What you having for dinner tonight?

BruceVC

My outstanding friend and his inimitable wife took me out for sushi and sake at Harney in Oceanside. Had a super-delicious slightly-crispy miso roll with a bit of cream cheese ... zomg

And again with the cold, unfiltered sake ... delicious, a little ricey, but doesn't dry out your mouth like beer and drinktails do. Plus it feels like you can drink it and drink it and never get out-of-control plowed. Camila had a trio of oyster sliders ... they looked positively revolting ... but she enjoyed them, so that's all that matters. Now I'm gonna have some Hostess Ding Dongs to go with all the healthy fish and rice.  :w00t:

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

This evening I will be mostly eating a cheese and onion sandwich.

How do you make this sandwich? Are the onions raw and what cheese do you normally use?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

This evening I will be mostly eating a cheese and onion sandwich.

How do you make this sandwich? Are the onions raw and what cheese do you normally use?

Raw sliced onion, across the rings ( so to speak). White bread. Cheddar or red leicester.

It's an old classic, and obviously a bit whiffy. But quite delicious.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

roast chicken breast, with baked bacon slices, home made bread sauce, honey glazed carrots, diced roast potatoes, salted sprouts, some broccoli, and some caramelised onion chutney...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Had pasta with chillis, red leicester, anchovies, fresh spinach, and leek for lunch today. Retained the pan  from the sauce for the toasty crispy goodness on the bottom.

Dinner was broccoli soup cooked in the same pan, a little wensleydale to give body and a creamy colour, beef stock cube. Easy. Delicious. I will be farting like a champion later, though.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That, my boy, is the chief virtue of roasting meat. To have leftovers. Particularly pork belly, which stretches nearly as far as roast chicken, if you are sparing.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Tonight I had Tomato soup with toast and Bovril, simple but tasty and healthy :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The worst... no.. the absolute worst Chinese take out you've ever tasted. If you ever go into a chinese take out joint and there are no Asian folks working there, just turn around and leave! I don't know why it matters, but it does.

It might be a long night tonight....

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Tonight I had Tomato soup with toast and Bovril, simple but tasty and healthy :)

Nice!

I had to look up Bovril

I'm working really late so I ordered a sandwich from Jimmy John's

Interesting, I assumed you got Bovril in the USA.

Its absolutely delicious, sometimes its best just to have in on  toast with loads of butter.

John Milton 

The worst... no.. the absolute worst Chinese take out you've ever tasted. If you ever go into a chinese take out joint and there are no Asian folks working there, just turn around and leave! I don't know why it matters, but it does.

:biggrin: I tend to follow that eating etiquette as well. For example don't go to good seafood restaurant and expect killer spare ribs.

John Milton 

Nice!

I had to look up Bovril

I'm working really late so I ordered a sandwich from Jimmy John's

Interesting, I assumed you got Bovril in the USA.

Its absolutely delicious, sometimes its best just to have in on  toast with loads of butter.

Nope, but I'm learning all the things you guys eat like bovril, vegemite, and marmite

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Fresh spinach scrambled with free-range eggs, served over buttered wholegrain toast. Black coffee.

I'll not turn my back on alcohol, but a break from it seems to be doing me a power of good.

-Elwood Blues

Fresh spinach scrambled with free-range eggs, served over buttered wholegrain toast. Black coffee.

I'll not turn my back on alcohol, but a break from it seems to be doing me a power of good.

For the love of god and country Walsie don't stop drinking, it gives you real purpose and identity and that's something some people  never achieve there whole lives :w00t:

John Milton 

For the love of god and country Walsie don't stop drinking, it gives you real purpose and identity and that's something some people  never achieve there whole lives :w00t:

I would like to think that my character comes from more than oak casks and crushed fruit. :skeptical:

-Elwood Blues

I would like to think that my character comes from more than oak casks and crushed fruit. :skeptical:

Maybe? But does it make a difference ...your character is  what people perceive it to be ...so what if alcohol is what defines you?

(I'm just teasing you Walsie, I'm very confidant you are person of great integrity and personality in RL, its Friday ..allow me a little badinage :) )

John Milton 

:biggrin: I tend to follow that eating etiquette as well. For example don't go to good seafood restaurant and expect killer spare ribs.

Wouldn't the correct analogy to Guard Dog's situation with a seafood restaurant be "If you ever go into a seafood take out joint and there are no seafood working there, just turn around and leave"?

A spare rib analogy would be "Don't go into a BBQ Rib joint if there are no pigs there".

:wowey:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I prefer to think of my character as illuminated by good ale, the way a Reubens might be illuminated by a long window in pale sunshine.

-Elwood Blues

Brisket, smoked ham, and sausage with cole slaw, jalapeno cheese biscuits, baked beans, and a brownie. Washing it down with lemonade.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Wouldn't the correct analogy to Guard Dog's situation with a seafood restaurant be "If you ever go into a seafood take out joint and there are no seafood working there, just turn around and leave"?

A spare rib analogy would be "Don't go into a BBQ Rib joint if there are no pigs there".

:wowey:

That only makes sense if the Chinese take-out food you want is made of Asian people. 

The correlary I swear by is:  Never order a "Philly Cheesesteak" from somebody who can't give you directions from 30th Street Station to the Walt Whitman Bridge without looking at a map. 

(Alternate tests of Philly authenticity:  Sing the Action News theme song; Spell "Schuylkill")

I didn't mention eating the seafood - I said they were working there.  Sea Bass at the counter, spearfish at the grill, etc.

Bruce's analogy applied to Guard Dog's theorem would be "Don't go into a Chinese restaurant if they sell kielbasa."

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Finely diced red cabbage, chicken stock, a small number of caraway seeds. Soup.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues