Yeah, I don't care about any of the quest rewards either.  I do like seeing the Halloween Masquerade of Liars motif around Protector's Enclave, though.  I think it looks cool.  I'm mostly just working on getting that last boon in Sharandar and crafting a Perfect Terror Enchantment.  I log in, grind out just enough daily quests to get the spark and to open up the first area solo dungeon and run through it to get a Shard of Terror.  It generally takes about 20 minutes.  Other than that, I pop in once in a while for 5 seconds to pray to my deity and log into the gateway every once in a while to collect and assign jobs.  That's my extent of "playing" Neverwinter these days.  Eventually I'll do a run through Malabog Castle I guess.  My character is 12.1k (I still have several empty enchantment slots) so it shouldn't be a problem as long as the group I'm with has some idea of what they're doing.  As an aside, how much does it cost to unlock another character slot?  I wouldn't mind getting one when the next module arrives so that I can make a Ranger.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm not 100% sure offhand but I think it's something like 300 Zen for 2 chr. slots. Pretty cheap, far as Zen purchases go.

And yeah...I'll have to try a Ranger. Looks potentially interesting, especially the being able to switch from bow to melee via Tab key.

I've tried to do more of Sharandar occasionally (just have the 1st two boons, can only enter the 2nd daily quest hub) but doesn't really interest me. Those quests are definitely good for leveling a pet, tho. When I was logging in/changing tasks 3-4 times a day I was making a million AD per week, but the last week or so I've lost interest even in that much. Just once a day now. And I spend a few hours on the events, if they have anything I want to collect for my main DC.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm not 100% sure offhand but I think it's something like 300 Zen for 2 chr. slots. Pretty cheap, far as Zen purchases go.

And yeah...I'll have to try a Ranger. Looks potentially interesting, especially the being able to switch from bow to melee via Tab key.

Sweet.  If it's that cheap, I can earn that for free likely by the time that module comes out.  I get 4 free Zen a day for basically doing nothing.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Wow, the new enchanting system for upgrading enchants (currently testing on the Preview shard) sounds ... complicated. Reduces the total number of R4's you need to reach, say, a R9, but will cost a lot of AD to actually upgrade them (unslotting will now cost silver/gold instead of AD). When it goes live, I bet AH prices for even R4 enchants will skyrocket.

If you want high level enchants for any possible current or new chr, better start fusing or buying them now. As much as you can.

Preview shard patch notes (enchant info towards the bottom)
The forum discussion thread.

One person's math estimation about it:

You need 4 R4s to refine R4 (1 base, 3 for the RPs)
You need 12 R4s to refine the received R5
You need 48 R4s to refine the received R6
You need 192 R4s to refine the received R7 (128 to refine the R7 itself and one 64*R4 = R7 as Catalyst)
You need 640 R4s to refine the received R8 (384 to refine the R8 itself and one 256*R4 = R8 as Catalyst)
You need 2048 R4s to refine the received R9 (1152 to refine the R9 itself and one 896*R4 = R9 as Catalyst)

So its even less to R9 when using only R4s (896). But I think currently the RPs might be bugged. The system seems to be quite linear, yet an R7 enchant consisting of 64 R4s (270 RP per = 17280) only gives half the RP (8640). Same issue with R8 (69.120 when using R4s, 25.920 alone) and R9 (241.920 RPs in R4s and 77.760 alone), so it's better to use only R4s instead of refining >R7s and use them.

For the AD:

One R5 costs 1.000 AD
One R6 costs 5.000 AD
One R7 costs 25.000 AD
One R8 costs 81.000 AD (50.000 + another 31.000 to get the R7 used as Catalyst)
One R9 costs 156.000 AD (75.000 + another 81.000 to get the R8 used as Catalyst)
One R10 costs 256.000 AD (100.000 + another 156.000 to get the R9 used as Catalyst)

Adds up to 268.000 per R9 + an unknown combination of coal and preservation wards
R10 is 524.000 + an unknown combination of coal and preservation wards

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Strangely, now that it's available, I haven't felt like getting it. It's just my tiger reskinned anyway.

Ready for the new module, if interested in it at all to begin with? Used a lot of diamonds last week, ranking up enchants to lvl6 while I could still fuse, since I don't think I'll ever be getting a lot of the new ingredient thingees that the new system will use to upgrade enchants to higher levels. I might try the new Hunter...although I'll probably get one to lvl30 then let Leadership do the rest. I like the new active companion bonus concept tho, even if it doesn't mean a whole lot. So I spent a lot more diamonds snapping up some of the better-bonus companions from the AH when they were cheaper.

Who wants to see lich boob?

Sure, why not?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Who wants to see lich boob?

Sure, why not?

I'm not here to judge.  If you're into necrophilia, that's your prerogative.  Here's some lich cleavage for you:

1360706407586.jpg

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Could a mimic turn into a gelatinous cube, or is it just treasure chests that they like to disguise themselves as?

I have to say that the newest module, Shadowmantle, is pretty decent.  I like it better than Sharandar.  It's not as visually appealing, but there is at least a wider variety of things to do.  Plus, the Phantasmal Fortress solo dungeon is pretty rad.  It's got some nice M.C. Escher type stuff going on.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yeah, Shadowmantle seems a better designed module, although I find if the instance is busy, it's more of a personal annoyance to me than in Sharandar. And I don't like the AD cost for running solo dungeons on their non-daily available day.

Side note: It's been a long time since I've had any trouble/fear of death while killing things w/my main DC, but DC's aren't exactly major dps classes. But since since I've been using the Rust Monster companion, I've noticed the speed things go down has increased and the damage I take has gone down. Don't even need to self-heal in combat most of the time anymore. That active bonus they have (procs often) + their combat skill I assume. Altho I guess the DC's armor penetration finally works too - but I don't have too much of that.

I'm becoming a big believer in deflect, as well.

And I love those Artifacts. :biggrin:

Yeah, Shadowmantle seems a better designed module, although I find if the instance is busy, it's more of a personal annoyance to me than in Sharandar. And I don't like the AD cost for running solo dungeons on their non-daily available day.

Side note: It's been a long time since I've had any trouble/fear of death while killing things w/my main DC, but DC's aren't exactly major dps classes. But since since I've been using the Rust Monster companion, I've noticed the speed things go down has increased and the damage I take has gone down. Don't even need to self-heal in combat most of the time anymore. That active bonus they have (procs often) + their combat skill I assume. Altho I guess the DC's armor penetration finally works too - but I don't have too much of that.

I'm becoming a big believer in deflect, as well.

And I love those Artifacts. :biggrin:

I've never done a solo dungeon on a non-daily, not in Sharandar and not in whatever the name of the area (Dread something?) of the Shadowmantle module is called.

As far as dying, that's something that never ever comes up (unless I take a plunge into a bottomless pit because I'm dicking around or something) outside of epic dungeons.  All the solo stuff is a piece of cake once you have some decent gear.  Seeing as I have all either top level or really close to top level gear and all minimum rank 7 enchantments, I have zero fear of dying in anything solo.  Even skirmishes are generally a piece of cake, unless I happen to get stuck with a group that's full of people that have absolutely no clue what they're doing.  Tier 2 epic dungeons are the only things left that are truly challenging.  If you're not part of a group that knows what they are doing, you have no chance of completing a tier 2 epic, no matter how good you are and how good your gear is.  The good thing about tier 2 epic dungeons is that they demand proper teamwork.  It's impossible to just brute force them because you will just get annihilated.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yeah, it's not that it's dangerous, it's just a matter of speed. Most DC's aren't built to take things down in 1-2 hits. The longer one takes, the more damage (even if it's not dangerous) one takes. I've tried a couple of the more dps-skills but they don't cycle well for me with others, for solo play.

The difference between my TR's speed/time at taking out a group of trash mobs, for example, using nothing but his At-Wills and my DC's speed at taking something out using just At-Wills is ... pretty extreme. :lol: And it follows all down the line.

Yeah, it's not that it's dangerous, it's just a matter of speed. Most DC's aren't built to take things down in 1-2 hits. The longer one takes, the more damage (even if it's not dangerous) one takes. I've tried a couple of the more dps-skills but they don't cycle well for me with others, for solo play.

The difference between my TR's speed/time at taking out a group of trash mobs, for example, using nothing but his At-Wills and my DC's speed at taking something out using just At-Wills is ... pretty extreme. :lol: And it follows all down the line.

Yeah, I haven't played a DC, but I would imagine that they are not particularly well suited to soloing.  People will LOVE you in a group, though, provided you are good at your role.  GWFs are fairly well balanced, in that they are good at solo PvE and they have an important role to play in group PvE (Mopping up groups of adds/lesser mobs.  GWFs can take on larger/boss enemies, but they can't match the damage output of a TR against single targets and they can't hold aggro and absorb damage quite as well as a GF).  GWFs suck in PvP, but I never PvP so it's no skin off my back.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Oh they're fine for soloing. They're just not fast. No "I do 26k crits all the time!" bragging rights. I'm lucky if I get 9000-12000 crits with encounters. On the plus side, I haven't had to use a potion mid-combat for months, even against solo dungeon bosses. All the ones I pick up just get sold. :p

I don't group tho, so I'm always geared for solo. If I was running pure group-healer trees/configs I'm sure it'd be tougher.

That's my main DC's base stats (no bonuses from campfire/potions). Everything goes up by 350/stats and 1-2% if I use my cat augment pet instead and a bit more yet with potions etc. If I use my Daily things die a bit faster but often I don't bother. Not sure why. Not needed mostly. 20 seconds, 35 seconds, dead is dead. The last circle in the quest to get the free artifact was first time I felt like there was a bit of challenge. heh.

Two of my gear items still have lvl6 enchants instead of 7, not counting the feet/arms/hat (lvl 5's) which don't add to gear score anyway. I obviously haven't focused on Power.

NWO-0172.jpg

Interesting. And you'd probably kill something in 2 seconds while it'd take me 10. Haha. Attacks per second on DC .. bah.

I keep seeing people talk about having 8000 Power or 5000 Crit and based on my limited knowledge if item stats, I keep wondering how they manage numbers like that. I guess they give up everything else? Or some special class skill that boosts it like mad?

Interesting. And you'd probably kill something in 2 seconds while it'd take me 10. Haha. Attacks per second on DC .. bah.

I keep seeing people talk about having 8000 Power or 5000 Crit and based on my limited knowledge if item stats, I keep wondering how they manage numbers like that. I guess they give up everything else? Or some special class skill that boosts it like mad?

Yeah, GWFs don't have as high spikes in damage as CWs and TRs can do, but they dish out a steady torrent of damage to large numbers of enemies.  I'm specced mostly toward critical and life steal, hence my other stats tend to suffer.  I have no clue how someone gets 8000 Power and 5000 crit, gotta spec full into those stats and have rank 10s, I guess.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Can anyone tell me what makes this game good? I tried it with a friend yesterday and it just feels like any other generic MMO. You do fetch quests and grind monsters. My character is lvl 11 now, and I don't think I was doing anything else but fetching stuff.

I'm tensed to delete it now, to be honest. :p

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm tensed to delete it now, to be honest. :p

So delete it.

It's the only MMO that has held my attention any length of time.  I can't explain why.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸