Most important points for project Eternity: great story and variety overall

My most important wish for Project Eternity, is to have a great (main) story. Please get all the writers you need for that, delay the game by a few month if you need, but get us a truly exceptional story.

Then I wish for *variety* at all levels.

Combat

Can we *please* have only interesting and varied combat? All cRPG suffer from this and I hope Project Eternity will be the exception. Having to clear a dungeon full of 400 of the same creatures (or minor variations of them) is very quickly boring and feels like work. Yes, it increase the time it takes to finish the game, but I'd take any day a game I can finish in 10 hours with only the interesting fights over a game with all the boring fights included that lasts for 40 hours. Or make it an option ("story mode"?). There are several possibilities for that, but the usual answer to lower the difficulty settings, is not a good way. It still takes *way* too much time to dispatch those boring enemies, and I'm a veteran cRPG player so I appreciate the challenge of boss fights with a high difficulty setting, and having to constantly fiddle with difficulty setting is annoying. There ought to be another way.

Companions

Variety in companions is great. Companions in PS:T were great and original, but their number was a bit too limited to really offer some choice, additionally, having a few companions you can romance with would be nice. The companion interaction, voice-over and romance in Dragon Age origins was possibly the only thing they did right but it was great, even though the companions themselves were a bit too smooth in general.

(Side)Quests

Please, get us variety, it should not be a 100 minor variations of fetch object X and kill Y. All quests without exception should be *fun*, or shouldn't be in the game.

Environments

I hope the game will match (or surpass) the diversity in environment that Baldur's gate 2 has. I'd like a game which goes from beautifull bright and colorful scenery to dark underground pits, with every strange/interesting place you can think of in between (in the air, on water, under water, in alternate planes, etc...). I also wish for great graphics (if I pause several times throughout the game just to look at the background, then that would be a success) but please don't invest too much energy into it. A game with a great story but okay graphics (like PS:T) is way better than an okay story with great graphics.

I clearly have high hopes for this game, but I think you guys can very well do it.

Thanks for reading me,

Gedd

• Like 3

Nice write-up, Gedd, and welcome to the forums! :)

There are lots of people tha agree with these points and have elaborated on them here. Just read away, many topics and suggestions here are really good and thought-provoking!

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Nice write-up, Gedd, and welcome to the forums! :)

There are lots of people tha agree with these points and have elaborated on them here. Just read away, many topics and suggestions here are really good and thought-provoking!

pretty much this.

Welcome to the forums! I look forward to seeing your contributions.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Ah, thanks for the laugh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

*Cough* Well, "many" is a relative term, and if this put a smile on your face, it made me happy too. But in all seriousness, there are in fact good and though-provoking threads here, no doubt about it. Visit other game forums and you'll notice a stark difference. Bliizard's Diablo 3-forum comes to mind. What a horror pit! :getlost:

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Companions

Variety in companions is great. Companions in PS:T were great and original, but their number was a bit too limited to really offer some choice, additionally, having a few companions you can romance with would be nice. The companion interaction, voice-over and romance in Dragon Age origins was possibly the only thing they did right but it was great, even though the companions themselves were a bit too smooth in general.

My understanding is that the number of preset companions is going to be limited so that the game developers can focus more attention on their interactions. The amount of voice-over work is also going to be limited due to budget constraints. But there will be a lot of writing. Lots and lots of writing.

:)

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

having a few companions you can romance with would be nice.

romance

romance

romance

romance

Well, this thread won't end well.

I'm surprised we already haven't had at least 3 pages of mudslinging or seen the English language repeatedly violated.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Well, this thread won't end well.

I'm surprised we already haven't had at least 3 pages of mudslinging or seen the English language repeatedly violated.

Now that you've pointed that one word out. Edited by AGX-17
  • Like 1