Arachnophobia

Cultist

I just think it's hilarious that there are people who can't distinguish between reality and video games to such a degree that they freak out and demand spiders be removed from video games.

Ohoho, you should go read BSN and romance, cullen and toher retarded threads. Especially those with "But me want my adorabl elfu waifu!!!!"

I'm already familiar with Bioware fans' attempts to "scientifically" determine what Tali's sweat and urine smell and taste like.

• Like 1

Cultist's ego need feeding or something ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

spider-king.jpg

OMG! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

...that said, as much as I love spiders, I will still "freak" just a bit if I see the corpse of a large spider in the bottom of my water glass just as I pick it up to take a drink. One can love something and still yet be grossed out by encountering said something under a few certain circumstances. :disguise:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Killing scorpions - or indeed any venomous deviant - is surely just common sense.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Killing scorpions - or indeed any venomous deviant - is surely just common sense.

I keep and breed scorpions for more than 12 years already and with the exception of desert ones most are pretty decile. Especially the biggest of them -  emperor scorpions.

MzpydUh.gif

I keep and breed scorpions for more than 12 years already and with the exception of desert ones most are pretty decile. Especially the biggest of them -  emperor scorpions.

My God! You're the bastard breeding all the scorpions! You swine!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't mind spiders and will usually leave them alone, unless they come down to the ground. Now millipedes, centipedes and scorpions? Those really freak me out and I will stomp them to paste if I see one.

The house centipede (Scutigera coleoptrata) freaks me out when I see it even though I know its an insectovore and not liable to mistake me for a cricket (we get them at work all the time, well and crickets).

I stopped stepping on spiders when I went to step on one and it reared back and seemed to hiss at me (I heard it, but the TV was on so it may be a combination of motion from the spider and sound from the TV that made me think it was hissing). I captured it and tossed it outside - halfway figured it'd have eaten the neighborhood it had such attitude. I think it was a wolf spider, H. carolinensis.

My oldest brother has one of the worst spider stories - as a kid he went to step on a large spider trying to get into the house only to find out within seconds that it wasn't an abnormally large spider but a spider carrying an egg sack. He found out by having hundreds of spider babies running up his leg...

In fall we see a lot of yellow and black garden spiders hanging around, which are cool because they're so huge.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I had a co-worker who woke up with a wood roach on their nose.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

My God! You're the bastard breeding all the scorpions! You swine!

The bigger the scorpion, the more harmless the venom, actually.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Strong poison = lack of need for giant pincers? There's a joke in there somewhere, but I'm too lazy to think of it.

And scorpions (among other things) are why I'd prefer not to camp out in the open in the desert. Knowing me, I'd forget to shake out my shoes in the morning or something.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

After watching "The Human Centipede 2", every time I see one of the little crawlers I hear a middle aged fat man squealing "yeeeeeeee".

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

After watching "The Human Centipede 2", every time I see one of the little crawlers I hear a middle aged fat man squealing "yeeeeeeee".

I am a firm fan of the principle that there are some things one is not meant to watch.

-Elwood Blues

I really don't understand what makes spiders any creepier than any other crawly. They're just hard-working goons trying to get by. Leave the poor sods alone.

EDIT: Having said that if required to remove a spider I will just t*** it with a shoe.

Depends a bit on the size of the thing. I've had huntsmen spiders that would leave large splotch marks running down the wall if confronted with big shoes. In those cases, violence it not an option. Chemical warfare is however. Redbacks, funnel spiders etc. you just try to avoid wrestling matches and use long pole arms where possible.

Outdoors however, they don't bother me. I can stand a stare at the beauty of the critters and their sometimes meter high/wide webs for several moments.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The ubiquitous huntsman spider (picture found on the internet), present everywhere, including indoors occasionally. It's quite flexible and can "twist" its legs so it flattens itself completely and can get through even very narrow cracks.

Harmless for humans, although they can get quite big.

huntsmanspider.jpg

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Is it just me or are the majority of spider pictures in this thread cute?

I am a firm fan of the principle that there are some things one is not meant to watch.

I agree, I would have preferred to see a sequel to a lovely clip I saw a while back featuring two charming ladies and a cup than that 2 hour ****wad.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

What is needed is some kind of tiny laser array, manned by loyal earwigs in steel helmets. They could fire on the - relatively speaking - giant spiders, and it would seem brave, rather than cowardly.

-Elwood Blues

Whoever thinks that huge spider in the corner with lots ot little spiders next to it is cute needs their head checked.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I heard one guy at college got over his fear by capturing a spider in a glass jar, then rolling the glass jar back and forth over himself till he got comfortable with the spiders presence.

Thought I'd add this pic too, not all spiders are bad : p

640px-Squitter.jpg

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts