Community Photo Sharing Thread

LadyCrimson

Crowds aren't frightening. Each individual is less alert and focussed than they would be normally. They go back down the evolutionary ladder and want simple things. If anything I'm less wary in a big crowd than in a small one. The only issue is if someone in the crowd is chasing you, but how often is that the case?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I have schizophrenic relationship to towns. I like living in one, but every now and then there's nothing better than being out in a summer cottage with only yourself, the sea, the cliffs and some sea-birds.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

You mean bipolar, right? Schizophrenia is something completely different.

As a crazy nature-worshiper I loathe cities and I'm so glad I don't live in one, I'd surely get sick in mind and body if I had to live in one of those horrible tight and all gray concrete jungles. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

You mean bipolar, right? Schizophrenia is something completely different.

As a crazy nature-worshiper I loathe cities and I'm so glad I don't live in one, I'd surely get sick in mind and body if I had to live in one of those horrible tight and all gray concrete jungles. 

No, he means multiple personality disorder. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The metro in Torino:

422681_10150669219719236_1282905350_n.jp

For four stations I was waiting for the train to stop and try to take the picture before the doors opened.

then I remembered there was a door just across from this one that remained closed...

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

@Woldan - people talk about earthquakes, but yikes, I wouldn't want to be in flood areas either.

@oby - that's practically a lake! ;)

@everyone - I don't like pushing/close crowds much, especially when I'm so short (it's like being at the bottom of a funnel of people, looking up at the sky way up there, haha), so I would be overwhelmed by the events in Ros' pictures. That kind of energy is infectious tho...I'd probably enjoy it from a rooftop somewhere. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Is that Vienna? The building in the last picture seems somehow familiar to me...

Edited by Nepenthe

Hans Hölzel aka Falco was a far relative of mine. RIP.

Is that Vienna? The building in the last picture seems somehow familiar to me...

Nope, its Linz, thats a big city about 250 kilometers west of Vienna.

The building you mentioned is the ''Lentos'', a modern art museum: (not my picture)

28331_linz_lentos.jpg

Linz after sunset. My apologies for the bad quality, my camera really sucks in low light conditions. :getlost:

Linz_2_zps2f473f7c.jpg

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I know Linz, I've just never been there. Must've reminded me of some other modern art museum, I guess...

I'm pretty sure I 've seen the combination of 'big ass cube' and 'weird ass external texture' before also.

Isn't there a BBC building on Marylebone with something similar?

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm pretty sure I 've seen the combination of 'big ass cube' and 'weird ass external texture' before also.

Isn't there a BBC building on Marylebone with something similar?

Didn't they do something like that in the London Docklands?

And when it is wierd ass external, then the bubblewrap thing in B'ham is all there...

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Now surprisingly, I didn't take this picture.. but dang I like it:

SoothingHawaiiMaelstrom_zps671e7541.jpg

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Now surprisingly, I didn't take this picture.. but dang I like it:

SoothingHawaiiMaelstrom_zps671e7541.jpg

I'm imagining it right now...

-Elwood Blues

I was looking through my SD card in my phone because I wanted to clear up some data.. and then I found this..

I don't remember hiding it (it was in a very strange folder).. It's from Feb or March 2008. It felt exactly like finding an old letter you'd forgotten all about. Strange..

billede020.jpg

Fortune favors the bald.

Why the hell aren't you wearing shoes?

-Elwood Blues

Actually I'm taking the picture (and wearing army desert boots) - that's my buddy I was traveling with. I remember I wanted to mock him for wearing a pink .. eh.. no idea what the English word for that is.

Edit: and yeah he did regret not wearing boots later.. Desert are not known for their soft ground or plantlife.

Fortune favors the bald.

Just to allow everyone a cheap laugh..

Going through various things and discovered a bunch of old photos.

I present fancy dress costume during my first cruise holiday.. When I was about 7 o r8 and on the Canberra somewhere on the seas by West Africa..

Embarassing.jpg

Edit: And actually, hm I think the guy in white was actually Lee Evan's father. He was the guy in charge of cruise activities on board back then.

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 2

And to follow on , I shall present a cat in sunlight, lurking....

NelsonSun2.jpg

I've posted the pic of my very young self dressed up as Princess Leia a couple times before, with the hair done up in side-buns - as well as one of me dressed as a tulip....I think this time I shall refrain.

And to follow on , I shall present a cat in sunlight, lurking....

:wub:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts