Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

CoM_Solaufein

when is the blasted toolkit being released? is it already out? its january now where is it!

Maybe Bethesda wants to prolong the innocence of their baby before it's completely corrupted by deviants ;)

I think not. Bethesda releases games based on the presumption that the unpaid masses are going to finish it for them.

... with hentai-themed nude mods.

All they wanted to include but never dared to.

Are you implying that Bethesda it's capable of the level of perversion that permeates the Nexus?

Of course. Just look at the poor mudcrab.

What about it?

You don't think its perverse to include a creature whose sole purpose is to pinch asses to get attention and then die from the inevitable overreaction on the players part?

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

when is the blasted toolkit being released? is it already out? its january now where is it!

Maybe Bethesda wants to prolong the innocence of their baby before it's completely corrupted by deviants ;)

I think not. Bethesda releases games based on the presumption that the unpaid masses are going to finish it for them.

... with hentai-themed nude mods.

All they wanted to include but never dared to.

Are you implying that Bethesda it's capable of the level of perversion that permeates the Nexus?

Of course. Just look at the poor mudcrab.

What about it?

You don't think its perverse to include a creature whose sole purpose is to pinch asses to get attention and then die from the inevitable overreaction on the players part?

I thought that you were going another way with that. Ass pinching its not nearly as depraved as the stuff on the Nexus, they do worst stuff to and with asses.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Killed the big bad in my first play through. Key points:

1. Civil war? What civil war? - Hardly any actual incivility besdies the fairly innocuous beheadings right at the outset. Lame. I saw more violence in the boyscouts. And I only turned up once.

2. Big bad? - Compare the chase through the big bad base with the one in STALKER - Shadow of Chernobyl. No playing with fight dynamics, no real pressure maintained on the plyer. No surprise teleports in. I'm only spoilering to lower disappointment. Also, at level 49 I killed the big bad in _3_ hits.

3. My god, it's full of stars! - Three times, in spite of my low graphics settings I've just stopped murdering and enjoyed the view. Once, underground, I completely stopped wanting to fight, and just wandered around speechless. For _30_ minutes.

4. Fight makes right! - I do enjoy the fight sequences and the kill moves. You do feel you're doing well. I could have stood more scattered scary blokes, but basically I'm good with the concept of mainly peons who get chunked.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

still waitin on that toolkit... i can't play the game now without seeing all the little things i want to fix once that god forsaken toolkit gets released

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

• 2 weeks later...

i'll wait till the beta is over, dont need borking of my game to fix bethesda sloppypatching

any word on that toolset yet?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i am becoming suspicious that we will not be getting the toolkit on time...

I've recently been fighting this feeling that I enjoyed Oblivion's main quest (with OOO) more than Skyrim's, it feels a bit heretical to be nostalgic for Oblivion, perhaps it was just the grind involved in closing all the gates but the idea seems far more daunting than defeating Alduin, I've already done it twice, it took me years to defeat Dagon a second time.

Maybe that's my real complaint about Skyrim, the quest lines are a bit short, it seems to be the trade off for having so much content in the world, it actually makes me hungry for some DLC, so basically my problem is that I want more filler combat? :thumbsup:

Neither one gives me a lore boner like Morrowind though, as a game I think it's almost broken but the story just yanks at something inside me, pretty much like PST does.

morrowind nailed atmosphere like few other games ever have. skyrim has pretty crap storylines all around BUT the world itself is pretty smartly put together and is very fun to just wander around (plus the game mechanics are ok). oblivion had OK storylines, but terrible world building and mechanics

actually, skyrim and fallout 3 have a lot in common now that i think about it... makes me wish even more that obsidian would get a crack at making a skyrim semi-sequel

morrowind nailed atmosphere like few other games ever have. skyrim has pretty crap storylines all around BUT the world itself is pretty smartly put together and is very fun to just wander around (plus the game mechanics are ok). oblivion had OK storylines, but terrible world building and mechanics

actually, skyrim and fallout 3 have a lot in common now that i think about it... makes me wish even more that obsidian would get a crack at making a skyrim semi-sequel

I would actually love collaboration with Bethesda doing Level Design and Obsidian handling the story and characters. Best of both world.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

I would actually love collaboration with Bethesda doing Level Design and Obsidian handling the story and characters. Best of both world.

Bethesda should work with BioWare so we can get proper romances.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

a bioware bethesda romance simulator sounds hilarious, you get a wheel with 4 random sounding words on it, pick one, then get a 12 minute cutscene.

example:

1. cottage.

2. goblin.

3. work?

4. interest?

Edited by entrerix

a bioware bethesda romance simulator sounds hilarious, you get a wheel with 4 random sounding words on it, pick one, then get a 12 minute cutscene.

I turned white and my spine shivered at the thought of that Randy Macho Dragon being romanceable.

I think we best leave BW out of this, they haven't been pulling good romances lately.

Besides, picture a character with the depth of Obsidian being romanced BW style. It just sounds awful.

village_idiot.gif

I've recently been fighting this feeling that I enjoyed Oblivion's main quest (with OOO) more than Skyrim's, it feels a bit heretical to be nostalgic for Oblivion, perhaps it was just the grind involved in closing all the gates but the idea seems far more daunting than defeating Alduin, I've already done it twice, it took me years to defeat Dagon a second time.

Maybe that's my real complaint about Skyrim, the quest lines are a bit short, it seems to be the trade off for having so much content in the world, it actually makes me hungry for some DLC, so basically my problem is that I want more filler combat? :)

Neither one gives me a lore boner like Morrowind though, as a game I think it's almost broken but the story just yanks at something inside me, pretty much like PST does.

Maybe not the dragon one. But there's a couple of other storylines which are actually pretty cool. Viz the thieves, and dark brotherhood. Also the mages.

The weakest is the warfare one. i tailed a legionary INTO the rebel capital. He went actually into the rebel guardhouse, sat down, and they had a chat. QWTF?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I haven't completed the Dark Brotherhood or the Thieves guild yet so I don't know how they pan out, the Mage's College was fun and lengthy but I thought it lacked a bit of background info, I have no idea why the Eye of Magnus was in Saarthal or why one of the Gauldur brothers (one of my favourite quests) was magically shielded by it, those magical flying sperm creatures that attack the town also have me scratching my head.

The Civil War was a let down, the set up was believable and interesting with so many chances for subterfuge and trickery but they boiled it down to a few assault missions with soldiers spawning out of thin air :sorcerer:

Bethesda's world building with Obsidian's quest design and writing would produce the game to end my social life, though I'd be happy enough if Bethesda just hired back a few of their old designers/writers, maybe they don't want to come back :shrugz:

Yeah, the civil war thing just broke my mind it was so weakass. OK, so they make Ulfric's story a little bit interesting. But that's it.

I try not to do it unless ordered to in game, but you can freely serve one side, and stroll happily into the capital of the other IN UNIFORM. Have a cup of hot chocolate and a brioche, chat with the guards. You name it.

~

You have to admire their determination to get fresh dialogue all over the shop, though. Even minor caves get little chats about features in the cave.

-Elwood Blues

other than the arrow in the knee speech, i've noticed a fantastic array of misc background chatter compared to oblivion, a huge improvement