***UNOFFICAL KOTOR 2 : THE SITH LORDS FAQ***

But are you counting the non-planet locations? Does the Leviathan in KOTOR1 count as a planet? So when we say a certain number, does that include non-planets? Planetoids? Ships? Moons? Asteroids? Stars? Cyberspace? Alternate planes of existance? ...Texas? :blink:

I would say it should, yes, but indicate that a location like the Leviathan is not a planet. How many discreet locations are there, discreet as in not an obvious sub area of a different location?

Also, I felt some planets were larger than others. Taris, the first planet, seemed to be one of the larger ones for instance.

I have a question about Force Fury/Rage. I have heard it is a DS force power which enhances your PC momentarily in combat. What sets it a part from the LS/Universal powers that have a similar effect: Force Valor, Force Armor, Speed?

Has there been any modifications to "Throw Lightsaber?" I rarely used it, or just once before the enemy is already in close range that it de-activates the option of using the ability. And it really didn't cause tremendous or significant damage on the opponent.

I also have an question about Force Crush. So far, I see it as a quick powerful near-instant kill type of move. Is that really it?

---

OLD SKOOL WHEELMAN... from reading most of your posts that appear in nearly all the recent threads, you sound like a hypocrite too when it comes to spamming. You could of just PMed him and quoted the post and told him he was spamming. :lol:;)

Has there been any modifications to "Throw Lightsaber?" I rarely used it, or just once before the enemy is already in close range that it de-activates the option of using the ability. And it really didn't cause tremendous or significant damage on the opponent.

Ahh, good old Force Throw. I remember that once when I played KOTOR, my character was a consular type and thus not very much of a fighter, meanign that when fightning Malak, facing him head-to-head wasn't such a good idea, so I used a hit-and-run tactic with Force Throw and defeated Malak int he end :lol:. Can't see much of a reason for iomproving Force Throw as it is now, since it already fills it's purpose: giving an opponent at a distance a hit before you enage in the real combat...

I also have an question about Force Crush. So far, I see it as a quick powerful near-instant kill type of move. Is that really it?

Well, it's apparently a powerful force power, but thye may outweigh it by making it cost a lot of Force Power Points. Besides, I wonder if enemies will also be able to use it? Could cause a lot fo trouble..:blink: ... like getting your whole party wiped out by Darth Sion or something in mere seconds :lol:

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Hey Dev's I had a question about item breakdown. I had heard before that Demolitions will apply to mines and we'll be able to make more powerful ones. What I'm wondering is will this same system apply to gloves, masks and belts? I'm not talking about changing the look but moreso about the features. Is it possible I could have gloves that increase my strenght, dexterity and saves all at the same time? Or masks that make me immune, to poison, critical hits and mind affecting? Just wondering.

Hey Dev's I had a question about item breakdown. I had heard before that Demolitions will apply to mines and we'll be able to make more powerful ones. What I'm wondering is will this same system apply to gloves, masks and belts? I'm not talking about changing the look but moreso about the features. Is it possible I could have gloves that increase my strenght, dexterity and saves all at the same time? Or masks that make me immune, to poison, critical hits and mind affecting? Just wondering.

We've barely begun the balancing so honestly, we don't know :wacko:

SiO2

OLD SKOOL WHEELMAN... from reading most of your posts that appear in nearly all the recent threads, you sound like a hypocrite too when it comes to spamming. You could of just PMed him and quoted the post and told him he was spamming. :o:)

I know, the recent immaturity present in some of these recent threads have rubbed off on me, and for that I am truthfully sorry...how I wish for the days of old... :) I would further the development of this debate, maybe the evolution of a flame war, but I honestly don't want to :) ....

Devs, can you release more info about swoop upgrades or Akari's special project?

Hey Dev's I had a question about item breakdown.  I had heard before that Demolitions will apply to mines and we'll be able to make more powerful ones.  What I'm wondering is will this same system apply to gloves, masks and belts? I'm not talking about changing the look but moreso about the features.  Is it possible I could have gloves that increase my strenght, dexterity and saves all at the same time? Or masks that make me immune, to poison, critical hits and mind affecting? Just wondering.

We've barely begun the balancing so honestly, we don't know ;)

Okay. Thanks at least for responding to my post.

I wonder if the devs call in people to test the balancing or if they do it themselves

We have the testers give us their opinion as they play through (as well as anyone else who plays) and of course use our common sense. But the actually fixing is done by us, yes.

SiO2

• 2 weeks later...
hmm, some conflicting info there. No way to tell which is accurate.

They mentioned Atton Rand can't be "knocked out" "thus sparing you the gameover screen you mighy get even with the most powerful jedi in tow"

So what happens if 2 characters are unconsious and Rand the only one left? Does he keep fighting? That makes no sense. Your party would be invincible. Unless, there's a new "knock out" feat in Kotor2 and Rand is immune!

It's already been stated that if Rand is the last person standing then he can be knocked out. It only works if another character in the party is still standing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There might even be a tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny chance the city on the picture is Courusant. But my guess would be a Courusant, Taris like planet, or maby just another planet with a huge city. But again i might be wrong. However it sure would be fun to go to Courusant.