RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

Gorth

I just wanted to say that I feel I have sufficient challenges in my life to not look for challenges in my games. I'm more looking for enjoyment, entertainment, relaxation. Like I love reading and there is not a lot of challenge in reading books.

Edited by Orchomene

So you game for more than just the challenge then, right? Because I daresay that Ironman Impossible is probably the most challenging thing in gaming in quite some time.

Yes - complexity of the challenge is important to me.

And when I see that remake goes from 26 soldiers to 6 I lose interests.

I can't convince you otherwise. But as a long time XCOMer I love this change. 26 guys (most of whom are rookie dip****s that can't actually do anything and don't even get actively used in mission except maybe as scouts to exploit the fact that the original game doesn't factor in range at all when determining accuracy) does not equate complexity as far as I'm concerned.

Frankly, your loss for skipping on it if that's your deal breaker.

So you game for more than just the challenge then, right? Because I daresay that Ironman Impossible is probably the most challenging thing in gaming in quite some time.

Wow, yeah I don't know how much of a fan you were of the original, but you are seriously missing out.

In the original, I really only had 6-8 effective guys out there on most missions. That was my core squad. All they did was get rid of the fluffers :)

I've been playing the original and TFTD religiously pretty much every year. There is always a week or two where I get the scratch, I load up Xcom, and I play it like crazy. This is the first year where I know I won't be doing that. This game completely updates the franchise.

• Like 1

Just seen Way of the Samurai 4 was released on the PSN network for $39.95 on their store, thought to myself awesome going to buy it. Logs on to the playstation store..... Oh wait I'm in Australia, time to cough up $79.95 instead........... :down:

No PSN, not going to happen.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Why don't you have multiple accounts, each for a PSN store from a different country?

If Sony announces region locking for PS4, we're screwed. That's almost the case with Vita, though there is a workaround. With that said, I also have different accounts for different regions.

Wow, yeah I don't know how much of a fan you were of the original, but you are seriously missing out.

In the original, I really only had 6-8 effective guys out there on most missions. That was my core squad. All they did was get rid of the fluffers :)

I've been playing the original and TFTD religiously pretty much every year. There is always a week or two where I get the scratch, I load up Xcom, and I play it like crazy. This is the first year where I know I won't be doing that. This game completely updates the franchise.

I've only "dabbled" very little in the remake yet (just testing that the bought version worked after removing the demo), but I would say it doesn't have to be ashamed in the company of the original UFO - Enemy unknown. Not sure about comparing it to Terror From The Deep (which had some very different flavours of levels and environments) and it doesn't hold a candle to X-Com 3 Apocalypse, but then in my personal favourite list only JA2 gets anywhere close to that one.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

RIP Mike Singleton

One of the most brilliant game designers and a bloody genius has passed away. May there be no ice fear in your next venture Mike Singleton and thanks for all the nights spent on not studying :blush:

d020.gif

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Fancypants, I got access to the Witcher 2 REDkit beta. :D One from 100 of over 600 applications.

;( I'm so proud.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

No idea if that's sarcasm or something, but I really like it to have gained access- especially because I was tossing around mod ideas (quest / story) already since last month. Now I'll see how much I can get working from that and if it is good at all. I even re-read the first two of the books (the best ones, imo). Only in german, though.

I'll probably need to read them again in english to get a better feeling for the writing style.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

No idea if that's sarcasm or something, but I really like it to have gained access- especially because I was tossing around mod ideas (quest / story) already since last month. Now I'll see how much I can get working from that and if it is good at all. I even re-read the first two of the books (the best ones, imo). Only in german, though.

I'll probably need to read them again in english to get a better feeling for the writing style.

It isn't sarcasm. I assume you send bugs to a generic e-mail.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Rumor: Obsidian working on Fallout 4?

Not a chance. But in that case I'd love to be wrong.

Sounds very unlikely to me. The whole text about it. Wish to be proven wrong too, though.

The news article seems to be pretty bad anyway. The Fallout Online-part is wrong too, as example. It was always clear that Zenimax was working on an Elders Scrolls MMO and not Fallout Online. Also highly unlikely that the new studio will work on a Fallout Online. Just can't imagine them working on and releasing two MMOs at the same time.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Pretty much sounds like something a fanboy/rumor fan made up on the spot. Not that I wouldn't like Obsidian to work on another Fallout title, but frankly, I don't really get the feeling that even another collaboration is likely, let alone Bethesda suddenly feeling that the IP they spent quite a lot of money buying (and that sold better/garnered better ratings on Metacritic under their direction) is in "better hands" with Obsidian, who apparently would decide "you know what? it's gonna be a-okay if we roll back to the old mechanics, it's not like the larger part of the sales comes from new fans who don't know about Fallout 1 and 2!"

Rumor: Obsidian working on Fallout 4?

Not a chance. But in that case I'd love to be wrong.

My cynical side says it's BS, doesn't sound right to me...I want it to be true though ;(

Reminds me of scam mails. Trying very hard to play on what people want to see to the point where they suspend scepticism. But like any good ex-dictators treasurer he just adds too much, rather than keeping the trolling simple.