Warmachine Tactics Kickstarter kicked off

C2B

I'm digging it. Thanks for the link! :)

I have to agree.  I really enjoy Xcom: Enemy Unknown.  I know there are some who aren't impressed with the level of casualness it ensues, but lately, within the previous couple of years, my gaming time has subsided due to a little one and because of that, I enjoy these turn-based strategy games that you can easy get in, play a map or so, make some changes to your troops, and get in and still enjoy the game.  I still love my deep RPG's but if we see an few more games in the vein of the latest Xcom, I'll be happy as well and the setting for this game seems perfect for this type of pc transition.

Have Games Workshop considered litigation against this lot? Sheesh talk about blatant WH clone.

They would probably have done that years ago if they had some legal basis for it. Warmachine is an old miniature wargame not unlike older versions of the GW games.

Privateer Press has been around for more than a decade IIRC.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

There's room for more than one steampunk fantasy tabletop game out there. Privateer Press has been around for 13 years, and Warmachine for 10 of those years. If there was enough similarity to justify a suit, I think GW would have hit them before now.

---

Second day in and they're over $600,000 now, which is pretty impressive. I would love to see a breakdown of the types of backers involved, to see how many are previous Warmachine fans and how many are just being introduced.

I've had a few second thoughts. Kickstarters that split their effort between single player and multi-player modes concern me as I'm not that interested in the latter: it means I'll only be getting about half the value of my donation. As a result I'm probably going to hold off and see what type of game they produce.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

My understanding is that multi-player games require a lot of extra effort to build the networking functionality, as well as significantly more product testing. That can be a big chunk of the budget right there.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."