Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Don't think so. The texture quality really does seem to be all over the place. It's very noticeable in some places, mostly interiors. You'll be seeing a good texture and right next to it is a horrendously bad one. It's not very consistent.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Don't think so. The texture quality really does seem to be all over the place. It's very noticeable in some places, mostly interiors. You'll be seeing a good texture and right next to it is a horrendously bad one. It's not very consistent.

The rock in this pic, for instance. :(

http://h3.abload.de/img/tesv2011-11-1021-48-0k5d23.jpg (might take a bit to load, their server seem slow)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

its probably so mixed because some textures are leftover from oblivion/fallout 3?

was that pic on low settings? it looked like it...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Played a bit more and my opinion has somewhat improved. Textures still suck but in places the game does look quite nice, especially when the warm lighting can do its thing; in snow-laden areas it's weaker, which is a bit weird given the setting.

Also found that (a) you can map the favourites to numbers so it's not quite as bad - sadly it doesn't do dual wielding very well; (b) the game did get harder and the draugr below gave me a lot of trouble on highest difficulty, though nothing compared to the Gothics or Morrowind's That Big Huge Mine.

You level up pretty fast and it feels like my stats are going up without trying, but the logic of binding level ups, perks and stats together is very good. I only wish they'd kept attributes and made them matter somehow - without them it just feels like you don't get to define what your character is like physically/physiologically, the character just becomes a thing you invest money/points into.

Got myself a Fury spell (incite target to go berserk) which I'll look to use creatively soon.

dungeon2.jpg

Example of good lookin'.

dungeon.jpg

draug.jpg

Had to fight these guys a few times as my sneak/illusion character couldn't stand up to them, but..

draug2.jpg

Realized stepping on that stone on the ground makes the door swing superfast - and you can see the spikes on the doors there. Just had to make sure I wasn't caught in it.

was that pic on low settings? it looked like it...

Don't know, the poster said he took them from Egaf forum users or something.

Just had a seeming random major issue with Firefox 3.6 borking up & crashing my pc something awful, maybe corrupted something in Win7. Installed FF 8 and it seems to be better but drat, I should probably reformat after all that. Don't wanna right now...too close to Skyrim. Hope I can hold off a while, hehe.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thread getting a bit long bearded...

More Skyrim this way

:(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein