RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

If Morgoth likes it, you know it's garbage. :bat:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If Morgoth likes it, you know it's garbage. :bat:

One of my biggest warning bells on DX:HR is that Morgoth appears to like it.

If so, how good can it possibly be... o:)

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Hm, my theory may be flawed then. :bat:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hm, my theory may be flawed then. :bat:

Perhaps not universally applicable, but still useful as a general guide... o:)

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

At least there isn't any story/continuity to ruin and it's hardly the first bad X-COM game.

With all the mobile platforms and whatnot out there, people should really be making more turn-based strategy games. It's not like they require precise controls or crazy graphics. I'm look at you, Eastern Europe.

That is the absolute definition of raping an established game setting. I think I lost few brain cells just watching that demo. :sorcerer:

Agreed.

Incidentally, it's just occurred to me that we've had the 'staring over the top of a gun' interface paradigm for as long as I've been PC gaming. That is a looooong ****ing time. There must surely be other, better, paradigms.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That is the absolute definition of raping an established game setting. I think I lost few brain cells just watching that demo. :)

Agreed.

Incidentally, it's just occurred to me that we've had the 'staring over the top of a gun' interface paradigm for as long as I've been PC gaming. That is a looooong ****ing time. There must surely be other, better, paradigms.

Dark Messiah mixed it up. :sorcerer:

That is the absolute definition of raping an established game setting. I think I lost few brain cells just watching that demo. :)

Agreed.

Dark Messiah mixed it up. :sorcerer:

I think he's more wanting to stare under the bottom of the gun. Unless I misunderstand him.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Or maybe a view from inside the barrel.

I guess Japan makes turn-based strategy as well, but I might as well flip a coin on whether it's some animu horror or a decent SRPG.

(or both)

>>YOU HAVE ENCOUNTERED A WANDERING MONSTER! !

>>YOU HAVE ENCOUNTERED A PYRAMID HEAD! !

Attack -> Metal Pipe

>>YOU HIT PYRAMID HEAD

Dam: 0 pts.

>>YOU HIT PYRAMID HEAD

>>YOU CRITICAL HIT PYRAMID HEAD! !

>>PYRAMID HEAD HITS YOU WITH SWORD

Dam: 20, HP: 13/50

Dam: 25, HP: -12/50

YOU ARE DEAD! !

PYRAMID HEAD RAPES YOUR CORPSE.

YOU MURDERED YOUR WIFE.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

i wish there was a silent hill game like that. i loved 1 and 2, 3 was ok. the series then just kinda died.

multiplayer action game = bad idea

turn based rpg or silent hill adventure game = good idea

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

>>YOU HAVE ENCOUNTERED A WANDERING MONSTER! !

>>YOU HAVE ENCOUNTERED A PYRAMID HEAD! !

Attack -> Metal Pipe

>>YOU HIT PYRAMID HEAD

>>YOU HIT PYRAMID HEAD

>>YOU CRITICAL HIT PYRAMID HEAD! !

Dam: 20, HP: 13/50

Dam: 25, HP: -12/50

YOU ARE DEAD! !

PYRAMID HEAD RAPES YOUR CORPSE.

YOU MURDERED YOUR WIFE.

It's comments like this that make me love you :fdevil:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

A man goes to work. Shocking.

Oh right. Boo Spector, you sell out, etc.

Didn't Disney lay off massively a couple months ago? They fired like 1/3 of Junction Point, and now they're hiring massive numbers of people again.

Makes total sense.

But this is Disney we're talking about.

And I don't mind Spector making Mickey Mouse games. But for ****s sake, release it on PC too at least.

Edited by Morgoth

It's not about being for or against something. Spector used to innovate, push the genres, these days he makes games severely limited by their platform and controller choices. Epic Mickey ended up being as mediocre as it was because Spector tried to push his amazing concept onto the Wii with both Disney and Nintendo breathing down his neck.

There's nothing wrong with just working nine to five to put the food on the table, but today's Spector is a far cry from the man who worked on System Shock, Deus Ex and Thief.