Community Photo Sharing Thread

LadyCrimson

A few photos from the rock festival, bad quality because I only took my crappy old phone with me:

My humble portable domicile: (the olive one)

tentwoldan_zps39a5b1c3.jpg

NOT water, thats crap from the overflowing toilets. And at 32 Celsius you can Imagine the..intense smell. Some drunks bathed in that stuff like pigs. 

dirt_zps9f6b30ff.jpg

More trash. 

dirt2_zpsa99ccefb.jpg

Even more trash. 

dirt32_zps3cbed578.jpg

The only photo I took of the main stage, Airbourne (Aussie) was playing just before Rammstein. The lead singer was rocking really hard.   :w00t:

dirt3_zps7aa0b5c4.jpg

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Sweet jesus. Can't you get hepatitis from human faeces? Not to mention seven kinds of exploding intestine.

I can shut off squeamishness about poop in a good cause, but sleeping in it? It's the kind of thing I'd do to my worst enemy, but no one else. Come to think of it, isn't there a buddhist hell a lot like your festival? Being boiled in crap...

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

All festivals look like that. And it smells like sweat, piss and alcohol.

It gets extra fun when it rains.

Views_of_roskilde_556892a.jpg

Looks really cool Woldan - is it mainly metal or just rock in general?

Fortune favors the bald.

Just because your Roskilde is a God-forsaken mudpit doesn't mean that festivals are SUPPOSED to be like that ;)

• Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Looks really cool Woldan - is it mainly metal or just rock in general?

The main stage was mainly metal and rock (The festival is called Novarock after all) - Amaranthine, Dragonforce, Rammstein, Airbourne, Kiss, Him, Korn to name a few; the other two stages had mixed stuff like Within Temptation, Deichkind, 30 seconds to Mars and a few other bands I didn't watch.

It gets extra fun when it rains.

Mother of god, that looks like fun, now I'm sad that I had such perfect weather.

Sweet jesus. Can't you get hepatitis from human faeces? Not to mention seven kinds of exploding intestine.

...and meningitis too.

Yeah, you can get all sorts of cool and exotic souvenirs from bathing in thousands of peoples excrements.

• Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

People sure are strange.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

There's always the Jazz festival. I looked through the program and I didn't recognise a single name. Not that I know a lot about contemporary jazz. Every event is like 50-150 DKK, I think they get a huge subsidy from the city so everyone can know that Copenhagen is the hippest happenigest jazz spot for 2013.

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

NOT water, thats crap from the overflowing toilets. And at 32 Celsius you can Imagine the..intense smell. Some drunks bathed in that stuff like pigs.

:x

...being someone who hates filth and especially smell - well, let's just say that I don't mind dirt, and not showering,  like when backpacking in the woods,  but that goes a bit beyond that. :disguise:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

And that's why all the fun ideologies came from you guys..

But not even as closely as fun as to what today's Anglo-Saxon axis is propagating.

You ****ing love it. Muahahahaha.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Those monkeys are quite clearly as high as chimpanzees.

Lucky bastards.

-Elwood Blues

They aren't dead, are they?

No.  :)

It was incredibly hot that day. The one on the bottom went up to drink some water 1 minute after that. The one on the top kept lying in different "sexy" positions.

Edited by Labadal

Friend of mine turned 25 a few days ago - here in DK, we celebrate that a bit differently (not my picture, borrowed from Imgur to illustrate what we do).

WdXgAHr.jpg

It's cinnamon, but usually not this much. :)

For an illustration of what happens when you turn 30, try googling "Pebersvend"..

Fortune favors the bald.

Yep, you people are weird. :p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Actually it's from the 14-1500s (I think) and was used to describe salesmen working for the Hansa trade leagues who would travel around Scandinavia and the Baltic regions selling spices, since they weren't allowed to fraternize with the customers they would therefore often remain unmarried. As the spice they sold was often pepper they soon became known as the Pepper-Bachelors / Pebersvende.

The tradition with Cinnamon is a lot younger (20th century).. But I don't know when exactly, mostly likely post WW2.

Fortune favors the bald.

Excuse the terrible pics, it's not art, just showing the size/amount of the erratic blackberry bush this year. ;)

Think I'm going to pick some in a bit to have over ice cream. Right after I finish munching on this delicious avocado fresh from the giant tree in the backyard, which at this point is the only way I like my avocados. The ones from the store now ... ick. Heh.

blackberry01.jpg

blackberry02.jpg

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts