the Miami Heat resting LeBron and Bosh, so if my post was a fail, then, your own post must also be a fail since it uses the exact same logic."

Nope. Because you obviously didn't read my post just what you think I wrote.

\P.S. Whether or not MIA wins their 3rd straight title will have NOTHING to do with the fact they rested 2 of their players in Game 81. FACT.

Edited by Volourn

Dance your dance and backtrack and twist your own words any way you like Volo, we all see right through it.  But, by all means, write in all caps, italics, throw out supposedly trendy insult phrases.  It totally makes you look intelligent.

In NBA news, Miami got smoked by the Wizards without 2 of the 3 big 3 and OKC lost to New Orleans when Durant gassed in the 4th quarter.  Scotty Brooks' "brilliant" strategy of running his franchise player into the ground just in time for the playoffs at work, ladies and gentlemen.  I've seen a couple of times this year both LeBron and Durant run out of gas late in games.  These guys are freak athletes, but they're not invincible.  At least Miami will get to coast through the 1st round and recover, and maybe the second, unless they wind up playing Brooklyn, whom they'll beat, but the Nets will likely push them to a game 6.  OKC won't have any such luxury.

Sometimes I think the best thing for OKC that could happen would be to get swept in round 1 so that maybe that would get the owner to fire Scotty Brooks and get a real coach who knows what he's doing.  Scotty Brooks is a good positive attitude guy, but he's terrible at game management, clock management, very rarely changes his lineups to take advantage of the other team's strengths and weaknesses (seriously, I get playing Perkins against teams that like to play big, but why in the world does he play so many minutes against athletic teams that play small?  It makes no sense), runs no set plays whatsoever for the half court offense (it's a testament to the ludicrous abilities of Westbrook and Durant that they win as many games as they do playing essentially pickup basketball).  OKC wins 55-60 games a year in spite of Scotty Brooks, not because of him.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Dance your dance and backtrack and twist your own words any way you like Volo, we all see right through it.  But, by all means, write in all caps, italics, throw out supposedly trendy insult phrases.  It totally makes you look intelligent.

In NBA news, Miami got smoked by the Wizards without 2 of the 3 big 3 and OKC lost to New Orleans when Durant gassed in the 4th quarter.  Scotty Brooks' "brilliant" strategy of running his franchise player into the ground just in time for the playoffs at work, ladies and gentlemen.  I've seen a couple of times this year both LeBron and Durant run out of gas late in games.  These guys are freak athletes, but they're not invincible.  At least Miami will get to coast through the 1st round and recover, and maybe the second, unless they wind up playing Brooklyn, whom they'll beat, but the Nets will likely push them to a game 6.  OKC won't have any such luxury.

Sometimes I think the best thing for OKC that could happen would be to get swept in round 1 so that maybe that would get the owner to fire Scotty Brooks and get a real coach who knows what he's doing.  Scotty Brooks is a good positive attitude guy, but he's terrible at game management, clock management, very rarely changes his lineups to take advantage of the other team's strengths and weaknesses (seriously, I get playing Perkins against teams that like to play big, but why in the world does he play so many minutes against athletic teams that play small?  It makes no sense), runs no set plays whatsoever for the half court offense (it's a testament to the ludicrous abilities of Westbrook and Durant that they win as many games as they do playing essentially pickup basketball).  OKC wins 55-60 games a year in spite of Scotty Brooks, not because of him.

Yeah. I never brought it up before and kept my mouth shut, but OKC's offensive sets are aesthetically ugly to watch.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

Yeah. I never brought it up before and kept my mouth shut, but OKC's offensive sets are aesthetically ugly to watch.

They don't really run any sort of offensive system whatsoever.  Back in the day Jerry Sloan ran the pick and roll with Stockton and Malone.  Phil Jackson ran the triangle.  Gregg Popovich's current system runs so many screens that it may make your brain bleed trying to keep up with it.  OKC's offense is Westbrook or Durant bringing the ball up the court while the other 3 guys stand around with their hands in their pockets.  They rarely run pick and rolls, they barely screen, it's playground basketball.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The Grizz get the 8th seed! I'll take it!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I don't really have expectations for the Warriors without Bogut.  I mean I'd love for them to get hot and move forward, but without his defensive presence, they are going to struggle.  That might be for the best, actually, since I think expectations were too high for this young team in the 6th seed.  They've got health issues with both of their big men, Curry is really only in his second healthy season, and Klay Thompson is an erratic scorer.  Throw in the coaching issues, and I'd say it is healthy to just be happy that they made the playoffs.

Bogut's loss will hurt but won't be catastrophic. It'll allow Golden State to play small ball to good effect. They can still take out the Clippers (assuming that's going to be the first round matchup). We'll see after that.

Preseason games start today!

The Golden State Warriors are 7:1 against to take the Western Conference. Over/Under is 49.5.

I'll take them odds!

Beat the Over/Under. Now all they need to do is win the West and I'm set.

The Clippers/Warriors series should be fun to watch.  That, to me, seems like the most fun of the 1st round series.  At least, on paper.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The Clippers/Warriors series should be fun to watch.  That, to me, seems like the most fun of the 1st round series.  At least, on paper.

It's pretty shocking how there is a NorCal versus SoCal in both Hockey and Basketball, and they both are extremely well matched.