What would you do if the game begins like this? :D

The ground shakes beneath you, You see a large chunk of the world torn from the ground into the sky, the part right next to the part you're standing on, it's frightening as hell. after the shaking stops you notice that you are standing in front of a floating mountain. To those familiar with the kickstarter endless paths image, they will instantly recognise it as such.

After the shaking ends the player finds himself surrounded and needing to flee the barrage of falling debris.

When you arrive at the nearest safe harbour, people ask you about what the hell happened, that's when the game starts.

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

the intro could be like this...

You a young farm boy shepherding sheep's at night to protect them from wolfs or other kind of beast you look at the night sky at the stars while playing a lute

Suddenly you see a falling star in the shadowy night right after followed by others of it kind one of the star fall ne'er you behind a hill you walk up to it the star

is glowing in pulses and an explosion  bright white light a sudden darkness is embracing your mind you fall down listening to the unsettling sounds of crying

i wish i would not die is you last thought just before darkness takes to mind

• Like 1

Seriously? What is this childish drivel?

He is just posting some suggestions, no need to be so critical

okay okay i get the idea undead intro to uset now a day but hmmmmmm...

then what about your eyes open and close and your ear listen to the joy full laughter of females a beautifully lighthearted  music is player your eyes opens

you see lightly dressed weary nice looking females from all races others mostly male though also casual dressed womens are around you have no recollection how you came to be in this place but you know its the local brothel in the harbor

suddenly a lot of screaming  about and in to the brothel comes around 100 UNDEADS starting to eat brains..

I like the concept of waking up in brothel as then the chance of PE including some sort Romance implementation is more likely :yes:

But for me Planescape has done the whole " who are you and what is your purpose on this earth" to a level it would be difficult to surpass

I would prefer to know who I am but I have this nuanced epic quest that forces you to make hard choices with consequences :)

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Seriously? What is this childish drivel?

He is just posting some suggestions, no need to be so critical

okay okay i get the idea undead intro to uset now a day but hmmmmmm...

then what about your eyes open and close and your ear listen to the joy full laughter of females a beautifully lighthearted  music is player your eyes opens

you see lightly dressed weary nice looking females from all races others mostly male though also casual dressed womens are around you have no recollection how you came to be in this place but you know its the local brothel in the harbor

suddenly a lot of screaming  about and in to the brothel comes around 100 UNDEADS starting to eat brains..

I like the concept of waking up in brothel as then the chance of PE including some sort Romance implementation is more likely :yes:

But for me Planescape has done the whole " who are you and what is your purpose on this earth" to a level it would be difficult to surpass

I would prefer to know who I am but I have this nuanced epic quest that forces you to make hard choices with consequences :)

yes my hope are that EP will be an epic tale to :) . it was like Dev from many corps had an experimenting faze  first it was wery old style course programming was rather new back then .

then came something new like the classic 3d games BG 1 and 2 the first rts Fallout 1 and 2 even the adventure games had a good run then they just stop making them kind of games isomatrix course the ones who had the money  wanted new stuff .serious look at nwn 2 nice game but 3d was not good enough to make stylish art like in EP the best they even forgot to put in a tail on thief-lings had to come later in like course of the hole 3D was new on market .. but it look like the DEV want back to the good old times and now with better grafix this just a gift for humanity :)

I suppose any introduction must encompass the genre, in this case heroic adventure.

Your character on his way back home from some distant war gets waylaid by brigands and sold into slavery. You are then taken by ship into a far off and distant land and must learn the customs and languages of strange and alien people; all the while planning to make your escape.

• Like 2

Okay, here is the intro:

You wake up and you're a giant ****roach.

Edit: That word isn't allowed, I guess. You wake up and you're a giant penisroach?

Edited by Maria Caliban
  • Like 3

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Okay, here is the intro:

Edit: That word isn't allowed, I guess. You wake up and you're a giant penisroach?

You wake up and you're a giant penisroach

Welcome to my world.

Mmmm, I can't see how starting the game as some sort of insect would be exciting or how it would make sense in the context of an RPG

Sorry guys but that's a really bad idea ;(

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Okay, here is the intro:

Mmmm, I can't see how starting the game as some sort of insect would be exciting or how it would make sense in the context of an RPG

Sorry guys but that's a really bad idea ;(

I guess it's a reference to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Metamorphosis

Which implies that you propably don't like Kafka. Which is good in my book.

Edited by Doppelschwert

"[Playername]!"

"[Playername], wake up!"

Then you spend your first day accompanying your best friend (ideally a spunky rogue type) to the fair.  By the end of the fair, some evil force attacks, and the village is on fire.

Two best friends, a fighter and a mage surely?

• Like 1

. Well I was involved anyway. The dude who can't dance. 

"[Playername]!"

"[Playername], wake up!"

Then you spend your first day accompanying your best friend (ideally a spunky rogue type) to the fair.  By the end of the fair, some evil force attacks, and the village is on fire.

You could make things even more interesting by living with a woodland elf foster parent.

• Like 1

"[Playername]!"

"[Playername], wake up!"

You could make things even more interesting by living with a woodland elf foster parent.

Who has withheld affection from you throughout your entire childhood, no doubt.

• Like 2

You wake up on toilet with your trousers down, while a Dwarf stares at you.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

After witnessing a ruler commit terrible sin, you are exiled to the colonies, before you reach port a supernatural event shipwrecks you, floating into Defiance bay, where you get picked up. The event stirred something in you, if you choose to pursue it.

• Like 2

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Instead of 'you awake in ...',

how about 'You fall asleep (possibly after eating some suspicious looking cheese) and have a nightmare about an old man who insists on teaching you how to control a party and other such useful tidbits...'? :disguise:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

how about 'You fall asleep (possibly after eating some suspicious looking cheese) and have a nightmare about an old man who insists on teaching you how to control a party and other such useful tidbits...'? :disguise:

It would definitely be a good take on tutorials.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

:getlost:

That intro always gives me shivers down my spine. Strange that the first comment was not a comment on the similarities between the OP's vision and Planscape: Torment. That said, no, I would not like that intro for Project Eternity.

No no no, the game obviously starts with the PC's village being attacked by black riders. Duh!

*Idyllic village, peace, love, happiness. One day, PC was out to hunt when he could spot smoke coming from where the village was. It was plundered and razed by Orcs. They killed all the PC's loved ones, probably his dog and stole a long-forgotten magical artifact. Thus, PC decides to start being an adventurer and kill rats for farmers.

• Like 2

Elan_song.gif

It would definitely be a good take on tutorials.

I guess it would stop them from having to destroy / otherwise make inaccessible the training area.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

A dream would make for a good tutorial, if you really wanted a tutorial that remained within the game world/narrative. It could be a vision of some scenario, with a full party, and you control them, and no one's really getting hurt. Makes sense in a dream. Disconnects are pretty abundant in dreams.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u