What you did today

Pidesco

Started watching the series Battlestar Galactica just to see what all the fuzz is (or was) about; I'm currently at episode #3 and....I'm not pressed.. Starbuck and Adama are awesome though. 

Stick with it.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I enjoyed the e-cigarette too much on my first day and ended up giving myself a bit of the old nicotine poisoning, the last 48 hours have been full of headaches and sicky feelings but I'm much better today and I got some new liquids with way less nicotine.  I haven't wanted a real cigarette for days (hate the taste anyway) so one way or another the plan seems to be working.

Also my driving instructor said I'm ready for the test  :dancing:

Good luck on your test.

Two of my friends have switched from real smokes to e-cigarettes and both made the same nicotine level mistake as you. One of them was a three pack a day smoker and tried the 24mg liquid and said he almost threw up. :lol: Grats on quitting too.

Started watching the series Battlestar Galactica just to see what all the fuzz is (or was) about; I'm currently at episode #3 and....I'm not pressed.. Starbuck and Adama are awesome though. 

Stick with it.

Guess that means the coming episodes will get increasingly better? Anyway, once I start watching a series I absolutely HAVE to watch it till the end no matter how bad it is. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Stick with it.

Guess that means the coming episodes will get increasingly better? Anyway, once I start watching a series I absolutely HAVE to watch it till the end no matter how bad it is. 

I can't guarantee you'll like it more. But I did.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Stick with it.

Just keep in mind that regardless of whether you enjoy the series or not, the last episode will make you want to murder kittens.

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Two stabbings in the neighbourhood yesterday, but I promise that I was not involved. I prefer unarmed combat.

People obviously watching the last episode of Battlestar Galactica.

• Like 3

-Elwood Blues

I couldn't get past the opening miniseries on BSG, I'm afraid.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I enjoyed the e-cigarette too much on my first day and ended up giving myself a bit of the old nicotine poisoning, the last 48 hours have been full of headaches and sicky feelings but I'm much better today and I got some new liquids with way less nicotine.  I haven't wanted a real cigarette for days (hate the taste anyway) so one way or another the plan seems to be working.

Also my driving instructor said I'm ready for the test  :dancing:

Good luck on your test.

Two of my friends have switched from real smokes to e-cigarettes and both made the same nicotine level mistake as you. One of them was a three pack a day smoker and tried the 24mg liquid and said he almost threw up. :lol: Grats on quitting too.

Thanks mate, I've been feeling pretty bad for days but I haven't smoked a real cig since Monday, I may have smoked a couple of "other" things :disguise: but in general I've smoked ten times less than usual.  I've actually started to feel a bit better in the last hour, the symptoms have been very flu like so I've dosed myself on aspirin and throat sweets.

For smokers who want to stop smoking - read Alan Carrs book, I think it's called Easyway. I'd been smoking for 10 years and I was done the instance I put the book down and haven't felt like smoking since.. that was 8 months ago.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

I quit cold turkey ~4 years ago.

I do enjoy the physical act of smoking but tobacco has always been a drug transfer medium for me, otherwise it's bloody revolting stuff.  I don't ever see myself being entirely free from stimulants and impurities, I like to fiddle with my own chemistry too much to go cold turkey but I'm thinking these e-cigs and vaporizers might be my key to escape tobacco for good.

Congrats on quitting, cold turkey takes balls...which is also the name of my next movie  :dancing:

No way am I quitting turkey.

• Like 4

-Elwood Blues

Note to self: when paying the bills today, remember to change the house loan number to the new one this time.

...brain cells...you too will lose more than you'd like, someday.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I hope I don't lose too many more. After all the drinking I did in my younger years I might be only a cell or two away from being a talking monkey. Sometimes I think my dog might be smarter than I am.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Currently in south Lake Tahoe with the big family. Spent the entire day just talking about various things. And got a new phone

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Currently in south Lake Tahoe

That's a nice place to be in during August.
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Went out clubbing with 5 pickup artists (2 of them girls).... that was pretty interesting.. Especially when the 2 girls completely disarmed a group of marketing boys and had them pay for drink for the entire group all night on the company card.  lol

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

Went out clubbing with 5 pickup artists (2 of them girls).... that was pretty interesting.. Especially when the 2 girls completely disarmed a group of marketing boys and had them pay for drink for the entire group all night on the company card.  lol

Fools and their money.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Gas company to work on replacing the pipelines near our street for a few months, starting in a few days. Which is (hopefully) a good thing (considering that horrible accident/explosion a while back) but it also makes me a little nervous. :disguise: Not to mention, I expect it to be noisy. And a driving route annoyance.

Their letter states we may smell gas as they vent from the pipelines and this is to be expected. Uh huh. I think I'll skip the BBQ's for a while. Hahaha.

Yah don't be waving torches around, LC. Also, why are up before 0600 on a weekend ? :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra