STEAM!

Gorth

I loved Far Cry 3, but it did get a bit repetitive after a while. And I really wish there was some sort of progression in that game (either RPG mechanics or STALKER-ish weapon upgrading). There is actually kind of a weak RPG system in the game, but it felt too shallow and easy for me.

I would still recommend it though. Great game.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Far Cry 3 is the one I'm voting for. I hope Blood Dragon is part of the sale.

I can't play Dishonored and already have Borderlands 2.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I can't play Dishonored

Why not? I found the story stupidly shallow, but its still really fun game.

Because I haven't upgraded from XP yet. I'm saving that for my next build.

So Expeditions: Conquistador is 50% off. Is it worth pouncing on, despite the rules, or should I truly wait until a better deal (possibly) comes along?

It's worth the full price without a discount in my opinion. The major patch was just out a couple of days ago as well, so most little annoyances people had before, you should not encounter.

Any opinions on Endless Space? Looks cool but has a crap metacritic score.

Great game. One of the better recent 4X (or is it 4E? ) games. It is very user friendly, with tooltips for everything. Diplomacy kinda seems to work (which is sadly not a given in games). the visuals are beautifull. You have a lot of research options. It does a lot of things well.

Combat was something people did not enjoy originally, but apparently the Disharmony expansion takes care of that. I haven't tried the expansion yet.

The problem may mostly be that by doing everything quite unobtrusivly well, people easily overlook that it is a very well made game. In other games you can say gameplay sucks but the story is awesome. Or graphics are crap but the gameplay is the best ever. In Endless Space you don't really get that kind of high and low: it is a very well crafted game which had a possibly disappointing rock/paper/scissor combat. And that leaves people remembering the one thing they disliked and forget that they have nothing to say about the rest because everything else worked unobtrusively in the background, letting players enjoy the game.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

So Expeditions: Conquistador is 50% off. Is it worth pouncing on, despite the rules, or should I truly wait until a better deal (possibly) comes along?

It's worth the full price without a discount in my opinion. The major patch was just out a couple of days ago as well, so most little annoyances people had before, you should not encounter.

-snip-

Cool. Might just pick it up then. 

Any opinions on Endless Space? Looks cool but has a crap metacritic score.

Great game. One of the better recent 4X (or is it 4E? ) games. It is very user friendly, with tooltips for everything. Diplomacy kinda seems to work (which is sadly not a given in games). the visuals are beautifull. You have a lot of research options. It does a lot of things well.

Combat was something people did not enjoy originally, but apparently the Disharmony expansion takes care of that. I haven't tried the expansion yet.

The problem may mostly be that by doing everything quite unobtrusivly well, people easily overlook that it is a very well made game. In other games you can say gameplay sucks but the story is awesome. Or graphics are crap but the gameplay is the best ever. In Endless Space you don't really get that kind of high and low: it is a very well crafted game which had a possibly disappointing rock/paper/scissor combat. And that leaves people remembering the one thing they disliked and forget that they have nothing to say about the rest because everything else worked unobtrusively in the background, letting players enjoy the game.

SOLD!

Thank you for the feedback.

SOLD!

Thank you for the feedback.

You may of course end up like some of us: trying to remember why exactly it is 7AM. What it is you have been doing all these past few hours. But realising that whatever it was, it must have been captivating because you did say at 2AM that you'd play one more turn ;)

Or at least that's what happened on my Automaton playthrough. I was just going to wrap up this war my alliance with the Amoeba had gotten me into.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Well, Tomb Raider 50% off.

Wait for daily!

Nothing I want yet. And yeah, as usual, don't buy anything that's "merely 50% off", wait for it to be a daily deal or flash deal or community deal or whatever.

Also, not surprisingly, Steam works like crap ATM.

Voted for Dishonoured btw.

Sell the cards you don't need and buy the ones you do with other Steam Community members. If you aren't interested in badge-crafting, you can also turn the cards into Steam Wallet funds to buy more games.

Now that sounds interesting. The badge stuff sounds really useless, but now I read you can get money for it for other games? Sign me up, take all the cards you want. XD Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Wait, you can turn those trading cards into money?  I thought they were just worthless trinkets to look at.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

You may of course end up like some of us: trying to remember why exactly it is 7AM. What it is you have been doing all these past few hours. But realising that whatever it was, it must have been captivating because you did say at 2AM that you'd play one more turn ;)

Or at least that's what happened on my Automaton playthrough. I was just going to wrap up this war my alliance with the Amoeba had gotten me into.

:lol:

I finally got through and bought it. I see it has a multiplayer component so maybe after I get my feet wet we can get a game going, time zones permitting.

Gamers truly have the memory of goldfishes. Not so long ago, people all hated Steam because they were forced to have it with HL2. Everybody said it would be a flop, because "who does not want the game on a CD"?

Look at the situation now: http://gaben.tv/

Meanwhile, the XBox One gets torn to pieces while it does basically the same things, only potentially better.

For shame, Internet. For shame.

• Like 1

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

The Newell/Valve worship sure is strange.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wait, you can turn those trading cards into money?  I thought they were just worthless trinkets to look at.

You can sell any inventory item for real money.