What you did today

Rosbjerg

Today I'm doing some work around the house then watching the Indianapolis 500. Hopefully either Marco Andretti, Tony Kanaan, or Simona Di Silvestro will win.

I'd watch the Rays/Yankees game but I'm just disgusted with them right now.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Bought new dumbbells that only weigh 9 kg. My shoulder/chest is in a less than good condition. I've decided to take matters into my own hands and do my own exercises. 

Edited by Labadal

Finished my morning run and saw they are having a luxury sports car event at the football stadium. I've always wanted to drive a Lamborghini but I don't know the first thing about shifting.

Now off to the dog park and then to the range

Have a good one all

8844204494_16c88bf35c_h.jpg

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Went out walkin' with the spouse, then drove about around town, had a deli lunch, did a little shopping, came home, now time to play a game I think.

I've always wanted to drive a Lamborghini but I don't know the first thing about shifting.

It's not hard to learn. There's just this extra pedal you have to push down with a foot as you use a hand to move the stick into the next gear. Just need to borrow a friend's car or something. :)

But if you have bad knees or something else like that, they're not the best choice. My next car (in another 10+ years) will likely be an auto.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I didn't try driving "automatics" for real before moving down under. Seems like all rental cars come with it. Sort of miss the manual control sometimes. At least my motorcycle is still manual :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've always liked the sense of being more in control with a manual...that and sometimes, it's the periodic shifting that keeps me awake and a safe driver. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

If you want to learn how drive with a MT w/o killing yourself or the gearbox buy a PS3, driving simulator a'la Gran Turismo 5, get yourself a Driving Force pro steering Wheel + 3 pedals and blast away! Use a fast racecar and drive the German Nordschleife, thats 1000 gear shifts per hour. Drove the 24 hour race that way, sore arm + sore big left toe. 
Love it, so much more fun than automatic.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

My car now has the paddle shifting and fake manumatic mode but I never try to use them and unfortunately I don't know anyone with a manual transmission. I had an ex try to teach me once but that didn't go so well  :p

The range was really good also as my wife shot some pretty tight groups and her friend did awesome at the end as well, especially considering it was her first time ever firing a weapon

So, was in Helsinki for the weekend. IIRC there's a negative correlation between the height of ladies' heels and the economy: The worse it's going the higher the heels.

We're in deep ****.

• Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Finished my morning run and saw they are having a luxury sports car event at the football stadium. I've always wanted to drive a Lamborghini but I don't know the first thing about shifting.

Now off to the dog park and then to the range

Have a good one all

8844204494_16c88bf35c_h.jpg

That's a Ferrari, not a Lambo. Specifically a Ferrari 458 Spider.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Gumball 2013 was here in Copenhagen last weekend with The Hof attending, if I knew you guys were car entusiasts I would've taken pictures..

Cars like this all over the town, it was pretty cool. Of course at the same time we had a carnival, so it was naked ladies and diesel.. Buya!

3673d8f1287a469e9eb087ba386fbe25-4-origi

Fortune favors the bald.

^ I did not know that LMGTP's were allowed to drive on public roads, even under special conditions like events etc. Cool.  :w00t:

What I did today? I totally used a tiny spot of oxidation on my warknife sword as an excuse to go on a polishing rampage. Polished it with metal polish and cloth, the blade is now unbelievable shiny and thats how I like my steel. Polished steel has a very smooth surface and moisture will not make it into the pores of the steel to cause oxidation. Its funny how rust resistant polished steel actually is. 

/snip

That's a Ferrari, not a Lambo. Specifically a Ferrari 458 Spider.

Yes, I know the car in the foreground isn't a Lambo but the one coming up behind it is

Sorry, next time I'll try to put a pic that most prominently features the car that I'm referring to... like this one

8858096864_6bc5078cae_b.jpg

Was worried that there was only ONE car. Would be quite a disappointing exhibit :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Manly cars. Rawr. :)

Outside of trees falling, weather that feels more like end of winter rather than early summer (cloudy, sprinkled) and myself being a bit of a hobbled gimp, was a lovely holiday weekend. Bit o' family visit, ez walkin', shopping, lovin', good eats, all that jazz. Found a good small deli close by finally, too. Or at least, a decent one...a real deli, not a Togo's.

Well the weather turned from a nice and sunny weekend, to a seriously pissy downpour overnight and this morning..

For some reason I got pretty much no sleep last night, so I'm running through today on about 2 hours worth of dozing and some serious tea...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Perfect weather outside, landlord bought me a heavy-ish lunch... now fighting to stay awake in the office. Thankfully I bought a dyson airblade here, so I can blast my face.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Finally getting some rain here, but as usual it's a wussy shower. In any event will clear the air a bit, so that's good. Unfortunately summer's coming in - 30 C weather on the later half of the week.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Weather? Weather here could be best described as beginning nuclear winter.
Its been awful the past 3 weeks now, and its getting colder. Its raining non-stop, night temperatures drop below freezing and its windy here like on a bad day on Saturn. I haven't seen the sun in weeks.
Its almost June and it feels like November, its crazy, it should be 20C° warmer that it is right now.   Worst spring /  early summer ever,   :getlost:

• Like 1