Best Party Size  

171 members have voted

1. 1. What Size Party is Best

I like 6 but I should state that:

a) having a stat (like charisma) modify the maximun can be good.

b) you have them with you ALL the time (unless the story takes some companions, they decide to leave or you decide to leave them). The modern "you have this crew but you have to choose only 2 to go with you JUST BECAUSE" is no good.

c) I'm willing to accept a lower maximun if it means more developed characters and/or bigger pool of potential companions.

this

• Like 1

I like 6 but I should state that:

a) having a stat (like charisma) modify the maximun can be good.

b) you have them with you ALL the time (unless the story takes some companions, they decide to leave or you decide to leave them). The modern "you have this crew but you have to choose only 2 to go with you JUST BECAUSE" is no good.

c) I'm willing to accept a lower maximun if it means more developed characters and/or bigger pool of potential companions.

this

seconded

i think it really depends on the classes, for example, in DAO, as you have just 3 classes you can go with 4 guys in the party and have 2 warriors(tank/dps) , 1 rogue(thief), and a mage that is both dps and healer, so you dont need more people in the party, but with more classes, if they're truly different, you' need more people because each class will have a very specific role.

if there's any mistake that doesn't allow you to understand what i mean, forgive me, i'm spanish :)

Edited by robersend

I say either allow us to take every party member with us, or have actual in game reasons to leave people behind and have varying party sizes.

I, personally, would not mind if they dictate to us completely who is available when. You can get tons more interesting conversations and planned events when you know what characters are in the party--and it makes the game more interesting if your party makeup is constantly changing.

Grand Rhetorist of the Obsidian Order

If you appeal to "realism" about a video game feature, you are wrong. Go back and try again.