Arcoss

How old are you?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• 10- 16(My parents don't know)
    • 17- 24
    • 25- 40
    • 41- 59
    • 60+(I was Playing video games were born!)

It's not the age it's the mileage.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

My body tells me it's spent 60 years dealing with my crap and it doesn't like me...

AKA I have "Old man back" and "old man feet" and a "trick knee" from my work at McDonalds.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

My body tells me it's spent 60 years dealing with my crap and it doesn't like me...

AKA I have "Old man back" and "old man feet" and a "trick knee" from my work at McDonalds.

There is a line from a song, don't remember which one but it" "I'm much too young to feel this damned old"

My favorite is a quote from Mickey Mantle "If I'd known I was going to live so long I'd have taken better care of myself"

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Eh, had that wierd moment when Heath Ledger died and I realized he was only a couple of months older than I.

The ones that got me were when I realized I was older than a lot of pro athletes, as well as when I realized I had lived more years without a brother than with one.

Edited by alanschu

Eh, had that wierd moment when Heath Ledger died and I realized he was only a couple of months older than I.

The ones that got me were when I realized I was older than a lot of pro athletes, as well as when I realized I had lived more years without a brother than with one.

Alan do you think you've reached the point in your life where you realize you aren't going to be an astronaut, or is this something you still aspire to? 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Alan do you think you've reached the point in your life where you realize you aren't going to be an astronaut, or is this something you still aspire to? 

LOL. I was just thinking about this yesterday, talking about the one way Mars trips. Good news is I decided that I kind of enjoy here, and some other bloke can do this one.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

LOL. I was just thinking about this yesterday, talking about the one way Mars trips. Good news is I decided that I kind of enjoy here, and some other bloke can do this one.

Don't go to Mars Walsie plzzzzz...you will be missed on earth far too much :yes:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I have an email address older than my youngest brother.

:grin: Well, my siblings are a bit older than when the internet first kinda took off in the mid-90s, but I did have a Hotmail account in their first year of business before they were owned by Microsoft.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are making me feel old. I was 25 when I built my first computer. It was a 486DX4 100 with an 80M HDD and had DOS 5.1 OS with Windows 3.1. Windows wasn't even an OS in those days, just a shell program. I remember all or Carter's, presidency and was watching the last time the Miami Dolphins won in the Superbowl. I remember when the Yankees were not even good, there was no such thing a microwave ovens, cell phones, and cable TV. I saw an e-mail awhile back that pointed out that kids graduating college today never lived in a world without the internet.  

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 2

Thomas Sowell

You guys are making me feel old. I was 25 when I built my first computer. It was a 486DX4 100 with an 80M HDD and had DOS 5.1 OS with Windows 3.1. Windows wasn't even an OS in those days, just a shell program. I remember all or Carter's, presidency and was watching the last time the Miami Dolphins won in the Superbowl. I remember when the Yankees were not even good, there was no such thing a microwave ovens, cell phones, and cable TV. I saw an e-mail awhile back that pointed out that kids graduating college today never lived in a world without the internet.  

But isn't it good to know you have lived through the greatest age of IT (Information Technology) inventiveness the world has ever seen?

We saw the birth things like TCP\IP and the Internet. We are lucky :)

John Milton 

He, when my mom was about my age, she and my dad made their living by selling computers (first retail computer shop in Portland Oregon). And my dad said most of their profit came from upgrading computers from a WHOPPING 16 kb of ram to a PHENOMINALLY FAST 32 kb.

Although it may have actually been 8kb to 16kb.

Also, officially 27 as of saturday.

• Like 2

Also, officially 27 as of saturday.

Happy B-day Calax :)

John Milton 

No kidding? Happy belated B-Day.

Thomas Sowell

Sometimes I think I feel old, then I realise I have no idea what feeling old feels like.

• Like 3

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Only two hours sleep after a night's drinking. I've just been zombied out, drinking tea and cooking all day. I feel as if I _ought_ to die from booze abuse at some stage soon. LOL

That's what old age feels like, at first. I reckon.

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Only two hours sleep after a night's drinking. I've just been zombied out, drinking tea and cooking all day. I feel as if I _ought_ to die from booze abuse at some stage soon. LOL

That's what old age feels like, at first. I reckon.

You and me both.. Good to hear that I have a few more years to go on at least. I decided to go for the soft landing and took a glass of Port after midday. But I actually enjoy these 'zombie' days. I had 3 buddies sleeping over, we were all slumped today.. listining to Django Reinhard, chillin in the sun, drinking tea and eating bacon.. Getting older rocks :D

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Sometimes I can't tell if I drink to get drunk or for the "after-drunk" zombie feelings. Watching movies or listening to music seems so much more rewarding in the latter state.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

No kidding? Happy belated B-Day.

Indeed no kidding.  Born on National Stoners Day.

Also Wals? I think that's in the wrong thread.

Edited by Calax