The NFL 2013 Thread

Keyrock

Brady and the Pats choke again! When are they gonna win again!?!

Also, in the playoffs, Brady and Manning are even at 2-2 so all things are equal since we know RS doesn't matter. RIGHT, DAN MARINO, RIGHT!?!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Richard Sherman gives spectacular interviews.

He sure does.  Stay classy, Richard.  That was pretty hilarious.  What an awesome and exciting game and what a crazy way for it to end.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Krappy chokes again!

Wilson will need to play like he did in 2nd half if Seattle wants to beat Denver.

Seahawks will have to prove they don't need the '12th man' to win games.

I'm just glad SF gets stuck being a bridesmaid yet again. HAHAHA!

I want to Denver to win for Peyton but I could live with a SEA win. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

How do you like that, you cause a turnover, come up with the ball, your own man pushes your opponent sideways onto your knee, twisting it like a twizzler, you land on the ground still clutching your takeaway, and the ref says it never happened.  

All Stop. On Screen.

How do you like that, you cause a turnover, come up with the ball, your own man pushes your opponent sideways onto your knee, twisting it like a twizzler, you land on the ground still clutching your takeaway, and the ref says it never happened.  

That was a horrific call.  Ironically it wound up benefiting the Niners.  Doesn't change how bad a call it was, though.

I'm still cracking up about Richard Sherman's pro-wrestling style promo he cut after the game.  The guy is definitely an a-hole, but he's also really good.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The only one that really bothered me was the punter one.  Andy Lee gets nailed in the ankle of his plant leg, and they call a 5 yard penalty instead of roughing the kicker.  Now you have an injured kicker who can't even punt it again to take advantage of that, when it should have been 15 yards and a new set of downs.  That was a pretty critical moment.

Bowman sacrificed his leg to make that fumble recovery.  It was a good thing karma evened it out on the next play, a Seattle touchdown would have been a huge bone of contention.  As is, SF had a couple chances to drive it down, but they came up short.  I'm bummed, but I'm glad it was a good game

I'll be rooting for Marshawn Lynch in the Superbowl, that guy is awesome. 

Here's a youtube clip of the Richard Sharman interview:

Best.  Interview.  Ever. JC_clap.gif

Edit:  I take that back.  The Bart Scott "Can't wait" interview is still the best postgame interview ever. 

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

sherman1.jpg

That picture doesn't do justice to how spectacular that play was, but I couldn't find a gif showing him twisting around in mid-air.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

So there were reports and witnesses (Gre Rosenthal of NFL.com) saying Seattle fans were throwing food at Navarro Bowman as he was being carted off thee field int the locker room.

https://twitter.com/greggrosenthal/status/425091656350580736

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

So there were reports and witnesses (Gre Rosenthal of NFL.com) saying Seattle fans were throwing food at Navarro Bowman as he was being carted off thee field int the locker room.

https://twitter.com/greggrosenthal/status/425091656350580736

That's messed up.  I like the C-Hox being a heel team, the NFL needs a few of those, but tossing food at an injured player is pretty low.

On a more fun note, here's the C o c k y Pete Strut with added tophat, monocle, and cane:

ku-xlarge.gif

I don't know who made this, but I'd like to shake their hand.  :biggrin:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Sherman's response: http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/20/richard-sherman-interview-michael-crabtree/

To be fair to Crabtree, I think it was quite disingenuous to portray Sherman's attempt to shake Crabtree's hand as anything but condescending.

He played for Harbaugh at Stanford too.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

Sherman's response: http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/20/richard-sherman-interview-michael-crabtree/

To be fair to Crabtree, I think it was quite disingenuous to portray Sherman's attempt to shake Crabtree's hand as anything but condescending.

The handshake attempt was most definitely disingenuous.  Richard Sherman is a pro-wrestling style heel, which is something I definitely approve of.  Jake "The Snake" Roberts even offered to help him with his heel promos:

https://twitter.com/JakeSnakeDDT/status/425104952499773440

:biggrin:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yeah, I hate Stanford.  It's really the one university/team I have complete disdain for.  

Man, I almost forgot about this one:

Richard Sherman is a media goldmine. Only appropriate that it was with Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith: The McLaughlin Group of "expert" sports punditry.

"I am better at life than you"

Lols.

• Like 1

Yeah, I hate Stanford.  It's really the one university/team I have complete disdain for.  

Not quite sure why; it's an outstanding educational institution and I respect their sports teams. (I went to the UW.)

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Not quite sure why; it's an outstanding educational institution and I respect their sports teams. (I went to the UW.)

I went to San Jose State.  I've had a lot of bad experiences with Stanford in general.  When I went to SJSU, we actually beat them 3 out of the 4 years I was there, so I was always pretty annoyed about the media coverage they got, which was way more than my school.  Plus I had a cousin who went there and I had to listen to everyone talk about that.  Puleeze, I'm making the same amount of money with my State degree and it cost me a heck of a lot less.  That's the rub I guess, the Bay Area has a lot of great universities with competitive programs, but Stanford gets the lion's share of the attention. 

T2eC16hQFIcbYihNYBScEv5UDCw60_57_zpsb8f0

Teams from states that have legalized recreational marijuana have a 100% success rate of going to the Superbowl.  This cannot be denied, it's science!

As an aside, I'm partial to Smoke-A-Bowl as the name for this year's Superbowl.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸