New Vegas, for my sins

Cantousent

I'm an idiot. There are so many threads dedicated to New Vegas, there's no reason fo rme to start a new one. Please for forgive me for starting a new one. I am enjoying it, however, thank you. Mods feel free to close to delete this topic as extraneous.

Edited by Cantousent

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Hah... we are sooo going to leave this thread open! : :p

Edit to add: Any hints for somebody about to embark in Lonesome Road. Do I keep any of my gear, companions? Anything worth stocking up on before going there?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Not really. You don't get to have companions with you (you'll find one soon enough within the DLC). And there is an abundance of loot to find in it if you look around a bit. Maybe some Purified Waters but I'm sure you can buy those two within the DLC.

Just be sure to bring your biggest and meaneast guns.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Fatman: Check

Missile Launcher: Check

Pew Pew: Check

I've got a selection of plasma rifles, but never really worked out which ones performed better (my character focuses on energy weapons).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm stuck in Old World Blues. those damn scorpitrons are too durable, and I'm spending tons of ammo on them... even 100% Sneak can't save me :(

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Nothing can save you from the horrendous combat in Old World Blues (the respawning mobs really brought down my enjoyment of that DLC a lot for me). Even if you haven't levelled melee skill, the melee weapons you can find in OWB tend to work well against most things in there (what's it called... Proton Axe or whatever?).

The sonic gun thingie also works well against the scorpions with the Tarantula mode installed.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Use the energy ax to fight the scorpitrons. Even with really low melee skill you pwn them in seconds. In OWB you have to chose your weapons pretty much based on enemy type.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Fatman: Check

Missile Launcher: Check

Pew Pew: Check

I've got a selection of plasma rifles, but never really worked out which ones performed better (my character focuses on energy weapons).

Best energy weapon is a souped up lazer rifle. Shoots as fast as you can press the button but every round is on target, no doughnut spread pattern.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Hmm. Never paid much attention to lasers after the start of the game. I know the standard can get the scope, but I haven't really checked if gun runners arsenal adds anything with more punch. Or did you mean energy cells with more punch?

I actually think the regular Laser Rifle holds up really well even at higher levels because of what Gorgon said. Add a scope to the thing, and if you decent critical shot chance, then you got a hell of a sniper weapon. Fires really fast, no recoil to speak, scoped, and fires a lot of shots before you need to re-load. If you get some crits in then you can murder a lot of things from very far away.

One day I will replay NV and get to all the DLC's, not to mention Sawyer's mod, which I downloaded but never tried. I love the game but I played it so much, sooooo obsessively, it's going to take a while before I can go back to it. Either that, or maybe I'm afraid if I start again, I'm going to become that obsessed again. :lol:

Glad you're having fun with it, Cant ... it's a great game!

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

One day I will replay NV and get to all the DLC's, not to mention Sawyer's mod, which I downloaded but never tried. I love the game but I played it so much, sooooo obsessively, it's going to take a while before I can go back to it. Either that, or maybe I'm afraid if I start again, I'm going to become that obsessed again. :lol:

I'm an idiot drunkard.

...But I wanted to respond to this one because I'd spent so much time on it before the dlc that I'm in the same boat, Red. When I started this latest game, I ended up with tons of stuff popping up in my inventory and then I walked outside and I got another slew of messages about all the new areas, level caps, and the like. It's total comedy. I ended up selling most of the stuff for the caps, but I have to say that I'm looking forward to the new content in the game, but the way the merchants are right now destroys the feeling of having to horde and conserve resources in the early game. Fun time, though!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

When I tried to replay I got bored right after getting the Chip back.

I always ran out of momentum after reaching Vegas too, but that was true of my very first run as well. I'm a sucker for a simple revenge story. Up to that point it was a personal quest, the game thereafter was doing a job.

Yes yes, I'm a heathen who wouldn't mind a little more linearity and gets a little overwhelmed with too many options. Not that it wasn't still my game of the year though...

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I felt like that after Skyrim, the game was supposed to last me a year but I just blitzed it like an addict for three or four months, seen it all now. Also yay for Sawyer's mod, it makes the game insanely difficult at some points :thumbsup:

Yeah yeah! lol

Finally made it to Primm. Good times! I have a way to go before I get to that part of the game. Will I let the lottery winner live this time? bwahahaha

Obsidian Plays

I'm sure Boone misses you.

EDIT: I saw the lottery winner get chased around by a bunch of radscorpions my most recent playthrough. Was entertaining.

Edited by alanschu