What you having for dinner tonight?

BruceVC

Chicken and cottage cheese enchiladas

Sounds like an abomination. Next time use quest blanco or asadero. Goes much better with the chili gravy.

Beef Enciladas, black refried beans, and a caesar salad.

The only abomination would be in using low-fat, small-curd instead of full-fat, whole-delicious cottage cheese.  

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

full fat and small curd

It actually got rave reviews

It's 4 parts cottage cheese 1 part sour cream and it's part of the filling with shredded chicken, diced onions, diced green chili, and a cheese mix. Smothered in red enchilada sauce and more cheese

I also prefer white corn tortillas to yellow corn

Free games updated 3/4/21

I'm going to be really snooty and suggest that if your chicken was cooked properly you wouldn't need cheese to make it taste more moist.

*hides*

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The wine and curry did the trick. I feel evil, yet curiously well disposed to everything. I will now go to sleep.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Baked trouts in white wine sauce, with olives, steamed potatoes (self-grown) and steamed parsnips (also self-grown).

Wheat beer would be really fitting to this but I have to lift weights today so no alcohol.  :getlost:

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

A bottle of Spanish shiraz.

Chicken stock gruel for lunch.

-Elwood Blues

Brown toast, butter, gentleman's relish, black coffee, apple.

-Elwood Blues

am making irish stew. 'course it ain't irish or stew. typically we would cube up some lamb, but as we don't have none, am gonna use ground chuck. and yes, am knowing that chuck is complete different, which is why we is not actually gonna do any stewing as ground chuck couldn't handle the braising. 

cut 1/2 green cabbage into 4 wedges. drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper... maybe some crushed mustard seed. roast wedges on foil-lined cookie/baking sheet in oven at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until edges o' cabbage is just starting to blacken and cabbage is tender. set aside cabbage.

brown 1lb chuck in a dutch oven, then remove to paper towel. slice 2C carrots and  dice 1-2 C onion. quarter or cube 4-5 small yukon gold potatoes. saute veggies for a five minutes. add 2T tomato paste and 2T each minced garlic and rosemary... cook a couple minutes till garlic is fragrant and paste darkens. add 1/3C flour and make sure veggie mixture gets coated. there is gonna be meat, vegetable, and flour browned and stuck to pot, so deglaze with 1C dark beer. add 4C beef stock and 1T each worcestershire and dijon mustard. bring to a low boil and cook til carrots and potatoes is tender. return meat to pot. squeeze in juice o' a lemon. salt & pepper to taste.

little more effort, but really worth it-- collect zest from lemon you squeezed. mince and add to stew. makes pleasantly tangy.

is bigish portions, so get big bowls. 1/4 stew in each bowl along with 1 cabbage wedge. add some fine chopped italian parsley... or don't. serve with crusty bread o' your choice.

as we said, is not genuine irish and is not stewed, but is ez and quickish. worchestershire, dark beer and dijon will add depth o' flavor you lose by not using lamb.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

By the sound of things Gromnir should try Iranian stews. Similar flavours at work.

-Elwood Blues

kimchi tacos

Explain a little more, please. Sprinkled on top? Stirred up into the other taco-filling ingredients?  I love kimchi/kimchee...never thought to use it on a taco. I have tossed it into scrambled eggs, tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sure thing

It's much bulgogi, pico de gallo, and lettuce topped with a kimchi slaw (pretty much just chopped up kimchi) and then drizzled with a sriracha cream sauce all on a corn tortilla

I used to eat the heck out of them when I lived in NYC but the Korean or Korean fusion food scene in Denver is pretty weak 

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Having already consumed my meat 'ration' for today (sausages) I'm going to eat some potatoes and kale with soy sauce.

In case anyone's wondering I have opted to reduce my meat eating, to economise, and also to see if it helps me lose weight. I'm also a bit curious to see what happens psychologically.

On a normal day I expect to eat roughly 250g of meat or fish.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

Chicken broth with green onion, the best thing to eat when you feel like ****.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Steam-fried the potatoes with onion, kale, black pepper, and sausage fat (secured earlier). Actually not at all bad.

For a side dish.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Sure thing

It's much bulgogi, pico de gallo, and lettuce topped with a kimchi slaw (pretty much just chopped up kimchi) and then drizzled with a sriracha cream sauce all on a corn tortilla

I used to eat the heck out of them when I lived in NYC but the Korean or Korean fusion food scene in Denver is pretty weak

That actually sounds pretty delish, and not weird to me at all. Hubby doesn't like kimchi tho, so I'll have to make it when he's not hungry/away. Which is fine, because it means more for me!
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Survived my mainly veggie dinner, but was hungry as all get out this morning.

Dreamed about Hitler. Side effects?

-Elwood Blues

Tonight I'm having Fish Fingers and Mash, simple but yummy. With loads of Tomato Sauce(Ketchup for our American friends)

I love Fish Fingers, it reminds me of pre-primary school and we always got that on Fridays for lunch :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela