The NFL 2013 Thread

Keyrock

Woke up at six AM to watch the end of the game, saw the score 7-34, went back to bed.

Caught the first 10 minutes or so while having breakfast, and Seattle were creepy good. Well, could be worse, Seahawks (and the 'niners) are my backup teams to support, anyway. ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Russell Wilson is really good.  Really really really good.  The sample size on his career is large enough now that it's pretty clear the Seahawks struck gold when they drafted him, and in the 3rd round, no less.  He's a legitimate franchise quarterback, borderline top 5 in the league already.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm halfway through and this is downright painful. Saints didn't come unglued as bad as against jets, but the opposition was in another class as well...

I'm halfway through and this is downright painful. Saints didn't come unglued as bad as against jets, but the opposition was in another class as well...

I missed the game. You don't win a lot of games with 188 yards of total offense. Saints got pwned.

I missed the game. You don't win a lot of games with 188 yards of total offense. Saints got pwned.

Indeed, it was definitely a case of the Seahawks winning the game as opposed to the Saints losing - unlike the Jets game.

So do all you yahoos still foolishly believe that Seattle is 'unbeatable'? L0LZ

Remind me who exactly said Seattle was "unbeatable"?  Not to mention that they already had a loss on their record before this.  I said they were nearly unbeatable at home, and that still stands.  They haven't lost a home game since December 2011.  

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

This entire thread is littered with 'OMG! Seattle is so much more awesome than all the other great NFL teams." nonsensical posts. They aren't. They are great and capable of winning it all but they are not unbeatable. No matter how much Hurlshot trolls.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I said they were nearly unbeatable at home, and that still stands.  They haven't lost a home game since December 2011.  

True.  The Seahawks have won 14 straight at home.  Last loss at home was December 24, 2011 to San Francisco 19-17. 

In other news, the next Giants loss (or Eagles victory)  eliminates the Giants from the playoffs.   Want to guess to who the Giants play next?  LOL

Edited by kgambit

This entire thread is littered with 'OMG! Seattle is so much more awesome than all the other great NFL teams." nonsensical posts. They aren't. They are great and capable of winning it all but they are not unbeatable. No matter how much Hurlshot trolls.

I don't mean to upset you Volourn.  I understand that on many other websites people talk smack about sports and throw around insults.  That's just not the way the majority of posters conduct themselves here.  There is more casual observations and polite discourse.

• Like 2

• Really? Youa re that offended by the word 'yahoos'? My apologies. I've been called way worse by you and your buddies. L0L Let's talk about football instead and the overrated Seattle team who have already been crowned champions by obsidian.net,

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I swear they said the Giants are already kaput. Maybe there was a second condition not met, and maybe I couldn't hear very well in the din of San Diego's likely final victory of the season  ;(, but I thought Fox said NYG were eliminated already. 

All Stop. On Screen.

I swear they said the Giants are already kaput. Maybe there was a second condition not met, and maybe I couldn't hear very well in the din of San Diego's likely final victory of the season  ;(, but I thought Fox said NYG were eliminated already. 

They are eliminated.

Cowboys got embarrassed by the Bears tonight.  Dallas' defense is atrocious.  I guess the good news is that I'll likely not have to wait until the final week of the season for the cowboys to get eliminated from the playoffs.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

They are eliminated.

You're right.  It must have been on the tie-breakers. 

Edited by kgambit

I want to block everyone on my twitter right now. Everyone. Single. Person. All those people who calls themselves a cowboy fan and dares to blame Tony for this loss is an ignorant follower of the crowd that likes to blame Romo for everything under the kitchen sink. These people shouldn't be allowed to shop for the cowboy gear on nflshop.com. There should be a system in place that recognizes these select individuals and denies them the privilege to buy their favorite cowboy gear.

I'm sorry, I am at work right now and my twitter and the espn comments section is laughable.  :grin:

This defense is on pace to set records you don't want to have as a defense. They gave up 490 yards for the fifth time this year. The team behind the cowboys only gave up that many yards twice. And I also believe this is the second time the defense didn't force a punt for the entire game (NO was the other game). The bears scored on every possession they had, including the last possession where they kicked a field goal. 

And yet, Romo gets blamed. I know the QB gets blamed and praised for everything in this league but this is laughable.

Edited by Inyourprime
  • Like 1

I want to block everyone on my twitter right now. Everyone. Single. Person. All those people who calls themselves a cowboy fan and dares to blame Tony for this loss is an ignorant follower of the crowd that likes to blame Romo for everything under the kitchen sink. These people shouldn't be allowed to shop for the cowboy gear on nflshop.com. There should be a system in place that recognizes these select individuals and denies them the privilege ability to buy their favorite cowboy gear.

I'm sorry, I am at work right now and my twitter and the espn comments section is laughable.  :grin:

This defense is on pace to set records you don't want to have as a defense. They gave up 490 yards for the fifth time this year. The team behind the cowboys only gave up that many yards twice. And I also believe this is the second time the defense didn't force a punt for the entire game (NO was the other game). The bears scored on every possession they had, including the last possession where they kicked a field goal. 

And yet, Romo gets blamed. I know the QB gets blamed and praised for everything in this league but this is laughable.

Agreed.  This was definitely not Romo's fault.  The Cowboys defense is historically bad.  As a Cowboys fan the only solace I have is that at least they're not the Washington Racial Slurs, because, holy smokes that situation is terrible.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

As a Cowboys fan the only solace I have is that at least they're not the Washington Racial Slurs, because, holy smokes that situation is terrible.

The situation with RGIII has been a total train-wreck. 

Second place goes to the Texans who went from playoff team to a stinking pile of excrement.   I'm half expecting the Texans to screw up the end of the season and blow a chance at the #1 overall pick just to make this years ****-up complete.  :)

• Like 1

As a Cowboys fan the only solace I have is that at least they're not the Washington Racial Slurs, because, holy smokes that situation is terrible.

The cherry on top is that they don't have a first round pick in next year's draft.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The cherry on top is that they don't have a first round pick in next year's draft.

And we have a winner .....  lol

I want to block everyone on my twitter right now. Everyone. Single. Person. All those people who calls themselves a cowboy fan and dares to blame Tony for this loss is an ignorant follower of the crowd that likes to blame Romo for everything under the kitchen sink. These people shouldn't be allowed to shop for the cowboy gear on nflshop.com. There should be a system in place that recognizes these select individuals and denies them the privilege ability to buy their favorite cowboy gear.

I'm sorry, I am at work right now and my twitter and the espn comments section is laughable. :grin:

Agreed. This was definitely not Romo's fault. The Cowboys defense is historically bad. As a Cowboys fan the only solace I have is that at least they're not the Washington Racial Slurs, because, holy smokes that situation is terrible.
There's a second irony with the 'skins having Cousins keeping the bench warm that all the other nosediving teams lack. Edited by Nepenthe