Hoops 13-14

Leferd

Preseason games start today!

The Golden State Warriors are 7:1 against to take the Western Conference. Over/Under is 49.5.

I'll take them odds!

• Like 6

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I'm not sure about how or why Denver decided to blow everything up...considering they had their most successful regular season ever. First they let the Executive of the Year go to Toronto. Then they sacked the Coach of the Year, then they let their best player -whom they traded for the previous year, walk to the team that eliminated them.

• Like 3

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

I think I mentioned this is the Lebron thread but I'm really pleased with how international the game has become and after watching the coverage of Rockets and Pacers preseason game in the Philippines I'm impressed.

It reminded me of when I was last in Mexico and I was in a tour group to heading to one of the pyramids, Coba I think. We passed through a few little villages and they all had decent and fairly newish outdoor courts. I asked the tour guide about it and she said that the government came and built them instead of goals for soccer but didn't know why since the Mayans, of which she was one, were not a tall people but that the people ended up really enjoying them.

• Like 3

Free games updated 3/4/21

The Grizzlies are bringing back their starting 5 with a few modest free agent pick ups. I'm expecting a winning record but a deep playoff run seems like a long shot. But, please... please... no Heat this year!

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Grizzlies are a strong team; tight D and the Rudy Gay trade was a gutsy but very smart move. Hate the way they play though and it was fun seeing the John Hollinger - Lionel Hollins feud played out. Lols.

• Like 2

The will only go as far as Gasol, Randolf, & Miller can take them. And those guys are not young. Injuries will dictate how the season plays out since they don't have a deep bench. But if they stay relatively healthy they'll make some noise. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

• 2 weeks later...

Sixers pummel the Heat! Hahahahaha!

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

The sixers got on them 19-0 to start and the Heat never led. The score made it look close but the highlights on ESPN didn't.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

"I think it is, I mean considering the teams that were playing

Was a good game either way"

Could be consideeed an 'upset'; but not 'pummel'. Leanr the defintions.

"The sixers got on them 19-0 to start and the Heat never led. The score made it look close but the highlights on ESPN didn't."

L0L ESPN L0L  The game was a 2 basket difference. NOT A POMMELING.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Because the internet is on the mutha******, the New Orleans Pelican is already a meme.  Here are a few of the highlights:

The-Shining-Pierre.gif

The-Last-Supper.jpg

Alien-Pierre.jpg

Bane.jpg

Source: http://www.uproxx.com/sports/2013/10/expected-internet-field-day-debut-new-orleans-pelicans-mascot/

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Michael Carter-Williams is ruining Philly's master plan! First the Heat, then Chicago and now they are 3-0.

Enders Wiggins and Dante Exum are slipping away...

Absolutely Bonkers.

• Like 2

Holy ****, Russell Westbrook came back and started today.  He was supposed to miss 6 weeks.  Did he go to Germany and visit the same doctor Kobe goes to or something?  :o

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yeah, the Celtics screwed up a bit last night by winning (the Jazz had a quarter where they scored 8 points.  8 points!), but they're still in good shape.  If there's ever a year to bottom out, this is it, as the next draft is being projected to be the best in some 20 years.  There's no point in the Celtics scratching and clawing just so they can be a 35 win team.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸