President Obama

Humodour

Regarding pay disparity in the US, the difference is within 5% when extraneous variables are controlled for. Given that men are on average more aggressive about their wants, that 5% almost certainly comes from them attempting to put the extra effort into getting raises or promotions beyond the norm.

As for the Lily Ledbetter FUD being pushed by the left, the SCOTUS decision had nothing to do with denying discovery after the 180 days when the discrimination occurred. They explicitly left that question open regarding Title VII suits. As they are supposed to do since it never came up in the trial. Ledbetter learned of the purported discrimination(There was never a finding of fact on it at all IIRC) within the initial 180 days. She then waited over 6 years to file the lawsuit, just before she decided to retire and wanted all her back pay and benefits updated to reflect that. The Supreme Court said that you cannot learn of the fact and then sit on it until it suits you to file a lawsuit under the old law(Under the new law you can). Which was perfectly correct.

As for women being cold and self serving, no more than any other human. Of course, given my general view on humanity that doesn't say much, but still.

Edited by ravenshrike

"You know, there's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it"

"If that's what you think, you're DOING IT WRONG."

A point I'd like to make. Obama still is wishing to close gitmo, but is being blocked by Congress and the states (who are of the NIMBY mindset in relation to the prisoners). He even said he wants to set up provisions to re-limit the power of the executive within the American system.

But then he says that he has the right to assassinate US citizens by presidential fiat as well. He isn't exactly consistent on such matters.

Did Obama win the debate without losing to the American people? (As in being more hawkish than Romney)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Did Obama win the debate without losing to the American people? (As in being more hawkish than Romney)

Obama won by letting Romney magically transforming into the YES MAN! who says "Well I think that the President took the right course of action!" to everything, but has to dad "I would have done it BETTER!"

Seriously, it seemed everyone of his major questions that he answered came off sounding either A)like he didn't have a complete grasp of what he's getting into, or B)that he would just have done what Obama had. Romney would have been a little tougher on Iran, would have been a little faster with sanctions, would have just done everything better. While the (Bias) feeling I got from Obama was that everything he'd done, had been done as fast as he could, and Romney's declarations of "I'd have made diplomacy faster!" ignore the real side of things where Obama had to suck up to various heads of state to get things done.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Isn't that alarming that Romney agreed with Obama?

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

^Is he stuck in the 1950s or some ****? I would like to see him actually define "Communism" before he uses the word.

The only thing this election seems to be good for is reinforcing my hatred of politics and give me more of a reason to game and spend absurd amounts of money on comics.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

So according to yet another Republican Senate candidate, this time in Indiana, pregnancy resulting from rape is just part of god's plan. Reading between the lines that sounds rather like claiming that pregnancies from rape are a gift from their god. Even without reading between the lines, it's a damn horrible comment to make.

Romney endorses this candidate and refuses to dis-endorse him for his comments.

Hurlshot, tell me again how the Republican party is actually pretty moderate and us foreign observers don't understand how things really work over there? Because I feel like I'm getting a pretty clear picture of an emerging religious extremist party akin to those found in the Middle East.

http://www.google.co...d86ea1ac7fc.4c1

The really sad thing is that the Senate candidate which this tea party moron beat was Republican Senator Richard Lugar - a reasonably moderate guy (only by Republican standards) who was known for being willing to work with the Democrats to some extent. Fat chance of that with a teabagger.

From Wikipedia:

"Lugar is currently the third most senior senator, behind only Daniel Inouye and Patrick Leahy. He is also the longest-serving Senator in Indiana's history, and is the most senior Republican member of the senate. In 2012, however, he lost the Republican primary for a seventh term and his service in the Senate will end in January 2013."

Edited by Krezack
  • Like 1

I'd think they would, they're living in it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So according to yet another Republican Senate candidate, this time in Indiana, pregnancy resulting from rape is just part of god's plan. Reading between the lines that sounds rather like claiming that pregnancies from rape are a gift from their god. Even without reading between the lines, it's a damn horrible comment to make.

Romney endorses this candidate and refuses to dis-endorse him for his comments.

I found his comments reprehensible. He did clarify it by saying he wasn't saying that Rape is part of Gods plan but the act of falling pregnant. So he is still opposed to abortion but condemns Rape. I still have major issues with what he said, what about pregnancy due to incest. Would he seriously expect the women to have the child? His comments need to be unequivocally condemned by all Republicans and Romney, and I am not seeing that.

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Gary Johnson: "Our biggest national security thread is the fact that we are bancrupt!"

No wonder the mainstream media didn't want to air what Third-party candiates have to say. Americans just cannot handle the truth.

I watched some of your video, but there is only stomach so much of Russia Today. Seriously, it is like the Fox News of Russia, only even more biased. I do not even consider it a legitimate news source. All of this also reminds me of similar rape comments that British MP, George Galloway made not that long ago, which generated similar controversy, but at least he lost a job as a columnist over it. It was a really bad move on Romney's part to continue to accept the backing of Mourdock, and I don't see how that could be positive for his campaign. He stands only to lose support from women over this, which is a group that he is already trailing in, behind Obama. I still think that Obama is looking very likely to be re-elected, especially since he now appears to have a huge lead over Romney in early voting in Ohio.

Edited by GuybrushWilco

Twitter: @Chrono2012

Well, atleast they are consistent.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Most republicans will allow a loophole for your abortions if it's in the situations of either incest or rape.

Most republicans will allow a loophole for your abortions if it's in the situations of either incest or rape.

Huh, I thought it was only if the pregnancy threatened the life of the mother.

Well that's later term. I'm meaning if a girl gets knocked up by daddy's molestations or getting raped, they can get abortions in the first trimester. But this is also on the delightful spectrum of how conservative somebody really is, because on the far far far right you get people like King, and Cobert's "Team Rape" (see last nights episode for details) who think that rape is either caused by the woman, or there's such a thing as "Legitimate" Rape.

Gary Johnson: "Our biggest national security thread is the fact that we are bancrupt!"

No wonder the mainstream media didn't want to air what Third-party candiates have to say. Americans just cannot handle the truth.

I watched some of your video, but there is only stomach so much of Russia Today. Seriously, it is like the Fox News of Russia, only even more biased. I do not even consider it a legitimate news source.

I agree. Russian TV is the most biased and propaganda fulled News Channel I have ever had the unfortunate pleasure of being afflicted to watch.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well that's later term. I'm meaning if a girl gets knocked up by daddy's molestations or getting raped, they can get abortions in the first trimester. But this is also on the delightful spectrum of how conservative somebody really is, because on the far far far right you get people like King, and Cobert's "Team Rape" (see last nights episode for details) who think that rape is either caused by the woman, or there's such a thing as "Legitimate" Rape.

I dont follow. Abortion is legal in this country for any reason up to whatever the gestation limit is. I dont know what the rest of your post is referencing. This republicans rationale for saying rape victims that become pregnant is god plan is only to say he feels all pregnancies are gods plan, regardless of what circumstances caused the pregnancy. It has nothing to do with rape and everything to do with him being pro-life.