Community Photo Sharing Thread

LadyCrimson

Those eyes......

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

• 2 weeks later...

We're getting wind from the Sahara desert here in Austria. Its not only warm and dry making the spring weather really awesome, it also carries so much desert sand with it that the air looks a bit brownish-foggy. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

What spring?

Picture from March 30.  North Carolina 

20140330.jpg

I feel for you.  I call this spring time in Hartford, Connecticut:

o1XuHLR.jpg

That was taken at 9am March 31st, about 3-4 inches fell in the span of about 3 hours.  Luckily, it will be gone by evening as it's supposed to get up to high 40s today, but I've lived in Connecticut long enough to know that there is a reasonable chance that this won't be the last snow we get this "spring".  We've gotten snow as late as the last week of April before.  I imagine people in North Carolina aren't used to the weather we've gotten this winter and having snow this late in the year.  Here it's standard procedure, though this winter was one of the coldest I've every gone through in Connecticut.  We didn't have a February and a March, we had 3 months of January instead.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Here's a lovely sunset with a weird cloud formation I saw a couple of days ago, when I was gandering a few reluctant muscovy ducks on the western edge of my property. 

45th.jpg

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 5

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I feel for you.  I call this spring time in Hartford, Connecticut:

o1XuHLR.jpg

That was taken at 9am March 31st, about 3-4 inches fell in the span of about 3 hours.  Luckily, it will be gone by evening as it's supposed to get up to high 40s today, but I've lived in Connecticut long enough to know that there is a reasonable chance that this won't be the last snow we get this "spring".  We've gotten snow as late as the last week of April before.  I imagine people in North Carolina aren't used to the weather we've gotten this winter and having snow this late in the year.  Here it's standard procedure, though this winter was one of the coldest I've every gone through in Connecticut.  We didn't have a February and a March, we had 3 months of January instead.

This has been an abnormally long and cold winter.  But things are looking up.  :)  Spring does appear to be right around the corner. 

20140331.jpg

• Like 3

Here's a lovely sunset with a weird cloud formation I saw a couple of days ago, when I was gendering a few reluctant muscovy ducks on the western edge of my property. 

Sand dunes!....in  the sky? 

Edited by Woldan

@kgambit: What a lovely photo! :)

And btw. I got auto-corrected. I wasn't gendering or sexing any ducks. I was gandering them, hehe.

@Woldan: Yes! The colours were insane. The sky was on fire, and that formation was almost whirling. Still everything was calm.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Here, let me show you a few of them Muscovy ducks (very friendly birds, btw:

zzkc.jpg

The black-n-white one outside one of our outbuildings is the drake. The much smaller grey-n-white one is one of his ducks.

• Like 2

Winter has finally released its icy grip on Connecticut, so here are some pictures from around Bushnell Park in downtown Hartford.

The Capitol Building

ZwlIIgY.jpg

drJfJXo.jpg

5n39ujO.jpg

OtYfrTx.jpg

wfDVB0f.jpg

acILNda.jpg

tLUCsKc.jpg

Stunning picture quality courtesy of my cheap ass phone's 8 MP camera and the ****ty Android camera app.  Godrays courtesy of God.  ;)

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My dad and his wife stayed in groovy new six-story pool-top hotel here in Oceanside. Monday was the first cool, cloudy day in weeks that saw 100 degrees on the coast.

I still haven't removed the plastic film covering the backside of my phone where the camera lens is, because I don't know.

pier_zpsc3147e67.jpg

All Stop. On Screen.

• 3 weeks later...

Its just a photo of wild water (waterfall) shopped till I liked it, but the longer I look at it the more I appreciate it. It has a deep melancholic vibe for me.  And if you let your fantasy run wild you can see demons and strange figures in the water that look like they're trying to swim upstream. 

IMG_5630_zpsfa14bb28.png

Edited by Woldan

• 2 weeks later...

Took my camera with me when I went cycling through the countryside.  Even though I hate to disrupt my cycling rythm.  

cornfieldwold_zps81284a27.jpg

kornmacrowold_zpsaed201df.jpg

flowerfieldwold_zps312a9af9.jpg

flowerrcloseupwold_zps6fa80cae.jpg

Very exhausted Woldan and his trusty old steed. 

woldanssteed_zps6879f666.jpg

Its tradition here in Austria to build little fun displays with mannequins on the driveway when a farmer has their 30th,40th,50th,60th and 70th birthday. This one obviously belongs to a sheep farmer.

woldfunbirthday_zps446c3630.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...