What you did today

Rosbjerg

Today I discovered Jameson Gold Reserve Irish Whiskey. It is not cheap, but it is smooth as a satin sheet with a hot redhead on it. I've got a glass in hand, one of several, and the Classic Vinyl channel on my XM radio blasting. All in all a pretty good day.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Told in no uncertain terms to take a day off, by my one-up. Slept for 12 hours.

Dreamed about a 'Mr Handy' robot and I travelling across Cuba. It turned out that the robot's personality had been copied from a German actress. It kept spazzing out murderously whenever a love song came on the the radio. Pretty cool.

I have, however, contracted a cold, and lost my voice.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Told in no uncertain terms to take a day off, by my one-up. Slept for 12 hours.

Dreamed about a 'Mr Handy' robot and I travelling across Cuba. It turned out that the robot's personality had been copied from a German actress. It kept spazzing out murderously whenever a love song came on the the radio. Pretty cool.

I have, however, contracted a cold, and lost my voice.

Sounds like I'm a few steps behind you, been having weird work-related dreams all week, now feeling a bit under the weather and some growing muscle pains. Tempted to make a joke that surrounded by lawyers, nobody's going to send me home, but they did do it the last time I was sick, so...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Today is day six of my three week vacation. And it looks like a good day to go fishing.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I have decided that GD and I should team up to solve a crime of some sort. He has all sorts of guns, and I have a supercilious eyebrow. Plus we can keep making comments about the other's homes. Crawdads and cricketbats, or something.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I have decided that GD and I should team up to solve a crime of some sort. He has all sorts of guns, and I have a supercilious eyebrow. Plus we can keep making comments about the other's homes. Crawdads and cricketbats, or something.

Screw the fishing, I'm in. I say Holmes, whats our first case!

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Screw the fishing, I'm in. I say Holmes, whats our first case!

I don't know. I guess we should aim for something on culturally neutral turf for both of us. I guess we could investigate postal fraud in Tijuana, or art theft in NYC. Or counterfeit waffles in Bruges.

-Elwood Blues

It's official. I don't understand the world or the "current generation" on many things anymore. I'm a gonna lock myself in my room now and pretend it's still 1977. :D

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's official. I don't understand the world or the "current generation" on many things anymore. I'm a gonna lock myself in my room now and pretend it's still 1977. :D

Care to elaborate?

Dude, you're old enough to know she doesn't have to elaborate.

-Elwood Blues

My New Year's resolution was to start to work out and lose weight. I've been a bit lazy these last days after doing really well earlier, so today I decided I had to use the exercise bike again. I was going to do a 10 kilometer program that goes uphill the entire time. Ended up cycling 18 kilometers. I felt half dead when I was done, but boy does it feel good now. My weight situation got a bit out of hand 4 years ago when I lost my job, and I after I got a job again, I really didn't do much about the weight situation. I weighed 102 kilograms at one point. I know it isn't much, but I've managed to lose 6 kg so far and I hope to continue to lose even more. Had troubles with my back and other stuff, I realized that I'm not even 30 years old and I still have the choice to do soemthing about it. That was what made me give that promise. The loss of those 6 kgs feels good and I already feel physically better. It does make me feel mentally better too, more energy etc.

:banana: Gotta be healthy.

• Like 1

Good luck on that, Labadal. Just bear in mind what happened to poor Sand.

-Elwood Blues

Yeah, I know. May he rest in peace.

Plus I have to worry about diabetes. My mother has it, and her aunt has it. My father's mom and and dad have it, plus his sister and two of his brothers. I'll do my best to stay healthy. Don't want to join the group.

Anyway, time to play some Avadon, think I've reached the halfway point of the game.

WDeranged: Same here. Video games, movies and books are my biggest interests. Oh, and watching sports.

Edited by Labadal

My New Year's resolution was to start to work out and lose weight. I've been a bit lazy these last days after doing really well earlier, so today I decided I had to use the exercise bike again. I was going to do a 10 kilometer program that goes uphill the entire time. Ended up cycling 18 kilometers. I felt half dead when I was done, but boy does it feel good now. My weight situation got a bit out of hand 4 years ago when I lost my job, and I after I got a job again, I really didn't do much about the weight situation. I weighed 102 kilograms at one point. I know it isn't much, but I've managed to lose 6 kg so far and I hope to continue to lose even more. Had troubles with my back and other stuff, I realized that I'm not even 30 years old and I still have the choice to do soemthing about it. That was what made me give that promise. The loss of those 6 kgs feels good and I already feel physically better. It does make me feel mentally better too, more energy etc.

:banana: Gotta be healthy.

/highfive

I've been over 100 kg but I'm nearly two meters tall. Theres a gym right next to where I work, and I wouldn't mind looking a bit more muscular, or rather look like I had any, but I can't be arsed bringing a change of clothes every day. If I don't commit to doing the gym thing every day my morale crumbles and lazyness wins over.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I'm a fat ****, I gained 20 kilos in essentially 6 months after the ex split and it hasn't been too rosy since, either. Unfortunately am at work on the dissertation even right now, so need to finish this thing first. Looks pretty good on that front, one more book on the way that I need to check, and then it's done...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I do miss our old place had a tiny gym in the basement of the building, nothing fancy but was easy to go down there and do 20 minutes on a bike or something light. Right now my immediate plan is just cut down on the sugar and try to walk home from farther out on my streetcar ride (much easier in daylight with summer coming as I have to walk under an overpass or through some somewhat sketchy areas to do so, heh)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You guys can do it. I had no motivation whatsover, but somehow I managed to keep going. On the other hand, I work out at home. Bought dumbells and an exercise bike, because I knew I couldn't be bothered to go to the gym. It will be hell at first, but you get used to it after a while.

Gorgon: I don't exercise every day yet, even if that should be my goal. I rest on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, because I don't feel like I want to burn myself out.

Edited by Labadal

So apparently I'm in the dog house because I didn't know it was Mother's day today...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yeah. I don't see tv adverts, I don't listen to the radio, internet news doesn't exactly flash up in advance warning.. Although I have seen a few adverts for the American mother's day..but that's a totally different date to ours. So it kind of crept up on me unaware of the date.

And the other 360 odd days of the year being her carer don't count.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."