What you did today

Rosbjerg

As Dylan Moran so correctly pointed out, we often judge a night's success based on how badly we were injured.

Today I overslept and missed a rather important appointment, which could end up having a bad ripple effect on my education as a whole. I hope it won't go that way, but I also accept the possibility (and responsibility) for it ****ing up. It means I miss an exam, which - if I don't get it fixed - might cause problems for the next semester, which might postpone my degree. You live you learn..

Fortune favors the bald.

As Dylan Moran so correctly pointed out, we often judge a night's success based on how badly we were injured.

Today I overslept and missed a rather important appointment, which could end up having a bad ripple effect on my education as a whole. I hope it won't go that way, but I also accept the possibility (and responsibility) for it ****ing up. It means I miss an exam, which - if I don't get it fixed - might cause problems for the next semester, which might postpone my degree. You live you learn..

That's not good, but I assume worse case scenario is that its a delay in your education?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

but I also accept the possibility (and responsibility) for it ****ing up.

Hahaha, I wish we had more students like you.

The ones I meet are all convinced it is the college's fault they missed important information given to them, important dates and deadlines posted on the academic calendar... important tests... their entire class schedule for three months...

...worse is when their parents are convinced of same... ;)

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yeah Bruce, it's not something that's gonna screw up my life, just a delay.. It's annoying sure, but I generally never get angry about things like that, it only tends to make it worse anyway.

Hahaha, I wish we had more students like you.

The ones I meet are all convinced it is the college's fault they missed important information given to them, important dates and deadlines posted on the academic calendar... important tests... their entire class schedule for three months...

...worse is when their parents are convinced of same...

The self-entitlement is strong in some of my co students as well. They are usually what we call "curling-kids", where parents have worked way too hard to make their life as smooth as possible, so when they meet any obstacle they just collapse with stress and go bat-****-crazy and start blaming everyone around them..

Interestingly I've found that staying humble is actually incredibly useful, people will go out of their way to help you if you simply start off charmingly thanking them and excusing for causing an inconvenience. I've gotten out of many a scratch (and extended many a deadline), simply by honestly apologizing and acknowledging the disposition. :) of course the trick is to not abuse it..

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

In way though, Ros, it only works because other people are such ****s.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yep, you learn to use an alarm clock!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

All alarm clocks are sadists. Don't trust them.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

All alarm clocks are sadists. Don't trust them.

My alarm clock awakes me by flashing a light rather than using sound.  I find it actually doesn't jar me awake like a rattling alarm, buzz or sudden pop tune.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I use the Deus Ex theme for mine. Doesn't actually wake me up, but annoys my sister to the point she'll come in and wake me.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So...essentially your alarm clock is your sister?

Exactly. Well on weekdays, on weekends I'm up at 0600 all by myself.

For my finals I paid a man to come in an throw water over me if I was still in bed at a certain time. I recommend it.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

But why do you still pay him to throw water on you if you're still in bed now that you don't have any finals?

• Like 1

For my finals I paid a man to come in an throw water over me if I was still in bed at a certain time. I recommend it.

The thought of that makes me laugh :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

But why do you still pay him to throw water on you if you're still in bed now that you don't have any finals?

People's fetishes are their own business, man.

• Like 3

But why pay a MAN to do it? :(

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Met perfect girl - hook up with said girl and have a blast.. Find out today that perfect girl has decided to move to another continent (indefinitely).. Now happy that we had a great time and sad that we can't repeat it. Hmmm.. Guess it's not really my day today.

Fortune favors the bald.

After being scanned and poked a little bit, pretty much as I expected: degenerative arthritis (osteoarthritis). Probably combo of hereditary factors, past/current injury stress blah blah. While not in the best shape I've ever been in, I'm nowhere near obese, so weight not a factor. Too much sitting in a chair on the computer probably has an effect/hurries things along, tho. :lol:

Since the only thing in the past that really helped the knees/legs was a smooth cycling motion (I guess it strengthens what needs to be strengthened, in my case, with least impact stress), plus I'm not really into going to the park/riding around city blocks every day, I'm looking for another exercycle type of thing. Problem is, most of them take up so much space and our house/garage is about the size of a large bucket, which is why I got rid of the one I had (plus it was very butt-uncomfy).

Anyone ever try something like these mini-cycles that consist of just the pedals? I think you're supposed to use them while sitting in a chair. Think that would work or are they terrible? MagneTrainer-ER Mini Exercise Bike Arm and Leg Exerciser (Amazon link)

They claim to work with arms too, but I'm not interested in that aspect.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Catching up on a few past episodes of http://thistleradio.com/'>The Thistle & Shamrock whilst paying bills and catching up on E-mails.

Edited by Tsuga C

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

I  have a lady friend coming over for dinner tonight... and hopefully breakfast tomorrow!

:yes:

• Like 6

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

After being scanned and poked a little bit, pretty much as I expected: degenerative arthritis (osteoarthritis). Probably combo of hereditary factors, past/current injury stress blah blah. While not in the best shape I've ever been in, I'm nowhere near obese, so weight not a factor. Too much sitting in a chair on the computer probably has an effect/hurries things along, tho. :lol:

Since the only thing in the past that really helped the knees/legs was a smooth cycling motion (I guess it strengthens what needs to be strengthened, in my case, with least impact stress), plus I'm not really into going to the park/riding around city blocks every day, I'm looking for another exercycle type of thing. Problem is, most of them take up so much space and our house/garage is about the size of a large bucket, which is why I got rid of the one I had (plus it was very butt-uncomfy).

Anyone ever try something like these mini-cycles that consist of just the pedals? I think you're supposed to use them while sitting in a chair. Think that would work or are they terrible? MagneTrainer-ER Mini Exercise Bike Arm and Leg Exerciser (Amazon link)

They claim to work with arms too, but I'm not interested in that aspect.

Being a product of my era, my emotional reaction was superbly developed:

:(

-Elwood Blues

People's fetishes are their own business, man.

What a man chooses to do in the privacy of his own ...attic...

-Elwood Blues

A vigorously brushed kitty is a happy kitty. If he could get any happier, he'd start jiggling like a gelatinous cube.

And I'll repeat myself...the Furminator deshedding comb is awesome.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts