***UNOFFICAL KOTOR 2 : THE SITH LORDS FAQ***

They are saying the player character is the last known jedi, just like durin the original trilogy of films there were supposedly no jedi, but in actual fact there were many (if you read all the non-film based literature), they just keep their identies secret while the sith are hunting them. We already know one jedi (the woman companion in the robe) so the reports of the jedi demise have been gretly exagerrated. Its just with no temple (after it was destroyed in KOTOR), no council, they arent a force in the galaxy at this point in the time line.

The main Jedi temple in on Coruscant.

HOW MANY f***ING TIMES DO I HAVE TO GO OVER THIS?

Look games are are at the bottom of the barrel as cannon goes, they can remove the Jedi Order and rip-off the original triology all they want and officialy it never happens because everything else tales precedence over this (and other) games.

drakron.png

The main Jedi temple in on Coruscant.

Not any more *evil laughter*

Wouldnt it be nice if in the intro cinematic we got to see the, "purging" of the Jedi order?

@ Lantern of Anhor

Four thousand years is a long time and the sith empire, without an external threat, is ultimately self destructive, so the sith might fall and a new Jedi order be raised in its place, even if you do bring about the "dark side"

Wouldnt it be nice if in the intro cinematic we got to see the, "purging" of the Jedi order?

How about the binging and purging of the jedi order?

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

This is NOT the Galatic empire, there is no "jedi purge" and Coruscant is the capital world of the Galatic Republic.

As someone pointed out if we follow the dark side option and became a Sith Lord then there would be no Jedi Order, this bulls*** about a Sith Empire being sefl-destructive plains IGNORES the fact there WAS a Sith Empire WITHOUT external enemies that STAND for 1000 years, it was destroyed when they encountered the Republic (A.K.A. a external enemy), also 1000 years before the Battle of Yavin there was Darth Bane that recreates the Sith and sets the rule of two.

drakron.png

How about the binging and purging of the jedi order?

how about the bit where the jedi order's friends stage an intervention? and where the jedi order ends up in rehab because it can't admit it has a problem?

nasty stuff.

dumber than a bag of hammers

this bulls*** about a Sith Empire being sefl-destructive plains IGNORES the fact there WAS a Sith Empire WITHOUT external enemies that STAND for 1000 years, it was destroyed when they encountered the Republic (A.K.A. a external enemy), also 1000 years before the Battle of Yavin there was Darth Bane that recreates the Sith and sets the rule of two.

They're killing each other off in the middle of a WAR.

How long do you think there going to last, before they smash themselves, into oblivion, in peace time when there aren't any "external" enemies to kill?

And 1000 years isn't that long a time to be a stable empire, humans have been around for more than 2000 years yet can anyone deny your race is self destructive?

There is a big diference, as long the Sith were without oppoments they remained united.

When the Republic come into picture there was a split, one side wanted to attack and the other wanted to wait and that was the only known time the 1000 years old Sith Empire split into two diferent groups.

That alone shown the Sith Empire was stable and that the Sith can be stable, problems started after the destruction of the Sith empire were Sith knowledge was used for power and even then you have Kun that united the Sith.

As for human nations ... well we have many examples of nations that existed for centuries (like the romans), if the Galatic Republic managed to survive 25 000 years (and the Hutts even pre date it) that just points that its very possible to have long lived civilizations, the Sith are often missrepresented as being "every man to himself" as they are not, there is a clear stucture in the Sith organization and if the cleaning lady kills the Sith Lord she goes to be executed for murder even combat for leadership obey certain laws and are not required to be letal.

drakron.png

There is a big diference, as long the Sith were without oppoments they remained united.

When the Republic come into picture there was a split, one side wanted to attack and the other wanted to wait and that was the only known time the 1000 years old Sith Empire split into two diferent groups.

That alone shown the Sith Empire was stable and that the Sith can be stable, problems started after the destruction of the Sith empire were Sith knowledge was used for power and even then you have Kun that united the Sith.

As for human nations ... well we have many examples of nations that existed for centuries (like the romans), if the Galatic Republic managed to survive 25 000 years (and the Hutts even pre date it) that just points that its very possible to have long lived civilizations, the Sith are often missrepresented as being "every man to himself" as they are not, there is a clear stucture in the Sith organization and if the cleaning lady kills the Sith Lord she goes to be executed for murder even combat for leadership obey certain laws and are not required to be letal.

From where do you get all this info?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

From his library of books detail every painful factual detail of the mythical universe known of Star Wars, of course.

No, I read many boards and sites so I am capable of collecting information about it.

Also its not hard to know about the time period that predates the movies, only the comics handled that time and finding stuff about it its really not too hard, also I own some of Star Wars d20 sorce books that have the information.

drakron.png

From his library of books detail every painful factual detail of the mythical universe known of Star Wars, of course.

No, I read many boards and sites so I am capable of collecting information about it.

Also its not hard to know about the time period that predates the movies, only the comics handled that time and finding stuff about it its really not too hard, also I own some of Star Wars d20 sorce books that have the information.

Sounds like that those facts come from unofficial sources, that's all. Considering that you see a new Sith empire story every now and then <_<

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Unofficial?

Dark Horse comics are as official as they can get, Wizards also is a official Star Wars publisher as much Del Rey is.

Just because its not published by LucasArts or LucasBooks does not mean it does not get pass by then, in fact right next to the Wizards logo there is the LucasBooks logo and same goes with the comics, right under the Dark Horse logo there is the LucasBooks logo.

FYI as explained the movies are absolute cannon with the movie novelizations being second and the EU novels being third, the games are at the bottom of what is considered cannon (not a suprise since many rewrite events such as in X-wing were Luke is not the one destroying the Death Star) and only thing under it is unofficial material (that is, what do not bear the Lucas logo) such as fan fiction or what is pointed out to be "alternative" such as the "Tales" comics series.

http://www.darkhorse.com/zones/starwars/timeline.php

drakron.png

New info:

The player does not have amnesia, does not start the game with amnesia, does not get amnesia over the course of the game, and he/she is quite clear who, what, and where he is at all times. Nor does he/she have any problems with memory, lurking pseudo-personalities, multiple personality disorders, submerged personalities, or any personality problems except what you induce through gameplay by being a nice guy, a jerk, or both.

So sayeth the Avellone of Chris.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I hope there will be some more, each with a very unique abilily to increase replaybility.

I doubt it, prestige classes tend to be few in number and fairly hard to actually get into (due to stringent requirements).

Plus they tend to be badly balanced too, perhaps a theme of KotoR games?

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

uhm?

Dakron? you're a little bit behind the weels.

no Obsidian has not the promission to publish such an story when the jedi is extinct because they cannot publish and sell ANYTHING about star wars without the promision of Lucasarts and George Lucas, Silly.

Ok, it can be unofficial but they wouldn't have the right to sell it in the stores.

and besides since kotor was official story I suppose kotor 2 will be to, but Lucasarts and Lucas have to aprove of everything in the game if they are about to sell it.

Plus, The Hutts never had any empire, and 2000 years is a VERY long time for an empire ruled by humans even if it is populated by Sith. But the sith (face it!) are just not stable! and they have never been.

Then this Ged, humans been around for more than 2000 years? doh! do you think the human race is a little bit older than 2000 years? I would say about 500 000 years at least!

but perhaps your one of those fanatic christians or jews that beleive in the bibel or separate pergaments like it were reality's lawbook/s. don't know, if I'm completely wrong: well, then I'm sorry.

/Lots of people in this world that are stupid, he just found one.

The Hutts have their own part of the galaxy (Hutt space) and actually predate the Republic creation (they are not part of it) and even if saying Hutt empire is a bit far fetched they did in fact been involved in military conflict.

History records that it was the Hutts, millennia ago, before the dawn of the Republic, who brought to an end the scourge of Xim the Despot.
drakron.png

I always though something like ' A evil awakening' might be better. But who cares its just the title :)

I think the titles fine as it is. But if I had to make a suggestion then, hmm. How about:

Brothers of the Sith ((AND probably quite a few sisters too, I'm not sure))

:ph34r: