What you did today

Rosbjerg

What kind of point is that, exactly ?

Okay that does sound serious but you don't know if it was poisoned unless you test the water properly. Maybe someone was just making a point that you shouldn't keep it locked?

You know, I hadn't thought of that, wells are kind of scarce up here and especially the stock farmers value water sources highly. But that does not give anybody the right to mess with my property, I maintain the cistern, I paid for it, its my property.

When I see someone messing with my water he better be a faster sprinter than me if he doesn't like wheelchairs.

I have seen it numerous times, people feel annoyed by what they feel is someone's unnecessary attempts to secure something that they feel doesn't need to be secure  so they break the security. They don't want to steal anything its more the principle. Its wrong but it happens

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

But the cistern must be in his yard so they had to violate his private property to cut the lock. Also, how would they even know it was there?

My theory is that whoever did this is the same entity that called his cell phone from his home phone when nobody was supposed to be in his home. I suggest he warm up his windpipe chopping hand.

Crazy is what I'm confronted with every single day.

Dude, step away from the mirror

:lol: Okay that was quite clever

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

My theory is that whoever did this is the same entity that called his cell phone from his home phone when nobody was supposed to be in his home. I suggest he warm up his windpipe chopping hand.

You mean....

history-channel-hd-aliens-thumb.jpg

Oh my god. OH MY GOD!

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Meanwhile, I've been testing my new pack... And it's so comfortable, it's amazing. Awesome lumbar support, I'm almost tempted to take it to work to make a point about my work chair. :D

I decided I'd support Finnish as much as I could, so I went with (the Canadian but Finnish owned) Arc'teryx. Cost me an arm and a leg, but seems to have been a good investment. Also have hiking boots on the way from another Finnish-owned company, Salomon.

Oh, and medically the immediate crisis seems to be over. Still have irregular heart beat, but the initial batch of tests were all clear. Probably need to have some stuff looked at more closely, but looks like I might be around to play Project Eternity after all ;)

• Like 6

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Oh, and medically the immediate crisis seems to be over. Still have irregular heart beat, but the initial batch of tests were all clear. Probably need to have some stuff looked at more closely, but looks like I might be around to play Project Eternity after all ;)

See? I told you that some good old luck helps big time.

You're welcome.

• Like 1

like I might be around to play Project Eternity after all ;)

Yaaaaaaaaaay, good news :dancing:

• Like 1

John Milton 

Well good to hear it's not an immediate problem, but I'm sure you're hoping to know what it is.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Thinking about it, I believe the main thing I'd have in my own small survival kit is a 10 pack of Bic lighters ... because trying to MacGyver a fire isn't something I'd be any good with. ;) I'd want other things too, of course, but ... yes, a lot of lighters.

Another nice day...which I'm currently wasting away watching some Little House on the Prairie episodes. I know I know...what a corny, sappy show. I don't care. I grew up on it and I still like it.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Going to enjoy the company of friends and large amounts of stout tonight.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Thinking about it, I believe the main thing I'd have in my own small survival kit is a 10 pack of Bic lighters ... because trying to MacGyver a fire isn't something I'd be any good with. ;) I'd want other things too, of course, but ... yes, a lot of lighters.

Another nice day...which I'm currently wasting away watching some Little House on the Prairie episodes. I know I know...what a corny, sappy show. I don't care. I grew up on it and I still like it.

I have a lighter in my backpack, but I'd never go without my trusty old military-grade magnesium stick. Its like a sparkler, and with some fuzzy old birchbark I have a fire in no time at all.    :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Good to hear you'll keep on living, Nepenthe.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Played a little BL2 w/the hubs...now trying to decide whether to try watching Frozen Ground or A Single Shot. Both small indie movies, both dark and gritty, both with actors that have a chance of carrying the movie. First is crime/serial killer w/Nick Cage in a role that appears to not be of the over the top arc he's been doing and the 2nd is a "found money gets you in trouble" plot that has Sam Rockwell and a minor role for William Macy. I trust Sam more than I trust Nick, but....

I have a lighter in my backpack, but I'd never go without my trusty old military-grade magnesium stick. Its like a sparkler, and with some fuzzy old birchbark I have a fire in no time at all.    :thumbsup:

Yeah I've seen Les Stroud (Survivorman) and others in shows use those. I'd probably carry one too. But I'd still rather have a pack of Bic lighters along as well. :lol: Then again, most places I'd camp wouldn't have much to easily burn (too damp), except in the thin pine forests up North or maybe in late Aug/Sept. So sushi for me!
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You take care of yourself Nep! Your chosen profession has a reputation of chewing people up with stress already.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I felt super tired a couple hours ago. But I failed to lie down. So now I'm wide awake, of course. Netflix to the rescue.

Side note: Not sure I like the Simpson's cat lady avatar. Not for subject matter (it does rather fit me), but because the colors aren't my thing. Plus it's not cute enough.

Accidentally opened some post for the previous owner of my house to discover they were about to lose their pension plan due to some technical issue. Would have been child's play to redirect the cash to on of my own accounts. Luckily for him I'm not a larcenous bastard. Spent three hours trying to track the bugger down. No joy.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've got the day off, so I'm going to work out and have something to drink.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

Immediately or hours? I'm not planning on drinking till at least 4 PM.

You know, working out has no effect on you when you drink alcohol afterwards. 

Then I would respectfully state that working out is an ****.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Immediately or hours? I'm not planning on drinking till at least 4 PM.

As far as I know the body starts to repair the muscle tissue damage and increases fiber thickness (overcompensating) immediately after the workout and keeps doing that for at least 24 up to 72 hours depending on the size of the muscle and workout intensity. Day and night. When you drink alcohol you dramatically dull the repairing and overcompensation efforts for several hours (depending on the amount of alcohol consumed you can sabotage the whole process) because alcohol sabotages the pituitary gland which is responsible for your hormones. And muscle growth depends on hormones and neurotransmitters. 

Thats why true alcoholics look old and have very thin bodies, the body cannot repair itself and can't grow/re-grow muscle tissue. 

• Like 1