Movies you've seen recently

Tale

Saw the new Conan flick with Khal Drogo.

Better than I feared, worse than I hoped.

On the upside, the capabilities of the actors were a lot better then the original.

On the down side, they went with a "my name is conan, you killed my father, prepare to die!" storyline.

I think thats what lost it a lot of points. The dialogue was the standard ropey sword & sandal type, but it looked fairly decent and they obviously worked at trying to deliver their lines with real intent.

Some of the fight scenes got a bit messy and hectic. I'd have liked to have seen where they'd have taken it with a sequel, but that's kind of doubtful now.

It looked good, but it had no tension. I think that's the biggest problem with this movie. Despite his godlike status, Khalar never seemed like he would be a match for Conan.

All in all, I enjoyed it for being truly a B-movie, but while The Scorpion King felt like a bad version of Ahnuld's Conan, this one felt a lot like a worse version of The Scorpion King. At least that movie didn't take itself so damn seriously while doing things so incredibly silly.

Bought some Ralph Bakshi moves from Amazon a few months ago. I'm probably going to Watch 'Fire and Ice' and 'Wizards' tonight, accompanied by a bottle of red wine, some crackers and some dip.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I picked up the "Complete Cary Grant Collection" some months back.

There's a time and a place for classic screwball comedy and dry lines delivered in an impeccable manner. ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Awkward product placement scenes are multiplying very fast this year. I don't particularly mind that every laptop is an Apple, but when they name the product and try to pretend it matters to the plot. It's just embarrassing to both the brand and the movie. But hey, anything for visibility and market penetration.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Awkward product placement scenes are multiplying very fast this year. I don't particularly mind that every laptop is an Apple, but when they name the product and try to pretend it matters to the plot. It's just embarrassing to both the brand and the movie. But hey, anything for visibility and market penetration.

The product placement for bmw in MI4 was actually kinda hilarious. Two second scene featuring their motion sensative map that the passenger and driver can use (superimposed on the windshield) that goes nowhere... a "lookout person" feature that's used twice... a cool concept car...

In other MI news, I just found this

http://www.switched.com/2010/03/05/mission...-laptops-baffl/

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

For the random trivia, during the shooting of MI4, Simon Pegg turned up on Top Gear to do the whole "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car", and apparently Tom Cruise gave him some ribbing about whether he'd manage to beat his lap time on that course..

Surprised it wasn't Tom and Simon showing up. I know that Tom has a love for the show. I've seen other episodes where the stars are talking about being ribbed by him on the Top Gear track.

Surprised it wasn't Tom and Simon showing up. I know that Tom has a love for the show. I've seen other episodes where the stars are talking about being ribbed by him on the Top Gear track.

Tom and Cameron turned up on the same week to do their lap when Night and Day was released. Tom actually managed the top track time which lasted awhiles.

Well, I know Cameron Diaz did that. And I think that Jay Leno mentioned Tom saying something to him (Leno is an interesting conversation because of how much Jay loves cars). Basically if there's an american on the show that has been near tom recently, he teases them abotu Top Gear. I'm surprised he hasn't found a way back on the show.

Well, I know Cameron Diaz did that. And I think that Jay Leno mentioned Tom saying something to him (Leno is an interesting conversation because of how much Jay loves cars). Basically if there's an american on the show that has been near tom recently, he teases them abotu Top Gear. I'm surprised he hasn't found a way back on the show.

There's only been about 6 or so shows since Tom was on. Top Gear has turned into a weird phenomena where they do a single season of 6 shows, and a couple of "specials" a year. But apparently it still manages to turn into one of the biggest exports of the BBC to the world.

You had a batch of american "big names" turn up on the show, but they were all the ones that were quite heavily "anglisised" or very big on the UK, such as Christian Slater or the like. In the last year or so tho, they seem to have started to have a few hollywood names who weren't UK born turn up to take the "reasonably priced car" around the test track and plug whatever they were currently doing.

With the success of MI4, which was directed by a director who previously only worked in animation, I hope that movie studios will give more animation directors a chance to direct live action movies. Specifically, I want WB to let the people who worked on Batman: The Animated Series to do a live action superhero movie.

Also, I had to sit through Star Wars: Episode One with my sister, and it was much worse than I remembered. The whole damn movie made no sense.

There's only been about 6 or so shows since Tom was on. Top Gear has turned into a weird phenomena where they do a single season of 6 shows, and a couple of "specials" a year. But apparently it still manages to turn into one of the biggest exports of the BBC to the world.

You had a batch of american "big names" turn up on the show, but they were all the ones that were quite heavily "anglisised" or very big on the UK, such as Christian Slater or the like. In the last year or so tho, they seem to have started to have a few hollywood names who weren't UK born turn up to take the "reasonably priced car" around the test track and plug whatever they were currently doing.

He was on in series 15, they've had at least a year since then (12 episodes).

Edited by Calax

Started watching my collection of Roger Corman "classics". About time to tear of the shrink wrap, as I've had them for a while. First off was Humanoids from the Deep. Sadly a dud. Bad, but not bad enough to be good.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The second season of Sherlock started tonight. Although calling three 90-minute episodes a season is kind of interesting.

Sherlock updated to 21st century London.

Stonkingly good episode. Introduction of Irene Adler, the only woman to outsmart Holmes, although their version was a 21st century Dominatrix. Very well played, and they managed to play out some serious chemistry and interplay between her and Holmes. Tensions, machinations, violence, and even quite a few funny sequences.

Well worth a watch.

Easily as good as any film, I'm being blown away by the Black Mirror series (available on 4OD). I didn't have time to finish the first episode last night and I actually woke up early today just to complete it. Charlie Brooker is the writer and he's shot up in my estimation.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Watched Valhalla Rising, 'cause JE Sawyer mentioned it in his twitter.

Holy Odin loved every single minute of it. The atmosphere, the pace...the tension, just perfect. Most importantly, almost no talk. That's why I like Scandinavian movies. :sorcerer:

Seriously, I don't get all these idiot comments why people couldn't sit through the entire experience, or why they got bored.

4.5/5

Bought some Ralph Bakshi moves from Amazon a few months ago. I'm probably going to Watch 'Fire and Ice' and 'Wizards' tonight, accompanied by a bottle of red wine, some crackers and some dip.

Fire and Ice rules if you're familiar with Frazetta's art and accept it for what it is. Wizards is silly but fun.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.