Game devs starting to call out some of the *crazy* vitriol

alanschu

This is sort of somewhat related (especially since Geekdom led to this happening), but I actually approve (at least on initial grounds, since I'm still reading this article) of what happened to this guy!

http://gawker.com/internet-gets-man-banned-from-gym-chain-for-mocking-mem-912931879

I believe that this shows that some people deserve to be called out on their bull****.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

This is sort of somewhat related (especially since Geekdom led to this happening), but I actually approve (at least on initial grounds, since I'm still reading this article) of what happened to this guy!

http://gawker.com/internet-gets-man-banned-from-gym-chain-for-mocking-mem-912931879

No, Alanchu, it would have been a better example if he was a manager at the gym. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Maaaaaaaaaybe someone like John Carmack?

I suppose Chris Roberts might, as he has done some movie work as well.

I have no idea who these people are and I'm a gamer.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Maaaaaaaaaybe someone like John Carmack?

I suppose Chris Roberts might, as he has done some movie work as well.

I have no idea who these people are and I'm a gamer.

Doom and Wing Commander.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I think I start to get sheepified and easily to amuse... That comic actualy made my day better haha

I have to start to read more stuff about getting antisocial again

/sigh

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

It's so cute when Reddit takes outrage at someone posting a photo for mockery in a hypocritical way.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ah, finally got wind of the insults against the COD guy - http://gamerfury.tumblr.com/

At first glance, I can see a lot of English lad types sending these :lol:

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ah, finally got wind of the insults against the COD guy - http://gamerfury.tumblr.com/

At first glance, I can see a lot of English lad types sending these :lol:

I find it sad, not funny.

It is sad. And I think bans are richly deserved. It's the kindest thing. Since these 'gentlemen' clearly spend far too much time indoors. Unless maybe sending them outdoors would spike physical assaults.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It's stupid more than anything else really, pointless jawing and just coming across as foolish. Not really finding it funny, myself, just got a laugh reading them as if some chav was saying it (Use of '****' mainly leads me to think it's a UK thing).

The insult involving his family being raped by Hindus is just so random though.

Ah right, that slipped my mind. Well ok I guess that was a news-minded threat.

I find myself hard to agree with any sort of "internet justice", it's a bit too much of a mob mentality with a lot of potential for wronging innocent people.

That said, I am also totally against censorship on the net. That's why I find attempts to control the behavior of communities an affront to the web - they might be well intentioned, but any sanctioned censorship is going to inevitably push people away. Everyone has a right to speak their mind. Personal attacks have no grounds, of course, and game developers should establish clear policy for that sort of thing, but to some extent, you have to let players express their frustration.

Too often, I see people downvoting unpopular thought, censoring it, and preventing it from being "upvoted" or brought back into the discussion. It's kind of a negative feedback loop.

I made a 2 hour rant video about dragon age 2. It's not the greatest... but if you want to watch it, here ya go: