Scribblenauts Unlimited
Batman: Arkham City GOTY
A New Beginning - Final Cut
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
The Whispered World
Deponia
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

While there are a couple of games I would grab just so they don't weigh you down, I only a few days ago got given  batman game in this thread, so I'll let others bear the burden of unburdening you, shady.

Besides, my backlog is too long as it is.

If only gaming was more like Startopia: "There is a backlog of aliens trying to get on board your station. I suggest building another docking port to increase the flow of aliens in and out."

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

LOL, I can't give away FEAR2 no matter how hard I try either.  I guess no one's in the market for a mediocre as hell shooter with laughable "horror" elements.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

FEAR 2 was great. It just does not live up to its predecessor. It's a hard task given that I consider FEAR 1 the greatest action FPS of all time.

FEAR 2 is simply really good by comparison. Still better than 3/4th the stuff that comes out of the genre.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It wasn't bad, but I thought FEAR2 was decidedly mediocre.  While overall, I would say FEAR2 is definitely better than F3AR, in a really narrow, niche way, F3AR is superior, because it works so well as a co-op game (and fails so miserably as a single player game), while FEAR2 is just kind of okay.  It doesn't really stand out in any way, it's just a decent shooter that lost most of the cool atmosphere of the first game.  Alma ceases to be scary as soon as you realize that when she pops up and tries her hardest to be creepy and spooky you are never, I repeat NEVER, in the slightest bit of danger.  From that point on it's purely comical.

Edit:  Not to mention that by the time FEAR2 came out STALKER was already out, and there's just no topping STALKER in the creepy, foreboding atmosphere, as far as shooters go.  So I may have been tougher on the game because I was subconsciously comparing it to STALKER, and I hold STALKER up on such a high podium.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

If you're going to judge it on the horror, then you can't really view FEAR 1 any better either. It's all jump scares and barely any danger from the scary parts.

I mean, FEAR 1 is a game that made a point of announcing enemies before you can even see them so that you could then ambush them. And the only time the ghosts could ever hurt you, the game went into forced slow mo.

It was never a scary franchise, it's an action game with a horror veneer.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

True, you certainly have a point.  I guess when the original came out it was all kind of fresh and the jump scares still worked.  When the sequel came out it was been there done that.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I've been trying to give these away for a while now. Please take them

Please

If you can't find anyone else, I would like Arkham City...I wasn't gonna ask, since I'm relatively nobody, but since you keep insisting...:p

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Sad is the day you can't give away free games on a video game website

Oh, shucks. Ok, I'll take that The North of the Rings: War in the Lord off your hands :)

I'm still stuck witha  copy of Trine 2 myself though :p

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Sad is the day you can't give away free games on a video game website

Well, for me, it's not that I don't want the games in question, but rather that I just don't really feel comfortable asking/taking from people I don't really know combined with this being a community where I'm not really...a full member of, so to speak. While I could enjoy the game, I just feel really perturbed by asking for something that could go to someone else that the person giving it out actually knows. :p

I think I'm inadvertently being a hypocrite for saying this...(because I can reasonably expect an outcome of doing this...), but it also disturbs me that I can even contemplate asking for Trine 2, too, especially right after getting Batman. So how much do you value getting rid of it vs making me feel hypocritical? If you respect me at all, you won't give it to me! :p

Thanks, ShadySands, for Batman: AC! :)

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Don't feel bad. I only bought the games to give to the charities and I figured someone may want the games

I never had any intention of playing any of them because of A. Steam (the adventure games aren't Steam only but see B) and B. they just aren't games that I'm usually into 

So how much do you value getting rid of it vs making me feel hypocritical? If you respect me at all, you won't give it to me! :p

I don't know you well enough to respect your feelings that much, so I send you a serial number :p Hope it works (you never know when you may actually have given something away and not remember)

• Like 3

I don't know you well enough to respect your feelings that much, so I send you a serial number  :p Hope it works (you never know when you may actually have given something away and not remember)

Oh thanks, how kind of you. :p Yep, it worked...and thanks, for real. :)

Edited by Bartimaeus

Had my first real problem with STEAM recently. Bought Fable III on a whim since it was on sale. But apparently STEAM was out of cd-keys for it. Now it's 2 days later, still not able to play it since they apparently haven't gotten any keys yet. And the game was up for the entirety of the sale even though STEAM would know that they had no keys for it.

So... thanks for not letting me play that old game I bought I guess.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Had my first real problem with STEAM recently. Bought Fable III on a whim since it was on sale. But apparently STEAM was out of cd-keys for it. Now it's 2 days later, still not able to play it since they apparently haven't gotten any keys yet. And the game was up for the entirety of the sale even though STEAM would know that they had no keys for it.

And that's what I've gone through with all of my games on there because they've refused to make fixing their offline mode their biggest priority before they implement any new features.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I've had that happen with GamersGate before, but never with Steam...  yet.  Kind of ridiculous to sell a game they don't actually physically digitally have.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Still have these games available

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
F.E.A.R. 3
Scribblenauts Unlimited

and now these too

Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD, Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers, and Thunder Wolves
Expeditions: Conquistador
Jagged Alliance: Crossfire
F.E.A.R.
Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC
Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit
Guardians of Middle-earth
Batman™: Arkham Origins DLC
Mortal Kombat Kollection
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack
Edited by ShadySands

I think in the next Mortal Kombat game, a good fatality for Scorpion would be for him to throw his kunai at his opponents' heart. Then he'll yell: "GET OVER HERE!"

But instead of ripping his opponents' actual heart out, it will say the year 1992, 1993 or 1995; depending on the opponent.

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Still have these games available

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
F.E.A.R. 3
Scribblenauts Unlimited

and now these too

Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD, Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers, and Thunder Wolves
Expeditions: Conquistador
Jagged Alliance: Crossfire
F.E.A.R.
Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC
Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit
Guardians of Middle-earth
Batman™: Arkham Origins DLC
Mortal Kombat Kollection
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack

I would be interested in Expeditions: Conquistador. I sill have KotOR2, Protal and Alan Wake if you want.