Easter eggs, references, etc. can be pretty entertaining depending on their subtlety. I think they work better when you either have to know what you're looking for, or if they're vague enough that even if you don't get the reference then it doesn't feel out of place. It's like getting a little reward for knowing a little something other people might not. Blatant, annoying jokes yelling out at you from the screen though? More irritating than fun.

I think there should be a law stating that all medieval-ish RPGs should include some kind of Monty Python and the Holy Grail reference on pain of being taunted a second time.

`This is just the beginning, Citizens! Today we have boiled a pot who's steam shall be seen across the entire galaxy. The Tea Must Flow, and it shall! The banner of the British Space Empire will be unfurled across a thousand worlds, carried forth by the citizens of Urn, and before them the Tea shall flow like a steaming brown river of shi-*cough*- shimmering moral fibre!` - God Emperor of Didcot by Toby Frost.

Eh, I'd rather the humour come from the story/character/setting not referencing funny (or supposedly funny) things from the internet.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

No worries there fellows, Black Isle titles had always original and hilarious humor, I believe they will continue tradition, in fact I would not mind actual living man-eating Brahmin as secret encounter :w00t:

"Have you ever spoken with the dead? Called to them from this side? Called them from their silent rest? Do you know what it is that they feel?

Pain. Pain, when torn into this wakefulness, this reminder of the chaos from which they had escaped. Pain of having to live! There will be no more pain. There will be... no more chaos."

Kerghan the Terrible,

first of the Necromancers,

voyager in the Lands of the Dead.