Best Police in the World

obyknven

Best Police in the World  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What country have best Police in the World

What is the point of this thread? So far it's just a collection of youtube footage.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What is the point of any Oby thread? So far it's just a collection of random photo shopping, insane rambling, obvious trolling, and youtube videos.

Fixed that for you.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

In most of those three above situations her in the U.S. would have ended with the person shot.

And all three of them would deserve it!

Actually they'd probably taze them nowadays.  

Seriously, you are a moron if you get into a physical altercation with a cop.  Darwin Award material.

What is the point of this thread? So far it's just a collection of youtube footage.

All fear the Kiwi Cops...

http://youtu.be/yivsN18ijjM

Actually, they are some of the nicest people around.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah, in America cops don't really like to deal with the paperwork of a body.

I think it ends up coming down to the type of person and dept. BIG city cops are MASSIVE pricks most of the time (Chicago has cops who shove you just to get you to fight back so they can take you in for example) while smaller town ones will preach, but mostly just try to avoid to much work.

I mean for every "Pepper spray people who are sitting down" there's a "help some guys out". At work, I end up sitting in the airport for probably an hour (I have a desk and a computer) between runs, and there are two cops who pull airport detail. One spends most of the time I see him cussing and moaning about how he's not the help desk, because travelers keep asking us "Where is X?" The other just keeps an eye on everything and jokes with us at the counters (today declaring he'd better head to the other end of the terminal because "I think I hear a Riot!" in the silence between de-planings)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

"And all three of them would deserve it!

Actually they'd probably taze them nowadays.  

Seriously, you are a moron if you get into a physical altercation with a cop.  Darwin Award material."

People who blindly defend cops liek they are angels or they should be the ultimate arbitrers of who should be killed are prime darwin example.

Using your logic is stupid. In a  fist fight, if the one of the guys brings a guns and shoots the other they are charged with murder but you seem to feel that is acceptable decision making by cops? Someone tries to punch them and they have the right to murder them? HAHAHA!

Don't you see how evil, brainwashed, retarded, and backwards that is/ Police should be enforcing laws NOT breaking them. Stop living in Jugde Dredd fantasy.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Swedish police is the best. I might be just a little bit biased because I'm a Swede and know a few cops. Not very biased, just a little.

As a Swede, the Swedish police are a waste of money. They are useless, incompetent and overpaid. They are only good for driving drunk people home, catching shoplifters, drivers of tuned mopeds and shooting protesters.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Stop living in Jugde Dredd fantasy.

Tell that to Toronto cops when you get a chance. Significant numbers of them believe that :lol:

All in all, is a safe job for them. And when they do buy it, they get everything short of their corpse mounted on a throne of gold. But it is fun that you should be nice to cops just out of fear of them doing whatever they want and be covered for it, rather than any respect.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"To serve and protect."

It's a quote that modern NA cops seem to have forgotten.

Thankfully, my brief encounters with the coppers have been civilzied on both parts... it seems I'm one of the lucky ones.

I once got pulled over by Danish police and "patted down". I didn't really hold it against the two young men, that they seemed a bit nervous. It was dark night, small road in the middle of nowhere in the country side and they had just been told to go chasing somebody who had done an armed robbery at a small town convenience store, taking some liquor or some such at knife point.

Since the most "lethal" weapon in my jacket was an iPaq (this was years before smart phones), they all relaxed and got friendly and we parted ways.

But then, I've never lived in places like Copenhagen or other larger urban areas, where the tone in some suburbs may in general be a lot more hostile between citizens and police forces.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

People who blindly defend cops liek they are angels or they should be the ultimate arbitrers of who should be killed are prime darwin example.

Using your logic is stupid. In a  fist fight, if the one of the guys brings a guns and shoots the other they are charged with murder but you seem to feel that is acceptable decision making by cops? Someone tries to punch them and they have the right to murder them? HAHAHA!

So you are defending people who get into fistfights with the cops?

There are plenty of avenues for a citizen to file complaints against the police.  Going after them physically is not one of them.

I know it's edgy for you folks to whine about cops, but the majority of them are just normal folks trying to do a civil service job, one that becomes very difficult in more urban environments.

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Like 1

Do you really think what law enforcers can kill any suspect without trial? 

Totalitarian Russia. Belgorod shotings, armed man kill 6 people, arrested by police alive, one policemen wounded.

http://youtu.be/jaXgpZy4IUA

Most democratic US. A 27-year-old Ibragim Todashev was shot dead at his home in Orlando, Florida when an interview with law enforcers.

Unarmed man, surrounded by police, shot.....seven times. 

PR20130530183023.JPG

As a profession policing brutalises people ... the policemen and women themselves. They see the absolute worst in people every single day and get a lot of hostility. In some countries - notably the USA - they face a very real threat of being murdered over next to nothing by lunatics, conspiracy theorists, drug dealers, you name it. One of my school friends joined the Met many years ago, and I barely recognise him.

None of this excuses police brutality. But as Hurlshot says, before you use a single video or incident to condemn the cops think about all what happens when they do overstep. Are they punished? That is the true mark of how healthy a nation's policing is. Also consider how rare such incidents are, and how far they arise from local conditions and bad management.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

As a profession policing brutalises people ... the policemen and women themselves. They see the absolute worst in people every single day and get a lot of hostility. In some countries - notably the USA - they face a very real threat of being murdered over next to nothing by lunatics, conspiracy theorists, drug dealers, you name it. One of my school friends joined the Met many years ago, and I barely recognise him.

None of this excuses police brutality. But as Hurlshot says, before you use a single video or incident to condemn the cops think about all what happens when they do overstep. Are they punished? That is the true mark of how healthy a nation's policing is. Also consider how rare such incidents are, and how far they arise from local conditions and bad management.

The 'Are they punished?' question is probably the huge part. In my experience here, cops get off pretty easy for anything and if they even are punished - they still keep their job. G20 had huge issues with cops' hard man fantasies getting the best of them - roughing up reporters, people just sitting around and nothing is done to any of them as the investigating branch can never find anything, etc. People are surprised in fact a cop got sentenced to 15 months for forcing a lady to give him oral sex (kind of light, really) , but the funny bit is he might not lose his job. :p

Generally, you get a sense of a law for them and a law for us. Or like Bryant's quote in Blade Runner, 'if you're not cop, you're little people'.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm not saying it doesn't need constant ****ing watching, Malc. You don't become a saint just by putting on a blue suit. We only have good police because we punished the s*** out of a lot of bad ones.

I think criminal sentencing for everyone has come slightly detached from reality, personally. Nepenthe could maybe explain why. It's probably a function of a bunch of factors.

But I also think that it's a bit of realpolitik to recognise that a stable state is always going to gives its guardians the benefit of the doubt. Because come crunch, they ask the same favour in reverse. Just look at Egypt.

-Elwood Blues

Well the Officer shooting of Oscar Grant is a good example of how complicated these cases can be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BART_Police_shooting_of_Oscar_Grant

The criminal trial sounds light when you look at the case, basically a two year prison sentence.  But then you have the civil case which is still going on, and you have a civil rights case filed by the US Justice department.

So no, cops don't get away with murder.

I'm not saying it doesn't need constant ****ing watching, Malc. You don't become a saint just by putting on a blue suit. We only have good police because we punished the s*** out of a lot of bad ones.

I think criminal sentencing for everyone has come slightly detached from reality, personally. Nepenthe could maybe explain why. It's probably a function of a bunch of factors.

But I also think that it's a bit of realpolitik to recognise that a stable state is always going to gives its guardians the benefit of the doubt. Because come crunch, they ask the same favour in reverse. Just look at Egypt.

Good for you guys, still not holding my breath for the police here to get that kind of treatment. The sentence being lenient is just that I wonder what a civilian (heh, funny to use that term opposed to cops) would get.

As for that inept BART cop, he deserves everything coming to him.

Edited by Malcador

We only have good police because we punished the s*** out of a lot of bad ones.

Maybe in Bizzaro USA we punish the bad cops (at least those who are not irrefutably guilty)

http://www.press-citizen.com/article/20130702/NEWS01/130702008/Records-Agent-who-was-removed-from-duty-sought-to-pull-over-Branstad-s-vehicle?Local%20News

In the actual real world, good cops are punished. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Stand by to be patronised, NKKK. :)

I've been to some wild and wooly places. Not so wild they don't have cops. But wild enough for those cops to take bribes like I take strolls. They can shoot someone and it won't even get written up. They get drunk and run people over and get embarrassed at work by people poking fun at them.

Talk to someone who has immigrated to your country and ask them about the cops. Remembering that the cops often harass them and scare them, and demand things and so on.

...their kids on the other hand...

-Elwood Blues

"So you are defending people who get into fistfights with the cops?"

Depends on the situations. Cops are human. By defintion, this emans some cops are good and some cops are bad. Just ebcause you wear a badge doesn't make you immune to being a scumbag piece of ****.

"There are plenty of avenues for a citizen to file complaints against the police.  Going after them physically is not one of them."

that's right.  Complain after you've had your arm broke, been shot half a dozen (or more times), have no mroe teeth,  suffering eprmenant brain dage. Yup, wait until after it's over to complain.. IF YOU LIVE.

"I know it's edgy for you folks to whine about cops, but the majority of them are just normal folks trying to do a civil service job, one that becomes very difficult in more urban environments."

Normal people don't have brainwashed people like you who blindly defend them when they break the law or do stupid stuff. Why do you think it's okay to beat up and coldly murder suspects or 'suspicious' people without punishment?

This diea that police should be held to a lesser standard than civiliians is a joke. they should be held to a HIGHER standard. yes, their job is stressful, and theyd eal with allt ypes of scumbags but just ebcause they deal with scumbags doesn't give them the right to murder and beat up innocents.  Pounding on someone's face with a nightstick because they cursed at you is not right. Its' evil. Isn't this the whole reason why their is entire training program dedicated to teach police the proper behaviour?

Perhaps police should man up and act civilized and treat civilians with respect - if they did, maybe police wouldn't have a poor public reputation.

Plenty of good police officers out there... why are you defending the scumbag ones?

You arne't a TRUE police supporter. I am. By defending the bad cops you are spitting in the face of the good ones.

The fact you think police have the right to murder unarmed people is beyond sick and twisted. It's pure evil.

• Like 1