What you did today

Rosbjerg

Weather? Weather here could be best described as beginning nuclear winter.

Its been awful the past 3 weeks now, and its getting colder. Its raining non-stop, night temperatures drop below freezing and its windy here like on a bad day on Saturn. I haven't seen the sun in weeks.

Its almost June and it feels like November, its crazy, it should be 20C° warmer that it is right now.   Worst spring /  early summer ever,   :getlost:

And because of that, we're having the best spring in decades (influx of dry continental air from Siberia). :D

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I learned how to drive a manual transmission on the way home from buying my first car ever, a 1979 Trans Am.

Had am impromptu party break out at my house on Sunday. Was pulling into my driveway when I noticed one of my neighbors standing outside his garage. Invited him over for a beer and the next thing I know were BBQ-ing and polishing off a bottle of tequila among four people. The night ended with his wife literally face down on my dining room table. Good times.

• Like 5

I learned how to drive a manual transmission on the way home from buying my first car ever, a 1979 Trans Am.

Had am impromptu party break out at my house on Sunday. Was pulling into my driveway when I noticed one of my neighbors standing outside his garage. Invited him over for a beer and the next thing I know were BBQ-ing and polishing off a bottle of tequila among four people. The night ended with his wife literally face down on my dining room table. Good times.

Unplanned parties are always the best. Fact.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That does sound fun and spontaneous, nice one :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

No longer having full range of motion in my left ankle pretty much rules out manual transmissions for me (unless I got a wheel on the right side of the car, in which case my difficulty would be the gas peddle so still out).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Another 10 hr work day. I have another one in a few days. I've gotten a lot of OT these last months. Getting a little tired, but I guess the money are worth it for now. Can't wait for the trip to Germany. I just need to get away from home for a week. I might also drink myself senseless on one or more occasions while I am there.

I was supposed to be having dinner with someone I met last week. I might be in trouble because I really like this one. She's my dogs new vet. I felt a little foolish asking her out, sort of like that guy in the Garfield comic that only takes him to the vet so he can hit on her. But she said yes! Then cancelled on me. Oh well. I am undeterred! At least for one more attempt. then I'll be deterred.  

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I am apparently wiser than Wals, His words, not mine.

Calax: Also, anymore, my idea of a relationship is finding somebody who's crazy balances out your own
Walsingham: You are wise, Calax
Walsingham: wiser than me on absinthe
  • Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Feeling old and tired. Don't remember much of what I did the last week. Tried to focus on a task with the result that the absence of braincells for motor skills lead me to drop a cup of coffee on the floor. Ah well, annual leave is only 6 months off :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I was supposed to be having dinner with someone I met last week. I might be in trouble because I really like this one. She's my dogs new vet. I felt a little foolish asking her out, sort of like that guy in the Garfield comic that only takes him to the vet so he can hit on her. But she said yes! Then cancelled on me. Oh well. I am undeterred! At least for one more attempt. then I'll be deterred.  

Theory: You seemed hesitant due to said apprehension, which is why she cancelled. Apart from that: aww.

Beautiful day outside, woke up of my own accord around six, so feeling a lot sharper than usual in the morning.

Always be prepared to accept failure when asking a lady out. Its normal and shouldn't deter you from asking anyone else out afterwords even if the date is a disaster.

You should bring Tommy with you to the restaurant you go to, that would show your commitment to our four legged friends :p

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Being somewhat scattershot today. My mind seems to be in one of those odd "churning fast without getting traction" times. Lots of useful thoughts starting to half-form, but when I try to focus on any they kind of slither off.

So decided to change track and deal with some other things and see if not focusing on them works better.

Also, something keeps setting the dogs off so there's the chorus of barks every  now and then. All of which the cat is sleeping through, so I guess that's a blessing.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Weather? Weather here could be best described as beginning nuclear winter.

Its been awful the past 3 weeks now, and its getting colder. Its raining non-stop, night temperatures drop below freezing and its windy here like on a bad day on Saturn. I haven't seen the sun in weeks.

Its almost June and it feels like November, its crazy, it should be 20C° warmer that it is right now.   Worst spring /  early summer ever,   :getlost:

We had freezing sleet last Friday. FREEZING SLEET CUTTING MY FACE! IN MAY!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Being somewhat scattershot today. My mind seems to be in one of those odd "churning fast without getting traction" times. Lots of useful thoughts starting to half-form, but when I try to focus on any they kind of slither off.

So decided to change track and deal with some other things and see if not focusing on them works better.

Also, something keeps setting the dogs off so there's the chorus of barks every  now and then. All of which the cat is sleeping through, so I guess that's a blessing.

I'd almost trade this full lethargy for full-on-but-useless right now. Nothing seems to help.

Meditation, mother******s. Learn it.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

Yeah it seems to really help with those anger outburst.. ;)

Hey, I know HOW to do it. I'm just not doing it at the moment.

When I'm trying to discipline my thoughts I don't discipline my emotions. Fight everywhere lose everywhere, baby.

-Elwood Blues

After some stretches, was doing some one-step leg exercise this morning (just gentle stepping up and down the table like step platform) and something popped in one knee so it wouldn't really bend. Had to sorta twist/pull/massage the joint back into proper place, reminding me of when my thumbs were doing that some years ago.

Making me a very grumpy camper. I'm a gonna go lie down and sulk now.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The phrase "something popped" is not one I can imagine being good in a human body.

-Elwood Blues

After some stretches, was doing some one-step leg exercise this morning (just gentle stepping up and down the table like step platform) and something popped in one knee so it wouldn't really bend. Had to sorta twist/pull/massage the joint back into proper place, reminding me of when my thumbs were doing that some years ago.

That happened to me a few times a couple of years ago, my knee got really stiff and I couldn't bend it anymore, even with force. From my experience there are two things that can cause a stiff knee: the cruciate ligament gets stuck in the joint somehow and swelling of the meniscus.

Swelling of the Meniscus happened when I ran a long distance with army boots, because of the stiff soles my knees had to absorb the shock instead of my feet which resulted in temporary miniscus damage. 

If its not the latter it can be fixed very easily, let someone pull on your leg. (but don't rip it out!) 

What I did today: 

Somehow managed to trash a tooth, it broke in half and blood was fountaining out of it like crazy, guess I need a trip to the dentists. I just hope I don't need it pulled...

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Probably the ligaments. Just like with my thumbs/index and middle fingers four years ago. The latter had no grip strength/pressure tolerance (couldn't pick up/carry a dinner plate without using whole palm/both hands) and would pop out too. After about 6-8 months with splints and tape hand joints got better so these days I can pick stuff up again, but they're still a lot stiffer/number than they used to be.

Now it's the knees. Hopefully they'll get mostly better eventually too, like the hands. At this rate, a few years later it'll be my shoulders, then a few more it'll be my ankles, then maybe my elbows, and so on. It doesn't feel like the RA pattern/symptoms, but assuming some kind of progressive arthritis. Doc's tomorrow, maybe he'll have some enlightenment...not that I'm counting on that.

*whinge* :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts