PS4

Bokishi

Hoping that games are locked to hardware, not accounts, being region locked, require constant online. I hope consoles are digital only, no used game market and games will be streamed to your console. Also no backwards compability. Focus less on games and make it more of an entertainment box. Make most games PlayStation Move compatible.

Hoping that games are locked to hardware, not accounts, being region locked, require constant online. I hope consoles are digital only, no used game market and games will be streamed to your console. Also no backwards compability. Focus less on games and make it more of an entertainment box. Make most games PlayStation Move compatible.

And from all the rumors we know, most of that stuff might as well turn out to be true.

Good.

Because it will gravitate more gamers to the PC.

But as Bok said, at the very least the PC ports should be a lot better. I'm more interested what devs are gonna do it terms of gameplay with the new hardware resources rather than just graphics fidelity. More memory, HDD requirments etc. should enable larger maps, more characters on screen, better physics etc. That's what I'm really looking forward to.

• Like 1

It will have support for 4K, as will many Blu-Ray players this year, HDMI 1.4. It won't be running games at 4K, it may not be running games at 1920x1080p30.

The graphics will be a new standard in this is what we'll be stuck with for the next 8 years for the majority of titles that are multi-platform. I doubt the graphics will be better than the best looking PC games around now. Especially when you take into account on PC those games run at high resolutions, which I'm still not sure the PS4 will target.

It's not going to be download only, it may not even be download optionally for any game with a external HDD (which should be completely feasible).

If they're going to lock games it's going to be to accounts but with reference to hardware, like Windows when you change some hardware, or Steam as a security measure makes sure you're you if you're using a different computer. So if you want to play a new game, you have to login through the internet to register it to the console, then if you want to play it on another console you have to login to your account. They may have limited transfer to stop account sharing, and it's a certainly they'll region lock and kill used games if they have such a system, because this is Sony we're talking about, they installed rootkits on computers for $10 CDs.

I haven't used it but I hear Move is much better for FPS games than analogue stick. I didn't like the Wiimote for them, I thought it was laggy and inaccurate.

Backwards compatibility will be either in the form of streaming like OnLive, or with releases like the PS3 has now. They can't afford to have the PS3 hardware packaged with the PS4, it's also too big and hot. The AMD hardware obviously can't run games made specifically for Nvidia hardware without breaking patents, this is the reason Microsoft gave for not having backwards compatibility with the Xbox 360. Also it's going to be hard anyway, Xbox to Xbox 360 went from X86 out of order to PowerPC in order, and PS3 to PS4 has gone the opposite way.

• Like 1

Somewhat related:

http://www.thetechgame.com/News/article/sid=4125.html

On February 19th between 7:10-12:30 +8GMT, SuperDaE was busy with a house full of unwanted guests. During this 5 hour Australian household raid, DaE was forced to follow them around his house as he watched them scavenge everything technology based in his possession.

Storming into his house was 8 Police Officers, followed by one single FBI Agent. Due to suspected server breaches, multiple counts of unauthorized server access and misuse of a computer. The companies who filed these complaints were Microsoft, Epic Games, Blizzard, Valve and Sony. DaE went on to say "Yo, everyone at this point just wants a piece of me".

The raid was conducted by local law enforcement with assistance from the FBI into the home of an Australian citizen. This clearly brings up recent memories of the iconic megaupload related raid into the home New Zealand resident Kim Dotcom by the FBI.

Everything from old unused computers, to a cellphone with a specific number was taken from his house. In a world where technology is everything, they left him stranded with nothing. They even froze his bank accounts. Multiple hours after the raid happened, DaE headed into a nearby town where he accessed a computer at an Apple Store. During his time on this computer he went onto an extremely popular site, Twitter. He sent out a few tweets about the raid, which can be found below.

If convicted SuperDaE is looking at 20+ years with a possible consecutive life sentence. It is extremely unbelievable that "Misuse of a computer" can land you more jail time than a "Manslaughter" charge.

We thank you DaE for sitting down with us to get this story right and wish you the best of luck in your future.

The American Nazi-corporate state strikes again.

Good.

Because it will gravitate more gamers to the PC.

Yup, moving to PC gaming. Project Eternity and Wasteland 2 call! Though I must confess that I had a really awesome time with the PS3. Edited by Astiaks

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Somewhat related:

http://www.thetechgame.com/News/article/sid=4125.html

On February 19th between 7:10-12:30 +8GMT, SuperDaE was busy with a house full of unwanted guests. During this 5 hour Australian household raid, DaE was forced to follow them around his house as he watched them scavenge everything technology based in his possession.

Storming into his house was 8 Police Officers, followed by one single FBI Agent. Due to suspected server breaches, multiple counts of unauthorized server access and misuse of a computer. The companies who filed these complaints were Microsoft, Epic Games, Blizzard, Valve and Sony. DaE went on to say "Yo, everyone at this point just wants a piece of me".

The raid was conducted by local law enforcement with assistance from the FBI into the home of an Australian citizen. This clearly brings up recent memories of the iconic megaupload related raid into the home New Zealand resident Kim Dotcom by the FBI.

Everything from old unused computers, to a cellphone with a specific number was taken from his house. In a world where technology is everything, they left him stranded with nothing. They even froze his bank accounts. Multiple hours after the raid happened, DaE headed into a nearby town where he accessed a computer at an Apple Store. During his time on this computer he went onto an extremely popular site, Twitter. He sent out a few tweets about the raid, which can be found below.

If convicted SuperDaE is looking at 20+ years with a possible consecutive life sentence. It is extremely unbelievable that "Misuse of a computer" can land you more jail time than a "Manslaughter" charge.

We thank you DaE for sitting down with us to get this story right and wish you the best of luck in your future.

The American Nazi-corporate state strikes again.

Who is SuperDaE?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

At least, I figure games on the PC (the big releases anyway) will start to look better as they can make games with some better tech in mind, instead of the ancient that they have to deal with now.

But I'm pretty doubtful they'd surpass current best PC's etc.

Leaked info about next gen console specs.

Which are? Is it something more than just listing clock speed? :disguise:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oh, so he much worse (in the eyes of the law) than someone has manslaughter and rape a hobby of theirs? No wonder people lack confidence in their governments.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Oh, so he much worse (in the eyes of the law) than someone has manslaughter and rape a hobby of theirs? No wonder people lack confidence in their governments.

You are comparing bad apples to bad oranges.

Even if you don't play consoles, the graphics on its games are also going to be a new standard for PCs as well

HAHAHAHAHAHAOh, you. *fey handswipe*

Sorry but the truth is PC graphics are indeed being held back by current gen consoles. It is why Crysis 3 looks no better than Crysis 1 (which is a 6 year old game now) because they wanted to make sure they can port it to 360 and PS3 easily. When devs forget about PS3 and 360 and start focusing on PS4 and 720, the standard goes up for PC as well, and we will leave this 7 year limbo that saw no substantial visual improvements in games since 2006

Even if you don't play consoles, the graphics on its games are also going to be a new standard for PCs as well

HAHAHAHAHAHAOh, you. *fey handswipe*

Sorry but the truth is PC graphics are indeed being held back by current gen consoles. It is why Crysis 3 looks no better than Crysis 1 (which is a 6 year old game now) because they wanted to make sure they can port it to 360 and PS3 easily. When devs forget about PS3 and 360 and start focusing on PS4 and 720, the standard goes up for PC as well, and we will leave this 7 year limbo that saw no substantial visual improvements in games since 2006

Thank goodness for that, my PC is 5 years old and can still run everything that comes out today pretty well.  In the past that would not be the case.