What you did today

Tale

Heard pretty much the worst news of my life today. Even though I've known this day was coming since early spring it doesn't make it any easier to handle.

Why does life have to suck so much most of the time...

I hope tomorrow will be even worse so this day would seem better in comparison.

You can thank me later.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Heard pretty much the worst news of my life today. Even though I've known this day was coming since early spring it doesn't make it any easier to handle.

Why does life have to suck so much most of the time...

This normally helps...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Hey Wals, I'm working in London - We should hook up so I can drink you under the table :lol:

How long for, sparky?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hey Wals, I'm working in London - We should hook up so I can drink you under the table :)

How long for, sparky?

Atleast 9 months, probably alot longer.

Joined a new company, I has shares and stuff, so I'm around for some time.

Still games, before anyone asks.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Another Office Space moment was musing about getting a coffee maker in the office as out of 20 people, 10 drink coffee daily then being told that the manager would feel bad costing the company money for coffee.

Plan to hit the bookstore today, sucks that the Sci-Fi section is overrun with manga readers sitting all over the place.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hmm. Not sure if I can make it, but I have an er... Mexican friend I can send instead of me. His accent is a bit West Country, but don't let that fool you. he drinks tequila, which should be proof enough.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hey Wals, I'm working in London - We should hook up so I can drink you under the table :)

How long for, sparky?

Atleast 9 months, probably alot longer.

Joined a new company, I has shares and stuff, so I'm around for some time.

Still games, before anyone asks.

You change employers more often than most coders I know change underwear.

Personally, had a piss-poor day trying to figure out Lloyd's Mar forms and LPO 359B :p

Edited by Nepenthe

Ordered out for an indian. So waiting for the lamb balti and peshwari to arrive. Having one of those annoying sudden hit of tired and mental daze but keeping myself going forward or at least staggering in a general direction...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Starting PhD program here.

All the parts for my new computer arrived today.... except the case, which means I can't do anything. *sob*

Starting PhD program here.

I hear it's not as horrible to most people as it's been to me. :ermm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XViCOAu6UC0

Or maybe it is.

(Sorry if I've posted that before) :D

More seriously though, the best of luck!

Hmm. Not sure if I can make it, but I have an er... Mexican friend I can send instead of me. His accent is a bit West Country, but don't let that fool you. he drinks tequila, which should be proof enough.

LOL

Perhaps its more fool them.

Perhaps its more fool them.

True. There's a reason I don't talk to them any more. :D

Urf, had little sleep and what little I had was disturbed by a> the cat deciding to hammer on the door, then b> the alsatian deciding to jump on my bed.

Then said puppy has been a complete sod with the devil in him this morning and only just appears to be settling. It makes me really appreciate the mornings I can actually take the time to drink a cup of tea within the first hour I get up rather then be constantly dealing with those mini-crisis moments.

Urf, had little sleep and what little I had was disturbed by a> the cat deciding to hammer on the door, then b> the alsatian deciding to jump on my bed.

Then said puppy has been a complete sod with the devil in him this morning and only just appears to be settling. It makes me really appreciate the mornings I can actually take the time to drink a cup of tea within the first hour I get up rather then be constantly dealing with those mini-crisis moments.

I have to say that cruelty to animals is happening in your house, and that animal is YOU. Seriously, man. You're getting bongo'd.

-Elwood Blues

Trying to push through the day, but knowing I seriously need to kick my ass into gear. The lack of sleep not helping, but now the curry from last night seems determined to have it's revenge.

Trying to push through the day, but knowing I seriously need to kick my ass into gear. The lack of sleep not helping, but now the curry from last night seems determined to have it's revenge.

LOL. It's good for you. Clears out the parasites, opens the pores in your skin. Brulees your 'other' beard... All good.

-Elwood Blues

Root canal + semi-permanent filling. Will need to get crown in next year or so. Local is starting to wear off and my jaw is throbbing a bit. The dentist proscribed an antibiotic, but I think I'll take a nap before heading to the pharmacy (chemist)

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.