What you did today

Rosbjerg

It's not like you're 80 and nearing death.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well right now you just feel really old because I work with a bunch of teenagers.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

And appartly the person I was supposed to go out with tonight got pissed because she thinks that I broke her hypnosis last night (we went to a show)... And I didn't do a bloody thing except point at her.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Today I found out that I'm a Jew...kinda, we always knew we were of German descent but it turns out they were German Jews, my great grandfather apparently kept the faith and owned several jewellery shops in London, I got a chuckle from how stereotypical it sounds, makes me wish I knew more about my family history.

Been supporting the British economy all day. I can't find my amex, but I'm hearing a distant whimpering from a corner in the hotel room. >_<

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Warm and summery, which I like. High ambient room temperature making the PC temps go up...don't like. It regularly gets 80F-85F by noon in here, most days. Time to put the A/C in the window. Might need a new unit this summer...

Played some Diablo3 beta (meh). Did some yard work between bouts of sitting in the shade drinking cold water. Thinking about dinner. Mellowness.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Went to FanExpo Vancouver. Nicholas Brendan is actually incredibly funny, as is Adam West, though that one isn't as surprising.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I was sitting outside on my upper floor balcony (I live in a two plan house), about an hour and a half ago, reading my new Warhammer Empire army book, enjoying the last sunshine of the day.

Then suddenly the screeching of tires started, seemingly going on for a long time and you know something bad is going to happen. Fortunately there is a small house on the corner property blocking the view to the crossing. When the sound of screeching tires gets replaced by the sound of metal getting twisted for a very long time, you know something bad has happened. When the screaming starts, you know somebody's day just got ruined very badly. Sort of proud that I didn't run down and stare, as I'm normally curious to a fault, but somewhere I probably knew enough about what happened and didn't need the visuals. Lots of police, ambulances, rescue vehicles with heavy equipment and eventually the "cleaners".

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

After having overcome the challenge of Pineapples, I've createe a new obstacle for myself to overcome... I've bought a coconut!

According to the instruction manual, the first step is not so complicated, stick a skewer through one of the three "eyes" at then end and drain out the liquid. Sounds easy. Next bit however? Put in preheated oven at 200 degrees (celcius) for 25 minutes or until it starts cracking. I better make sure I have a fire extinguisher handy. Then tap coconut with hammer and cool of white stuff in cold water. Good thing I got some powertools. This is going to be interesting.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

What? Cook a whole coconut? Raw coconut "meat" is the way to go. Just break it open with a hammer and start eating. It's what I've always done.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

What? Cook a whole coconut? Raw coconut "meat" is the way to go. Just break it open with a hammer and start eating. It's what I've always done.

That's not what it said in the manual :huh:

Maybe I should buy a second coconut. Then I can try both approaches...

I'm sure the oven thing would work too. I just don't like heated coconut, and it isn't necessary. Raw pieces straight out of the shell is the only way I actually like coconut. Don't like it in dishes/confections etc. :)

More than one way to crack that giant nut: http://www.wikihow.com/Open-a-Coconut

I'm sure the oven thing would work too. I just don't like heated coconut, and it isn't necessary. Raw pieces straight out of the shell is the only way I actually like coconut. Don't like it in dishes/confections etc. :)

More than one way to crack that giant nut: http://www.wikihow.com/Open-a-Coconut

Awesome page, thanks :sorcerer:

I like "thwack" better than "tap", but I'll give it a try. It seems like the benefit of heating/freezing the nut is an easier time getting the meat removed from the shell. I might just try it with a blunt spoon first.

I once bought two coconuts and then just smashed them together. One of them broke and the liquid came flying out. But I could eat the white inside..

Unfortunately I can't remember if I ever managed to get the other one open too.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

On iron chef they always just crack it like an egg with the back of their cleavers. Looks so easy.

Anyway, 2nd day of FanExpo, Michael Dorn and Marina Sirtis were incredibly entertaining. Marina is hilarious and still looks damn good. Was kinda sad seeing only like 40 people show up for Jeremy Bulloch though. Looking forward to next year.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Clearly you underestimate the psychological hurdle taking a hammer to a nut represents to a man.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well tis an intensely wet and miserable day here. The sky is grey and the downpour is heavy.. The garden is definitely a mud pit.. But at least the dogs are somewhat settled.

Trying to figure out what I need to do this afternoon and whether I have motivation to actually do anything. For some reason I keep having semi-flashback memories of an old girlfriends voice, has that hazy sort of recall and old emotions.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."