Gaddaffi is dead

Morgoth

Caesar had to be stabbed in the senate, Louis XVI had to be guillotined for all to see. Advancements in our justice systems wouldn't have done away with the necessity. The loyalists needed to know that the battle was lost, now and down the line.

Of course it went rather poorly for the new regimes in my examples, but the logic is still sound I think. A small price to pay held up against civil war.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

All the news about Gaddafi had him attacking my dreams. He was watching Finland vs. some other nation football match dressed in Finnish colours. He even had his face painted with our colours and all I could think of during the dream was "Oh there's Gaddafi again supporting us, but where's Tarja Halonen".

Hate the living, love the dead.

I'm all for getting rid of dictators but the media's lust for blood and eagerness to show what amounts to snuff is a bit disturbing, I'm of the opinion that everyone deserves a trial before execution, call me crazy but a manic bloodletting in the streets doesn't fill me with pride.

*edit*

A point to consider would be that Gaddafi deprived many Libyans of a fair trial, I'd counter that with the fact that we're supposed to be better than him, as are the people who will eventually replace him...

Agreed.

Giving official history the benefit of the doubt and assuming that this was an evil mass murdering dictator who oppresed his people for generations... can we cut them a little slack?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Giving official history the benefit of the doubt and assuming that this was an evil mass murdering dictator who oppresed his people for generations... can we cut them a little slack?

I think they did give him slack IMO, I myself would not want to sit in a 6x6 cell with no windows by myself with no one to talk to for the rest of my life, kill me an be done.

I honestly just misread this:

"Who will ruin Post-Gaddafi Libya?"

instead of the correct "run"

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So Gaddaffi, Sadam and Osama are dead. Time to hold auditions for America's next Great Terrorist! :yucky:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

So Gaddaffi, Sadam and Osama are dead. Time to hold auditions for America's next Great Terrorist! :thumbsup:

I call Volo.

-Elwood Blues

"I call Volo. "

STFU you piece of crap. I don't commit mass murder like those scumbags. Stop the trolling, punk!

On a more serious note, while if I had the chocie Ghaddfi would have had his day in court.. his victims had their say. It should be noted if you treat people like trash .. well.. they are likely gonna return the favor when they get the chance. This is their justice. Their call.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

This is their justice. Their call.
Yeah... no. Without the thousands of strike sorties flown by NATO, the rebels would have been crushed in *weeks*. WE bombed Q's C3 and heavy weapons to rubble, the rebels just mopped up.

So this is "their" justice only in the sense that it's them who pumped Q full of lead when they got the chance. Which doesn't bother us at all.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

So.. you basically posted that to agree with me. Thanks.

hint: I wasn't agreeing with you (I never do, because you're like a compass always pointing WRONG)

owned

Oh boy, still butthurt?

Grow up. Or get some ointment.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

So.. you basically posted that to agree with me. Thanks.

hint: I wasn't agreeing with you (I never do, because you're like a compass always pointing WRONG)

owned

Oh boy, still butthurt?

Grow up. Or get some ointment.

lol "butthurt"

Will suck for Libya when all the Arab Spring countries get compared, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

How do you mean? Surely Libya is the only one which got a new government?

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

How do you mean? Surely Libya is the only one which got a new government?

Tunisia is holding democratic elections tomorrow, actually. Libya is still essentially run by a military council until their elections (understandably). I think Tunisia is far and way the model revolution. But hey, Gaddafi didn't actually give the Libyans the choice of being peaceful, so can't really blame them!