Drows in this game ?

A setup like the celtic Seelie vs. Unseelie courts would be good; possibly with the Seelie representing order and the Unseelie chaos. Hence, the Unseelie would have strange, evil powers and be allied with wierd mutant creatures like giant spiders with a stinger tail, &c.

Edited by rjshae
  • Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

You want dro go to the wizards of the coast, they gots dro lots of 'em, seems everything they do now has something to do with them. Me I had it up to here with the damned things.

If there's one thing I'd beg the devs not to include, that would be dark elves.

Drow or dark elves is one race I would rather not see, if we have bad elves I would rather they be more unique and have sound sociopolitical reasons for being so, also dark skin for an underground race, not well thought out.

Apart from that I am not a fan, `Oh! we are evil because we like doing evil things for evil's sake... Oooo!´.

Agreement on both counts here. Plus, sickly pale skin always struck me as more 'evil' looking and scary anyway.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I'd rather not see drow/dark elves in the sense that I'd rather not see any inherently evil or good races. The aesthetics of the drow are fine and I actually like them quite a bit, but to be honest their background, society, and pretty much everything about how they are and their motivations are ridiculous and completely unbelievable. I's much rather see races/societies shifted far more towards neutrality and and everything else determined more on an individual level or at least a much smaller scale than an entire species.

I don't know. I never really liked the Drow much. Dark elves on the other can be interesting. I liked Bethesdas take on the Dunmer. I also really like the more traditional idea of the Seelie and Unseelie courts, like rjshae mentioned. Than again, in folklore the common elf is always kind of evil.

image-163149-small.jpgn3mec3.jpg

drows are proberty of the wizards of the coast and inventor of the forgotten realms. So using them in project eternitys world would cost for OE

Dota 2 by Valve has a hero called "Drow Ranger". The setting is not FR. I'm curious what was the "cost".

People, give the guy a break, he has different expectations and priorities for this game than some of you do.. so what?

I'm more amused that Obsidian released the map with the name of the lake cut in half, causing all sorts of perplexities. But I still like you Obsidian. ;)

Edited by Valorian

Rakshasa?

Still better than the Drow ;)

Aww, c'mon. The Drow are cool. Back-stabbing racist fundamentalist superhumans with magic resistance and leather/BDSM fetish. What's there not to love? Even the rampant gayness of the Chaotic Good Rebels Who Shun Their Kin's Wicked Ways can't completely obliterate the sheer awesomeness of this race.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

drows are proberty of the wizards of the coast and inventor of the forgotten realms. So using them in project eternitys world would cost for OE

Dota 2 by Valve has a hero called "Drow Ranger". The setting is not FR. I'm curious what was the "cost".

Although she is not really drow, but someone who was rised by drows (or so Dota 2 wiki says anyway). So I don't think that one can argue that she brokes any IP-rights.

But drow as "Black-skinned white-haired evil elves that live underground and have a matriarchial society that worship a spider goddess/moon goddes/god of thiefs/etc. gods what drows in FR worship", what is the thing, I think, asked in this thread is IP of the deceased Gary Gygax and WotC. But truth is that I don't know if WotC would go after their rights, but it would still be plagiarizing which I don't think would be very good thing when OE tries to build their own IP.

If they do have dark elves, it would be interesting if they didn't make them the 'evil' subrace, but perhaps maybe an oppressed minority or something? Since all elves are meant to be good looking maybe the dark elves are the ones who were cast out for not being 'pretty' enough? ;)

• Like 2

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams