Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Did you miss out on the Kickstarter? PayPal options are still up... but not for long!

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

axan22

axan22

Oakheart Arch Druid of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
If people are having trouble with amazon check with your bank as mine had put a security check due to the amount and had to get that removed before amazon would accept my payment.

Monte Carlo

Monte Carlo

Vorpal Panzerfaust of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 6720 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:MonteCarlo
  • Kickstarter Backer
Darren, I've hijacked an armoured car full of gold bullion. Where would you like it delivered?

Wirdjos

Wirdjos

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, but if I donated via kickstarter say $100 and now I wanted to up my pledge to the $250 tier, is there still a way to do that? Also when is EOB? I'm in the UTC- 05:00 timezone.

Par4lyz3

Par4lyz3

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Backed it through paypal. Thanks for making me aware of this, missed out on the Kickstarter. Looking forward to following the development and eventually release!

Tamerlane

Tamerlane

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1125 posts
Ugh. It takes 6-8 business days to connect a bank account to PayPal. With Amazon's raging hatred for handling my money, I'm a wee bit nervous about all this...

mrpotatoman

mrpotatoman

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
The pack of cards is not available as a addon ?

Rostere

Rostere

Illuminatus of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1084 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

@The Guildmaster

Why are you planning to take Paypal down so soon? This is a little disappointing, as I was really hoping to grab one of the mid-high tiers in a couple of week's time. :mellow:

If you're worried about being fair to the people who pledged early via kickstarter under the assumption that the rewards were limited availability, I think a much better solution would simply be to change some of the Paypal tiers to make them a bit less compelling. For instance, the exclusive in-game items, signed physical items, beta keys, memorial stones, wasteland 2 downloads, and expansion downloads could all be removed from the Paypal tiers... along with the really expensive tiers ($1k-$10k) offering design your own content. Or perhaps bump some stuff up like the signed collectors edition to $1000 as the new highest tier, without NPC design.

This. I am unable to offer any money at all until somewhere in the middle of next month, but when I get them, I would gladly pledge upwards $500. I understand some things can not be bought after the Kickstarter has ended (such as forum badge, design a NPC and so on) but I should still be able to get a regular Collector's Edition, an Obsidian T- shirt and that kind of swag which do not depend on time in the same way. I fully understand that few people have such an irregular economy, but for us who do, it would be great if we could buy at least some of the stuff which was offered on Kickstarter.
  • Holy Cheese and -TK- like this

Saryth

Saryth

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Really looking forward to this project guys. Donated my bit.

HungryHungryOuroboros

HungryHungryOuroboros

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
All I want to know is if I can upgrade my Kickstarter pledge(either to another tier or buy getting add-ons) through PayPal. Otherwise it's kind of silly that someone who donated through PayPal can now upgrade their pledge while someone who didn't can't, but I can understand if it's too much of a hassle.

EDIT: Oh wait, end of business on Wednesday, as in TODAY? Nevermind then!

Edited by HungryHungryOuroboros, 17 October 2012 - 11:20 AM.

Industrial Scribe

Industrial Scribe

Cheesecake of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I am okay with an online store, helps bring in some money now and again. But please no repeat of kickstarter rewards, and please do not use the term 'late backers'. I turned away because of it.

Does that mean you backed out of getting the game??? Best update the Obsidian Order to show you left thread or jump on PayPal before they close it and you lose your O.O. title.

I don't see anything wrong with people who didn't hear about the project having till Christmas to pledge or Upgrade.

Preproduction has started and has a pot of cash that is a minimum. Obsidian has mentioned it is not doing full hiring or going into full production for a bit so a window while costs are still being assessed is available. During this period as much extra fund raising as possible helps us all to get a better game as more $$$ are gathered.

Admittedly to stop feature creep, no more extra goals/Endless path can be added to from this cash but the "polish" goal is a moving target and Alpha testing and iteration are things that will always be in a shortfall state. Any extra cash can be used on this and professional external Beta testing without messing with the core teams costs and goals to much (at least early in the project).

Unless Obsidian is certain that leaving PayPal open will heavily effect the viability of the forthcoming *Obsidian Store* it should be left open for a sensible "extra funding" period.

...But then again I have nothing to do with the Games Industry so guess it really is up to them.

CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE INFO TO GET MY TEETH INTO :)

Plasma Jesus

Plasma Jesus

Emperor's Champion of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Hey Obsidian, PayPal is just not working, I'm trying as hard as I can to get it working...I'm very sorry, I hope I can get it working before the PayPal closes...

bragi

bragi

Stargazer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Is PayPal option still up? Because it's not working for me...

Solivagant

Solivagant

Dragonblade of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I managed to pay through Paypal just now so it should work.

bragi

bragi

Stargazer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I managed to pay through Paypal just now so it should work.

Thanks. I'll keep trying it.

hideo kuze

hideo kuze

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
Is there any info if it's possible to upgrade your pledge with paypal?
It seems it would be unwise not to allow doing this... unless you don't like money.
Maybe during a month wouldn't be a bad idea.

I am potentially interested in adding the $20 audio CD, if Obsidian releases some more info on this.
I asked about it in this thread.

Pappi_man

Pappi_man

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
Happily pledged 25$

RaccoonTOF

RaccoonTOF

Enigma of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
According to this threaad: http://forums.obsidi...nd-what’s-next/

Paypal donations while it is still open can still be used for all tier rewards, shipping additions, upgrades to tier, etc - including upgrading kickstarter pledges to higher tiers - just by following the instructions listed there (make especial note of the "Special Instructions" section). Then as long as your total pledged amount (combined between kickstarter and paypal) is the proper amount, you can "distribute" the rewards as you like via email(s) that will be sent to you by Obsidian in the future.
  • hideo kuze likes this

CommissarMega

CommissarMega

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 37 posts

According to this threaad: http://forums.obsidi...nd-what’s-next/

Paypal donations while it is still open can still be used for all tier rewards, shipping additions, upgrades to tier, etc - including upgrading kickstarter pledges to higher tiers - just by following the instructions listed there (make especial note of the "Special Instructions" section). Then as long as your total pledged amount (combined between kickstarter and paypal) is the proper amount, you can "distribute" the rewards as you like via email(s) that will be sent to you by Obsidian in the future.

This is good to hear; I just hit my card's daily spending limit, and hearing that I can add-on in a few hours is heartening!

hideo kuze

hideo kuze

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
For how long will the paypal be open anyway?

PoetAndMadman

PoetAndMadman

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
I would like for it to be open till november, I have no money at all right now.. :(
  • AndreaColombo likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users