SW: The Old Republic Part 5

I just changed my level 50 Sith Sorc to a Chiss Sorc because I like blue more than red.

I haven't played in a long, long time can anyone tell me how hard/easy it is to get the HK companion?

EDIT: Can it be done solo? If not I'll probably never get it unless they sell it on the market

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

It's designed in sections. It's got a couple of Heroic (2+) that are possible to solo if you can figure out how to work them, but the lengthy chunks are solo. Although note, you need both a republic and an imperial character to actually get HK.

There's a Heroic 2+ that starts off the series of missions on Belsavis: Section X. Then another Heroic 2+ to go find some schemaitcs if I recall...

Then you get these really, really annoying "find" missions where you have to go to various planets and use a sensor probe in an area to find HK parts to dig up. One of these parts will always be on the capital world of both sides. So you'll need an Imperial character that can go to Dromund Kas, and a Republic character that can go to Coruscant. Both of those parts can be emailed across to other 'toons on your account. But there's about 5-6 parts in total. And it can take bloody ages using those sensors to find them.

Then there's a final Heroic 2+ back on Belsavis to put it all together.

And by solo'able, I mean you can stealth past sections, or you can get killed and move past sections as you revive to get through some areas of those heroics.

I would say that the heroic on the abandoned spaceship is incredibly good and atmospheric. It just has that downturn of incredibly annoying sensor probing following it.. which is just..soul destroying in part.

Oh, I know that once you've gotten HK for one character you can definitely use Legacy to pick him up for other characters on your account, but I don't know if you can pick him up via Legacy/Cartel if you haven't done it at least once.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Thanks!

I may wait until I'm 55 if those Heroics are that tough to solo

The final one is more in the "it has several champions close together" or a "one champion that the moment you engage has another one/two emerge from stealth" to make it awkward to deal with them all at once. But the "boss" battles aren't that hard to do , especially if you utilise your heroic moment and any legacy powers you have access to.

And HK comes with a complete set of level 50/51 gear.

Resilience gives 100% chance of resisting force and tech attacks, guess what that does to enemy knockbacks. About the flametrap I'm not 100% sure, if resilience doesnt work on that, then I guess there isn't a way to get immunity to that after all.

As for enviromental hazard, I use Force Shroud (resiliance) to protect against the huge damage and knockback that you get when you deposit the Gree Orb in the Pylon located in the PVP area of Ilum, the quest is called [PVP] Charging the Pylon

I soloed the HK quest line at level 50 on non-stealth characters and without dying much if at all. If you're used to running H2s solo it's not that hard.

I think that can come down to just what character you're using and how they're skilled. I know there have been H2's that I've walked through on one character that have been fairly murderous on another.  Hm, thinking about it, I think I've done best with either my stealth assassin or my tank/pure damage types. Healer's are a bit draggy, and my smuggler always seemed to get blapped around a lot on them.

Guest Slinky

I soloed the HK quests with my lvl 50 gunslinger with little trouble. I had mosty dread guard gear at the time though. With the gear the digital expanision brought the HK quest must be pretty easy.

True, I solo'd it with my Sith Assassin with no campaign gear at all. I had some battlemaster but not a complete set.

I think the question was more for a straight 50th level character who hasn't geared up, or been played for x months, how they'd find it.

I've started the questline and no problems so far, just got the first component on Tatooine, but I've already gotten to like level 52 just from finishing off the Voss bonus series and the Section X dailies. I'm a bit worried because someone said I have to get a couple parts from flashpoints. I don't mind flashpoints most of the time but I don't like the high level ones because I don't like sitting in the queue for an hour only to get yelled at for not knowing each map and every boss fight like the back of my hand 

Speaking of flashpoints, I'm wondering if anybody can tell me if the following in The Foundry is a bug or a feature (as in, the group has overlooked something twice):

There is an "achievement" for killing The Jedi Prisoner. We killed Revan twice and it's still listed as not completed. If Revan isn't the prisoner, who is? Or is the achievement just on strike.

Not that I care a lot about achievements, but some of them are nice hints that there are things and places that I've missed.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You need to run The False Emperor in any difficulty (could be only Story Mode even, not sure) and The Foundry in Hard Mode. False Emperor you only need to do until about halfway in to get the part.

Usually in a flashpoint if you at the start just say you haven't done it before most will be fine with it. There are still jerks, but they're rarer than you'd think in my experience.

Edit: Gorth, I'm pretty sure that's a bug. The achievements are a bit screwed up.

Edited by Spider

In my experience. there tend to be less jerks when you get to the higher level FP's... I like to think they get "weeded" out ;)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've got all the HK components except for the FP ones and have been sitting in the queue for a long while now

Times like this I wish I had friends who played the same games that I do

(note to self: get better friends)

• Like 1

I think asking on fleet might be easier than sitting in queue for the fp:s. might still be others thaat need them, and at lvl 55 you don't exactly need a standard group with tank, healer and 2 dps to complete them.

After only about an hour and a half of sitting in the queue and spamming general chat False Emperor is done and I gotta say I really wish you could side with Malgus.

Edit: Just saw a youtube vid of the new companion lol  :facepalm:

Edited by ShadySands

I re-upped for a month, got the itch to play.  It was great that I was able to transfer one of my high level characters from the east coast over to my main server on the west coast.  He's a trooper, so I think I'll play him.  Now to figure out what all these buttons do.

I re-upped for a month, got the itch to play.  It was great that I was able to transfer one of my high level characters from the east coast over to my main server on the west coast.  He's a trooper, so I think I'll play him.  Now to figure out what all these buttons do.

Which server are you on? I got characters on both the RP and PVE server, although Begeren is where my high level ones are.

Oh, and as for the Foundry, I think that particular achievement mentioned above is bugged. Completed it a third time and it still didn't get ticket off as completed. No big deal, at least I know I didn't miss anything during the mission.

Edit: With the silly double XP weekends, didn't really play a lot (apart from the above Foundry run), managed the hardest (first) of the two boss fights with only 3 man going in (healer gave up and left halfway through, one of the two dps guys filling in the role on a part time basis, keeping my tank alive, sadly no achievement for that. Otherwise mostly just trading and keeping the crew busy, getting close to reaching level 400 in several crew skills... and cherry picking quests that gives no or little xp.

I have all my characters on Bergeren now.  

:)

I've got a handful of characters there.

Republic: 'Xantrailles' (Trooper) and 'Alitass' (Smuggler)

Empire: 'MacRoth' (ex-Gorth) (Bounty Hunter) and 'Useedok' (Sith Warrior)

Got a sniper too, but haven't played him for a while.

...and a handful of low level characters used for variety.

If you want to, look up one of them some day, although it's most likely to happen on a weekend (time zone difference).

Alas, I'm still all on the one East Coast server so I seem to miss out on catching all you wacky folks around..  :shifty: