What are you playing now?

Have you seen Mass Effect 3's? Or Diablo 3's?

I am surprised people still put weight in Metacritic these days with the mass sabotage going on...

Agreed. Metacritic is broken, it's become a customer complaints / grudge mechanism for the hive-mind.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Playing So You Want To Be A Hero (Quest For Glory 1 EGA OLDSCHOOL Vesion!) Never played this series and just bought it on GOG. I have neber played these before. And text parser. How quaint! I'm probably going to die horribly... many many times :(

I suggest you play as a Thief, and make the Thief Sign to everybody you meet.

I think CFG1 is the only one of that series that I've actually beaten. I was terrible at the combat system, and I don't think I had worked out that the games are structured such that you really need to spend some time grinding your skills higher in order to succeed.

Edited by Enoch

Playing So You Want To Be A Hero (Quest For Glory 1 EGA OLDSCHOOL Vesion!) Never played this series and just bought it on GOG. I have neber played these before. And text parser. How quaint! I'm probably going to die horribly... many many times :(

I'm surprised you didn't just go for the VGA version, it is pretty slick and eliminates the need to type everything out. It came with your purchase.

Taking my character from QFG1-4 is still probably the most rewarding character progression I have ever had in a game. Eat your heart out Mass Effect, Sierra nailed it 25 years ago.

dragons dogma comes out tomorrow, i'm enthralled with diablo 3 right now, but i hope some people pick up DD and post their thoughts on it, the game looks very interesting imo

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

My copy of Dragon's Dogma is already on the way. Review are mediocre mostly, but the few reviewers who put lots of time in it tended to be more positive. I'm not sure what is the cause and what is the effect in that equation.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I think CFG1 is the only one of that series that I've actually beaten. I was terrible at the combat system, and I don't think I had worked out that the games are structured such that you really need to spend some time grinding your skills higher in order to succeed.

I decided on the Fighter, and yeah... I suck at this kind of combat as well :( the whole timing crap, I'm bad at it. But I'll figure it out. I plan on trying all 3 classes. Really enjoying it so far. And the

and playing with my MT-32 is GLORIOUS <3

I'm surprised you didn't just go for the VGA version, it is pretty slick and eliminates the need to type everything out. It came with your purchase.

I decided on the EGA version first as in IIRC 1 - 3 all use text parser? So it would just be weird to do the VGA point and click, then back to text parser for 2 - 3.

Edited by Jaesun

QFG2 is the only text parser game, and it was actually remade by fans and is available for free if you don't want to deal with that. I remember as a 10-year old it was pretty tough having to type everything in!

QFG3 is a big jump in graphic actually, I thought it was a beautiful game.

Edited by Hurlshot

QFG2 is the only text parser game, and it was actually remade by fans and is available for free if you don't want to deal with that. I remember as a 10-year old it was pretty tough having to type everything in!

QFG3 is a big jump in graphic actually, I thought it was a beautiful game.

Ahh OK. I for some reason was thinking 1 to 3 were all text parser. I'll assume then QFG3 is when they finally moved from the 16 color limitation. heh

I decided to go with another play through of Alpha Protocol. I'd never gotten around to trying the Recruit background, so I went with that this time.

I still hate sneaking around, so I'm playing more of a run-and-gun Thorton.

I'm going to try siding with different factions this time, though for whatever reason, I tend to gravitate toward the same characters even when I'm trying not to.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I decided on the Fighter, and yeah... I suck at this kind of combat as well :( the whole timing crap, I'm bad at it. But I'll figure it out. I plan on trying all 3 classes. Really enjoying it so far. And the

Play a mage, when something too hard comes along, just spam flame darts. :D

Button mashing is the way to go for the fighter. But you need to work a lot in the stables and take lessons from trainer to be able to beat ogre, kobold and minotaur.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

dragons dogma comes out tomorrow, i'm enthralled with diablo 3 right now, but i hope some people pick up DD and post their thoughts on it, the game looks very interesting imo

I'm picking it up (and reviewing it, assuming my copy isn't so late in the mail that it's just pointless). I have to say, some of the negatives pointed out in the reviews strike me as a bit weird and ultimately come from different design views than mine (too difficult, no fast travel, no level scaling), but I also can already see how some problems that I noticed in the demo and streams might actually be in the final game (writing that makes Oblivion seem like a literary masterpiece, very limited variety in quests, same-y boring environments).

I'm picking it up (and reviewing it, assuming my copy isn't so late in the mail that it's just pointless). I have to say, some of the negatives pointed out in the reviews strike me as a bit weird and ultimately come from different design views than mine (too difficult, no fast travel, no level scaling), but I also can already see how some problems that I noticed in the demo and streams might actually be in the final game (writing that makes Oblivion seem like a literary masterpiece, very limited variety in quests, same-y boring environments).

The writing seems to be the consistent complaint. With combat being fairly consistently complimented.

Even one of the guys who loves the game (I believe it's the OXM UK reviewer) can only say that "you'll never see it coming" for the ending. That's about the best he could say on that.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The writing seems to be the consistent complaint. With combat being fairly consistently complimented.

Even one of the guys who loves the game (I believe it's the OXM UK reviewer) can only say that "you'll never see it coming" for the ending. That's about the best he could say on that.

Honestly, the game having atrocious writing is the least of my problems, because they don't really seem to be pushing it on the forefront. All of the gameplay I've seen points to a game that very much pushes you to "play" rather than watch cutscenes, and that's well and good. Writing probably will still hurt it, because it's really SO BAD from what I've seen, I can't even believe it, but not too much.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

i want the game to be like a dark souls/skyrim hybrid - but I am a bit concerned that there only seem to be a small handful of weapons in the game, whereas dark souls had tons of different weapon types, all with very different move sets and attributes

edit: hmmmm, after doing some reading im seeing a few "features" that have me thinking i'll wait on this one

- no lock on in combat - a 3rd person melee combat game without lock on targeting? i can't fathom playing dark souls without the lock on target

- only one character - apparently you can only make one character, and when you want to make a new one you have to delete your old one? in a game with multiple classes? why... what? someone needs to look into this more because this sounds completely insane to me

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i want the game to be like a dark souls/skyrim hybrid - but I am a bit concerned that there only seem to be a small handful of weapons in the game, whereas dark souls had tons of different weapon types, all with very different move sets and attributes

From what I've seen there is a nice variety, although as moveset goes, it's tied to weapon types, and to the abilities you choose to equip. Comparisons with Dark Souls will inevitably leave you unsatisfied though, it's a game that really does different things.

Button mashing is the way to go for the fighter. But you need to work a lot in the stables and take lessons from trainer to be able to beat ogre, kobold and minotaur.

OK thanks for the tips!

DD sounds like Kingdom of Amalur.

Also have to agree no fast-travel or auto-leveling is more a pro than a con.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Deus Ex: HR is one of the ugliest games I've ever seen.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: