Community Photo Sharing Thread

LadyCrimson

There's an "ignore" feature for a reason... :yes:

Not that it makes me sane using it. :no:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Probably a silly question, but why aren't you in the Army, Woldan? You bench, and run up mountains and shoot all the time. You could be being paid for it.

A question I get asked quite often.

I was drafted into the military when I was 17, there I quickly realized that I'm not military material.

Everything there felt so stupid and inane I had a hard time not to break into laughter all the time. The mind numbing routines, soul crushing senseless parades, never ending cleaning drills, having to obey the orders of single-digit-IQ Rambo-wannabe superiors and the completely nonsensical contradicting PT exercises made the whole army thing highly unattractive to me.

Marksmanship training and PT might sound cool to some people but to be honest as a target shooter I'm already a skilled marksman and I can use MY equipment and my handloaded ammo for practice which is way better than what the army issues to its professional soldiers.

About the physical training, I go hiking, cycling, mountain climbing and I do strength training which is far more effective than the trash PT in the army I've experienced first-hand. Its really that bad.

The payment really sucks.

Another thing that makes being a professional soldier very unattractive to me is the fact that Austria has lost its neutrality when we agreed to the EU contract thats says we have to give military aid to other EU members in need. However, the only country I'd risk my life for is Austria.

I cannot imagine me being a professional soldier because of the reasons mentioned above unless its either that or sleeping in the streets.

Sorry for the wall of text here but I just couldn't answer that question in just a couple of words.  :ermm:

• Like 3

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

No, no, that's cool. Always interesting to read other county perspectives. I was gutted to have crapped out of training at the time, but as I slowly ...congeal... I find myself not missing it.

I think in the main I'm getting disillusioned about getting rewarded for making significant effort. So many of the well off people I know or meet are complete hucksters. Not all, by any means, but so many.

Anyway, sorry. derailed it there for a while.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Indeed if he weren't apparently content I'd have already suggested a PMC.

A friend of mine who has the dual citizenship for Austria and the US is a private contractor and currently working in Afghanistan. Interesting as his profession might be his work times suck.  6 months in the sand pit, 6 months holiday and spending the money. The job pays VERY well though.  :o

mountainsgg2_zps9bab9316.jpg

mountainsgg1_zps2019dea2.jpg

• Like 2

mountainsgg2_zps9bab9316.jpg

Wow, damn! Great shot. Isn't this close to where that Hannibal guy failed to cross with some elephants ... my world history is escaping me at the moment.

Everything there felt so stupid and inane I had a hard time not to break into laughter all the time. The mind numbing routines, soul crushing senseless parades, never ending cleaning drills, having to obey the orders of single-digit-IQ Rambo-wannabe superiors and the completely nonsensical contradicting PT exercises made the whole army thing highly unattractive to me.

You might just make the perfect United States Marine. We'd love to have you on our side. :devil:     

All Stop. On Screen.

Look a bit like the Drakensberg, to me. What do you reckon, Bruce?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The photographer at my fav bar has a tendency to take a lot of pictures of me.. and then never upload them, apperantly I'm extremely unphotogenic.. I insisted he upload what he had of me from last night

1294276_201128870071363_1022260739_o.jpg

I see his point :grin:  - this is my attempt at a "natural" smile.

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

The next chunk of change I collect is going to be spent on visiting Ros and having him find me:

- a haircut

- several changes of clothes

- girlfriend

- long drink

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

DSC00216.jpg

Me two years ago. Still look the same essentially, but less clutter on the desk since I don't smoke anymore. :p

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I swear I never even saw the thing. Too distracted by the hair cascading over her decolletage.

A man could wake up next to her for many years before he got tired of the view.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

@ Rosbjerg: Is that a lip piercing or an unfortunate mole? I cant stop staring at it.

Piercing, it's one of those "alternative lifestyle" bars where everyone needs to have piercings in strange new places.

I think you'd love Copenhagen.. she's considered fairly average looking here.

Fortune favors the bald.

DSC00216.jpg

Me two years ago. Still look the same essentially, but less clutter on the desk since I don't smoke anymore. :p

It took me a couple of seconds to figure out where that long hair around your neck came from. First I thought its a creepy extra-long gravity-defying part of your beard thats growing over your shoulder down your back.

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I am a simple man, with simple tastes.

Of course, that's me speaking now. When I was her age I'd have probably given her hell, then run off to another country. :)

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

probably given her hell, then run off to another country.

That's some sort of new sexual euphemism then, is it?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I swear I never even saw the thing. Too distracted by the hair cascading over her decolletage.

Ok Wals, you need to get laid.

IMO, she would look pretty average over here. Although I personally find myself taking anything I can get when I amintoxicated, which is roughly 90% of the time I'm out.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

You young fellahs just don't understand how lucky you are. Being surrounded by beauty you artificially impose a normal curve.

-Elwood Blues

It took me a couple of seconds to figure out where that long hair around your neck came from. First I thought its a creepy extra-long gravity-defying part of your beard thats growing over your shoulder down your back.

I rofl'd at that, thanks! :D

I did try growing my beard long for a while, but getting past that half-long really annoying state where it's practically hopeless to keep it in order was too tall an order for me.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Me being slightly pissed off from spending an entire day chopping an f-ton of firewood for my mother.   :p

It was a Wood Golem, but now it's a Yule Log for everyone in town.

• Like 1

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/